DEAR EUGEN – Yes, yes I would buy yet another Wargame Sequel

fiese_moep
Warrant Officer

Re: DEAR EUGEN – Yes, yes I would buy yet another Wargame Se

Postby fiese_moep » Sat 26 Apr 2014 15:40

Click on thier website, under about its accounced that they work on 2 rts games for release next year. so act of war and ....

zdza
Staff Sergeant

Postby zdza » Sat 26 Apr 2014 16:23

Wargame: European Dragon Battle!

ITS HAPPENING!!!!

all maps from all 3 games
special restrict units feature allows you to play each game inside this one, that's right: European escalation artillery all over again!!!
DLC? you bet! the new DLC will include new nations such as Afghanistan and Fiji. Now you can play as your nation too!

coming march 2015

Kolovrat
Lieutenant

Postby Kolovrat » Sat 26 Apr 2014 17:07

Wargame series is awesome RTS, but honestly i'd better want to see totally new engine - too many engine restrictions stir game development.

feeblezak
Lieutenant

Postby feeblezak » Sat 26 Apr 2014 17:22

Bewolf wrote:No Ruse please...but the WW2 Theme or alternatively a 2014 update certainly would not harm the franchise

I definitely would not buy a Wargame set in world war 2.
Give the MiG-19PFM its 5600m Missile back!!
If Someone could tell the drivers of the T-72M1M's and T-72B's to close their hatches, cheers.

yacoub
Warrant Officer

Postby yacoub » Sat 26 Apr 2014 17:25

Bewolf wrote:No Ruse please...but the WW2 Theme or alternatively a 2014 update certainly would not harm the franchise

Yes!

feeblezak
Lieutenant

Postby feeblezak » Sat 26 Apr 2014 17:28

World War 2 Wargame would signal the death of my interest in the franchise.
If Someone could tell the drivers of the T-72M1M's and T-72B's to close their hatches, cheers.

goodman528
Sergeant

Postby goodman528 » Sat 26 Apr 2014 17:36

As much as I love the wargame series, I think it's best to let it end on a high note. Sometimes you need to innovate and make new games to keep your fans. For example, I played a lot of Company of Heroes back in the day, but when they released COH 2 and it was just the same game mechanics with new skins 6 years later... ... I gave up on the series. Another example, I played a lot of Starcraft back in the day, but then they released the same game 11 years later... ... I gave up on that series too. Eugene however has been doing a great job, Act of war -> RUSE -> Wargame -> whatever comes next. Innovation is what makes a company great.

I really look forward to the next game Eugene makes. I hope it is a near future "hard sci-fi" strategy game that pushes RTS to new boundaries. There is a lot of design space RTS has yet to explore.

47andrej
Lieutenant

Postby 47andrej » Sat 26 Apr 2014 17:41

Mediterranean Sea from Italy and Yugoslavia to Turkey, Syria and Israel. I'm agree if they take pause from Wargame with Act of War before next title though.

Darkstar387
Warrant Officer

Postby Darkstar387 » Sat 26 Apr 2014 17:45

I'd love to see another wargame in the pipeline, but think about it.
EE mastered ground combat. ALB mastered air combat. RD mastered WILL master naval combat.
I don't think a 4th installment would bring any new gameplay to the table, I think Eugen would have a hard time justifying a $50 price tag for a few new nations and some maps. HOWEVER.... i would certainly pay for a Wargame DLC that mixed all the best maps in EE, ALB and RD.

If they did make a new title, These are some things they could do.
- Bring the timeline up to 2005
- Add some of the middle-eastern super-powers like Isreal, Iran, Saudi Arabia, India, Pakistan. Those countries do have several unique units they could bring to the table. Merkava's would be fun to see in Wargame.
- New regions to fight in, like the snow covered mountains of Afghanistan.
- Add dynamic weather. Rain & snow would restrict visibility and aircraft's operational capacity.
- Night maps with nightvision filter for the HUD.
- CO-OP campaign
- Objective based game-modes.
- Smoke launchers for armor

feeblezak
Lieutenant

Postby feeblezak » Sat 26 Apr 2014 17:47

Darkstar387 wrote:I'd love to see another wargame in the pipeline, but think about it.
EE mastered ground combat. ALB mastered air combat. RD mastered WILL master naval combat.
I don't think a 4th installment would bring any new gameplay to the table, I think Eugen would have a hard time justifying a $50 price tag for a few new nations and some maps. HOWEVER.... i would certainly pay for a Wargame DLC that mixed all the best maps in EE, ALB and RD.

If they did make a new title, These are some things they could do.
- Bring the timeline up to 2005
- Add some of the middle-eastern super-powers like Isreal, Iran, Saudi Arabia, India, Pakistan. Those countries do have several unique units they could bring to the table. Merkava's would be fun to see in Wargame.
- New regions to fight in, like the snow covered mountains of Afghanistan.
- Add dynamic weather. Rain & snow would restrict visibility and aircraft's operational capacity.
- Night maps with nightvision filter for the HUD.
- CO-OP campaign
- Objective based game-modes.
- Smoke launchers for armor

I'd hate 2000's, but the rest of it sounds good. I'd like to see the rest of the countries from the Warsaw Pact (Romania, Bulgaria etc., i know their Armies sucked, but completion-ism!) and NATO (Italy, Turkey..) as well as Towed weapons.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”