Please allow deck restrictions on ranked

Doeko
Master Sergeant

Re: Please allow deck restrictions on ranked

Postby Doeko » Wed 23 Apr 2014 19:35

Basil_pup wrote:
Doeko wrote:Another ladder isn't necessary becaues both players play by the same rules if they so choose. So it's fair.

You play vs restricted decks , top players vs all decks . Same rules , yeah.

Please get out of my thread or stop misrepresenting what I want. Top players can play vs only coalition decks if they themselves also use only coalition decks as well.

It should be just like the pub lobby system only the matchmaking will only match you with people who have the same preferences set. (Meaning that, probably, you have to wait longer if you set exotic preferences).

No unfairness.

Basil_pup
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Basil_pup » Wed 23 Apr 2014 20:50

Doeko wrote:Please get out of my thread or stop misrepresenting what I want. Top players can play vs only coalition decks if they themselves also use only coalition decks as well.
It should be just like the pub lobby system only the matchmaking will only match you with people who have the same preferences set. (Meaning that, probably, you have to wait longer if you set exotic preferences).
No unfairness.

So there will be two parrallel dimension of players that never meet one each other (unless restricted-deck-guys get rid of waiting and turn off their option) , but in the same ELO system.
One more example : 10 players choose restriction rules as you. They are weak and most of time you win them easily. You just slowly rose you ELO\rank. 1000 players choose no restriction. And in the no-restricted pool there much more competition and challenge cause more players. But you don't meet them unless they accept your rules. Or you want meet them and drop restriction rules.

Doeko
Master Sergeant

Postby Doeko » Wed 23 Apr 2014 22:29

Basil_pup wrote:
Doeko wrote:Please get out of my thread or stop misrepresenting what I want. Top players can play vs only coalition decks if they themselves also use only coalition decks as well.
No unfairness.

So there will be two parrallel dimension of players that never meet one each other (unless restricted-deck-guys get rid of waiting and turn off their option) , but in the same ELO system.
One more example : 10 players choose restriction rules as you. They are weak and most of time you win them easily. You just slowly rose you ELO\rank. 1000 players choose no restriction. And in the no-restricted pool there much more competition and challenge cause more players. But you don't meet them unless they accept your rules. Or you want meet them and drop restriction rules.

This is some really contrived stuff, that is not going to happen in reality.

Also if someone cares much about their ELO rank they can simply adjust their restrictions so that they will face the weaker players. Then the stronger players enter the weaker pool, and the pools will eventually be of exactly the same skill level, because all players who care about their ELO points would prefer to face other players who are as weak as possible. It's called arbitrage.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”