DEAR EUGEN – Yes, yes I would buy yet another Wargame Sequel

Fade2Gray
General

Re: DEAR EUGEN – Yes, yes I would buy yet another Wargame Se

Postby Fade2Gray » Sun 27 Apr 2014 15:31

Redlegarmybrat wrote:A wargame where Russia invades the US in Alaska would be cool but I'm not sure what other nations would be doing there

Actually, that would make for a decent campaign centered around a pure USA vs USSR grudge match with no one else getting involved. I think an Alaska campaign would be perfect for this.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

OrangeFr3ak
Master Sergeant

Postby OrangeFr3ak » Sun 27 Apr 2014 16:32

I won't mind having a WarGame title set in the Middle East, with factions like Israel, Egypt, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Iran and Libya. India and Pakistan are interesting choices for WarGame too. For now, I'll just wait for more details on Act of Aggression.

bigcracker
Corporal

Postby bigcracker » Sun 27 Apr 2014 17:49

I would buy a 4th wargame.

Wargame devs gives you a lot of patches, Free DLC, and a discount for past fans on new games. We have tons of things to add yet, Cough AC130 gunship cough, Israeli,Egypt,Iran,Iraq,India,Pakistan, just a whole middle east that just hasnt even been touched yet. Also its the cold war right? So maybe add some maps that focus on USSR invading Alaska and having winter maps.

Mot
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Mot » Sun 27 Apr 2014 18:01

Wargame, World Campaign MMO.

Now this would make me pay a subscription fee every month gladly.
"I suck at Wargame" or "I have to wait 30 minutes to pubstomp people" are not solid arguments to criticize the game... just saying.

philstat
First Sergeant

Postby philstat » Sun 27 Apr 2014 20:49

Absolutely would buy any new game in this series, would love to see South Africa, Israel and others such as Saudi, UAE etc.

Person012345
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Person012345 » Sun 27 Apr 2014 21:06

cswelleswatts wrote:DEAR EUGEN – Yes, yes I would buy yet another Wargame Sequel (for full price!)

I love the Wargame series. Seriously! I have 206 hours racked up in European Escalation, 189 hours in Airland battle and so far 43 hours in Red Dragon. Now, understand that as a gamer I get bored really easily. 200 hours for me is phenomenal. My next favorite game in my steam list is Civilization 5 and I’ve played that for 130 hours. I rarely replay games. If you look at the rest of my games list I rarely play over 60 hours.

As someone with 632 hours on ALB and 134 hours of RD time (mostly testing in the beta) and an unknown amount of EE time (my steam count is wrong, but either way it's not a huge amount due to computer issues I had around the time), RD has shaken my confidence in the franchise and in hindsight I wouldn't even have bought RD if I knew what I was going to get on release.

Although the multiplayer was ruined by a couple of poor design decisions, I could have lived with that if the singleplayer was good - I prefer single player anyway because I don't like you people, but multiplayer is the only way to get an occasional decent game, that's expected. Come release we find the singleplayer is really poor and overall the game ends up being substandard for a videogame, let alone a wargame game, the sequel to ALB. It's particularly painful because of the incredible awesomeness that I had expected from the idea that it would be "like ALB but with asia and boats".

I barely play now - I hadn't in weeks, though I'm attempting a small RP thing now. Unfortunately battles don't feel like actual wars and I have to play both sides against the AI in turn because it's so bad that it's literally unusable in stead of any kind of real opposition, thus meaning it will at best be an abstract representation just to calculate the deaths for each side and nothing more. Which is sad and probably not workable.

At least in ALB I felt like I was actually fighting a war, in RD I really just feel like I'm playing a videogame.

twan11
First Sergeant

Postby twan11 » Sun 27 Apr 2014 21:08

I bought WEE and WAB as a bundle on Steam, how much did I pay? About $22.00. Honestly, for the price of a cheap dinner I got what is now one of my favorite games (two of them even) and have been playing ever since.

So hell yes I'd buy another Wargame.

The only thing I hate is not having a physical copy of the disc, I'd much rather buy it and have it, not to mention I don't have the fastest internet to download 8+ gigs to install it, but whatever.
Wargame: Airland Battle deck system...In Red Dragon.

Swingfire
Warrant Officer

Postby Swingfire » Sun 27 Apr 2014 21:12

Has Wargame 40,000 already been brought up?

feeblezak
Lieutenant

Postby feeblezak » Sun 27 Apr 2014 21:28

Swingfire wrote:Has Wargame 40,000 already been brought up?

It would be nice to have an Apocalypse scale RTS...
Give the MiG-19PFM its 5600m Missile back!!
If Someone could tell the drivers of the T-72M1M's and T-72B's to close their hatches, cheers.

Darkstar387
Warrant Officer

Postby Darkstar387 » Sun 27 Apr 2014 21:49

I can see it now...

Afghan National Army:
Militia Squad: Tribal Warriors - 10 Points
Transport Option:
Goat - 1 Point
Camel - 5 Points
Technical - 10 Points

Somebody loses an M1A2 to a Goat in the forrest.
"GOAT IS OP PLZ NERF"

Wargame in a nutshell

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”