The chatroom problem...

kaoz
Master Sergeant

The chatroom problem...

Postby kaoz » Wed 23 Apr 2014 23:51

... well what can i say? have you guys from eugen and focus ever been in the chatroom?
The strategy with you guys advertising information through forum does not reach all of the players and of course most of the chat users dont know your rules regarding chat because of this... i think this is an issue. Racial hatred is absolutly common in chatroom and also the hatespeech against any other possible minority or person... well its like this. if i had to report everytime one says: F*** y Motherf*** and**** ***** i will **** u. yoe are a***** ****.
it will be about 5.000 posts a day... and you will hate me and accuse me of spam.
by now you can mute people (thats soooo awesome!!!)... but there are so many and there are more coming...
GUYS you made such a great game! why cant you control the chat? i mean not stasi style but in a way of programs that block certain words and inform the user that the company rules regarding the use of language in chat will be inforced...
I mean be fair. If you know where to look its easy to find all the information but if you start the game not reading the licence agreement (as 80% of users do) it´s like the hangout in the cellar of the council house informing you that your home will be removed...
i mean i wouldn´t care but sometimes i chat with some people i dont know so i use chat. sometimes i help noobs and other players do this too... but how can you help a noob if there are 8 other people denying holocaust, hailing hitler, saying rape is good and muslims are pigs in the same time??? I mean seriously!
my propoasal is the following. every 5 minutes you present your chatrules in chat...
and every 2 weeks you guys have one to clean up online... see, locate, ban... do this for a month and there will be a way more interesting and less hurting screen in multiplayer menue...
dont flame me for restrictions on free speech... the online chat is the ugly (and in my eyes nearly the only) downgrader of this awesome game.

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: The chatroom problem...

Postby orcbuster » Wed 23 Apr 2014 23:53

Report lobby chat abusers here

viewtopic.php?f=91&t=32759

Thats the place to discuss it and report problems with the chat/game behaviour, follow the rules and the players will be banned
Viker for ingen!

kaoz
Master Sergeant

Postby kaoz » Wed 23 Apr 2014 23:59

sorry if this is the wrong thread but i didnt want to intervere with the reportings on the thread...
as i said... there is a frequency of 10 seconds between offending words in the online chatroom. 360 times each hour or more if they copy paste... that makes it 8640 if they would do it 24/7...

[EUG]MadMat

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Thu 24 Apr 2014 00:00

You know you can mute people now?

duro909
Lieutenant

Postby duro909 » Thu 24 Apr 2014 00:11

[EUG]MadMat wrote:You know you can mute people now?

Thats not the case he was meaning....
If a player just mute single person (or couple) it wont solve this problem.
There are too many of those ugly rude "people".
... and Malware-free banner too!

[EUG]MadMat

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Thu 24 Apr 2014 00:12

Unfortunately, the only things we can't fix are people ... :(

MajoorHokie
Master Sergeant

Postby MajoorHokie » Thu 24 Apr 2014 00:16

[EUG]MadMat wrote:Unfortunately, the only things we can't fix are people ... :(

People are too mean plz nerf nao ;__;

I do agree though that the chat is quite bad. Is there any way we can get a reporting mechanic in the game itself rather than on the forums?

Rorschach
Lieutenant General

Postby Rorschach » Thu 24 Apr 2014 00:23

The chat is on the front page of the game and does not make a good impression on new players.

It's either armchair generals arguing, people spamming swastikas, or people arguing about the USA.

It makes the game look bad to new players.
A brilliant plan from the dirtiest euro-hippie: get US players to pay me for a game that I then show them how much their military sucks so I can feel better about being a communist.

Lorik Eolmin
First Sergeant

Postby Lorik Eolmin » Thu 24 Apr 2014 00:27

[EUG]MadMat wrote:Unfortunately, the only things we can't fix are people ... :(

I don't know how it is on other ones, but I have to say the French channel is quiet and peaceful, It's in the main chat that the problem lies. This fact could contain a part of the answer(s) to this issue.

(learn French? Maybe not but why not? :D )

realfakealex
Lieutenant

Postby realfakealex » Thu 24 Apr 2014 00:34

Switch from Wargame chat to Wargame FR

much much much much better

or do this... press the green button!

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”