How to counter SU-27S

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: How to counter SU-27S

Postby another505 » Mon 21 Apr 2014 18:21

e22big wrote:Thanks!

I don't really like air spam tactic, control more than one fighter at the time is really difficult for me. And no, if you AMRAAM is superbly effective may be you haven't use it enough. In a head on fight I found not a single combat when AMRAAM equipped ASF beat a Flanker+Alamo combo.

And the reason I asked this is because in Airborne deck, the Blue force will almost have zero AAA and SAM assets, that's mean ASF is to only way to cover my air space. And if the best NATO fighter can't even beat an upper end Red ASF then what I am suppose to do? Isn't the blue suppose to have some edge in air unit?

well only ussr has better asf planes and quantity by cards
other than that, red dragon is terrible in asf

besides, redfor experience the same thing playing as airborne, but worse in AA department, by not having any in ussr, and hq-7 only for red dragon
and usa at least get avengers, plus stingers with 5 he is waaaaaaaaay better than igla 4 he with better range, 2 shots vs 3 shots to shoot down a plane
Eurocorp and get some crotale and frp roland 2
iirc commonwealth gets the rapier

thats really a problem for you not using the amraam right, you should charge in and dogfight the su27 than circling around, vulcan is op compare to the artificially gimped gsh-30 (thanks for the ground range, that was an amazing buff -sarcasm-) and amraam will be firing non stop unlike alamo...
Of Salt

Mot
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Mot » Mon 21 Apr 2014 20:43

T80U = tankbankai wrote:I know you wanted planes but ECM doesn't effect SPAAG's, i find them useful for dealing a little damage while panicking the plane.

ECM works against everything, even tank guns.
"I suck at Wargame" or "I have to wait 30 minutes to pubstomp people" are not solid arguments to criticize the game... just saying.

e22big
Private First-Class

Postby e22big » Mon 21 Apr 2014 22:26

another505 wrote:
e22big wrote:Thanks!

I don't really like air spam tactic, control more than one fighter at the time is really difficult for me. And no, if you AMRAAM is superbly effective may be you haven't use it enough. In a head on fight I found not a single combat when AMRAAM equipped ASF beat a Flanker+Alamo combo.

And the reason I asked this is because in Airborne deck, the Blue force will almost have zero AAA and SAM assets, that's mean ASF is to only way to cover my air space. And if the best NATO fighter can't even beat an upper end Red ASF then what I am suppose to do? Isn't the blue suppose to have some edge in air unit?

well only ussr has better asf planes and quantity by cards
other than that, red dragon is terrible in asf

besides, redfor experience the same thing playing as airborne, but worse in AA department, by not having any in ussr, and hq-7 only for red dragon
and usa at least get avengers, plus stingers with 5 he is waaaaaaaaay better than igla 4 he with better range, 2 shots vs 3 shots to shoot down a plane
Eurocorp and get some crotale and frp roland 2
iirc commonwealth gets the rapier

thats really a problem for you not using the amraam right, you should charge in and dogfight the su27 than circling around, vulcan is op compare to the artificially gimped gsh-30 (thanks for the ground range, that was an amazing buff -sarcasm-) and amraam will be firing non stop unlike alamo...

Charge in full frontal against SU-27 is a problem at the first place. I try to experiment with almost all of the Blueforce ASF, none of them can survive a frontal charge against Flanker without getting shoot mid-air (strange, I never seem to be troubled by this at all in Air Land Battle).

And China did have a decent ASF though, their Flanker is just as good as the USSR SU-27S and also shooting Alamo.

Can you explained a bit more about AMRAAM mechanism though? What do you mean by it is firing non-stop unlike Alamo? Are they work just like Sidewinder in dog fight? Or should I just flew the other way and the missile will engage the target automatically without me pointing my head at them?

Mako
General

Postby Mako » Mon 21 Apr 2014 22:33

Is this thread a joke?

That's one of the worst ASFs in the game right now :lol:

If you're struggling with that thing, god help you if your opponent brings out a Rafale or Su-27PU

T80U = tankbankai wrote:The F 15C Eagle, Eurofighter and Rafael are your best options. however the SU 27PU is unstoppable, that is the BEST ASF in the game, nothing can compare to it.

I know you wanted planes but ECM doesn't effect SPAAG's, i find them useful for dealing a little damage while panicking the plane.

I don't understand how someone can be so wrong so often.
Last edited by Mako on Mon 21 Apr 2014 22:34, edited 1 time in total.
If there's two kinds of players, those that like challenges and those that want a fair game, pubstomps should make everyone happy.

another505

Postby another505 » Mon 21 Apr 2014 22:34

Im too tired to give a good response

someone please help him, makko please :)
Of Salt

Mike

Postby Mike » Mon 21 Apr 2014 23:11

Su-27S will lose more often than not to any plane with medium range F&F missiles. So just use an F-15C, Eurofighter, German F-4 with AMRAAMs, US F-16C with AMRAAMs, And of course the Rafale. The Super Hornet with the new AMRAAM loadout would probably win too.
Courtesy of KattiValk

Sev
First Sergeant

Postby Sev » Mon 21 Apr 2014 23:42

the Su-27S has SA missiles, just suck it up and close the range for your AMRAAMs, or use something like the Tornado F3 with it's above NATO average MRAAM range, if you really have huge problems, get something like a F-15A or Tornado or Mirage 2000 working in consort with a F-15C, Typhoon, or Rafael or F-4F ICE, the older ASF can close the range and take the hits, from the Su-27s allowing your F&F ASF to close in and kill it.

wargamer1985
Brigadier

Postby wargamer1985 » Mon 21 Apr 2014 23:55

Yes, because lets bait our 190 point plane to kill a 10-point squad
APPLY TO THE GLORIOUS CULT OF THE WARHAWK! LIBERATING NAZIS SINCE 1939!

T80U = tankbankai
Captain

Postby T80U = tankbankai » Tue 22 Apr 2014 00:56

Yeah I spent alot of time today testing out the SU 27PU and Rafale, I deserve all the ''how can you be that stupid''comments GOD I was (still am) stupid.
Wargame: Mediterranean Factions/Thread Of The Year
Countess Bathory wrote:Nearly all of humanity's problems could be solved by delicious fried chicken.

Drang
Major-General

Postby Drang » Tue 22 Apr 2014 09:48

I WUB PUGS wrote:All planes fall to the hail of bullets from my F-8 spam. 8-)

Need to up your aggression level.

INSUFFICIENT FREEDOM.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”