Soviet Ka-52 Stealth reduce

Forimar
Captain

Re: Soviet Ka-52 Stealth reduce

Postby Forimar » Tue 29 Apr 2014 22:21

RedDevilCG wrote:
Forimar wrote:100pt KA52 then pls, its already an overpriced POS without nerfing its stealth.
Have you actually tried it in game? I'm willing to bet if they didn't mention this in the patch notes, no one would have even noticed.

Misread the nerf, whoops. I thought the plan was to make it's stealth nothing. Regardless, it still is a worse Tiger PAH-2 now, and it deserves a massive price buff before it starts getting nerfed.

Edit: Damn you patch notes I didn't notice... Thanks eugen for the buff, but I still think its a pretty bad piece of equipment for the price.
Last edited by Forimar on Tue 29 Apr 2014 22:39, edited 1 time in total.

Scharnberg
Master Sergeant

Postby Scharnberg » Tue 29 Apr 2014 22:35

It seems like some havnt read the patch notes and i apparently neither did a very good job at descriping my fear in this thread.

It was more of a question about if Ka-52 still has a little better stealth than ka-50 even though both say medium now ingame. as it does have better counter messures in real life.

I just think its wrong if they will be represent in game with the same level of stealth when ka-52 has better counter messures than ka-50. (And no i do not mean that it says medium now, i mean the true stealth value).

And for the people who think this is a nerf its kinda not. Ka-52 also got a buff if you read patch notes. It can now detect Radar Sam´s from further away.

The only thing i meant with this thread is that i belive ka-52 true stealth vaule ingame should be higher than ka-50´s.

Edit: it also got a Price buff - Soviet Ka-52 price decreased from 150$ to 130$.
Pro Rege Et Grege

D-Core
Sergeant

Postby D-Core » Tue 29 Apr 2014 22:40

IMO stealth on helis is just bullshit. When something's firing at your heli and you still can't see it, it's stupid as hell.

chykka
Brigadier

Postby chykka » Tue 29 Apr 2014 22:47

wargamer1985 wrote:Flares/chaffs does not=Stealth, throwing hundreds of detectable signals in the sky IS NOT STEALTH, the fact is neither should have any stealth
sorry for my temper but seeing this so many times has agitated me

Scharnberg wrote:Ka-52 Alligator:
The Alligator is equipped with rejecters of heat and radar misleading targets. The rejecters are placed in aerodynamic containers fitted at wings’ ends. Each casing (container) contains two rejecters for 32 misleading 26mm calibre targets each. The whole system works on principle of evaluated response based on infrared or electronic impulse irradiation.

Well than, if we remove some stealth than I guess it gets some ECM now ? :)

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Tue 29 Apr 2014 22:52

REDDQ wrote:All choppers should have medium stealth to simulate NOE flight. That is the only way chopper can hide from radar.

^^

Though the Mi24's 3-ship formation wasnt really intended for NoE...

DiabloTigerSix
Colonel

Postby DiabloTigerSix » Tue 29 Apr 2014 23:46

Forimar wrote:100pt KA52 then pls, its already an overpriced POS without nerfing its stealth.

KA52 is OP vs ANTI-AIR :roll:

Amur_Tiger
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Amur_Tiger » Wed 30 Apr 2014 01:36

DiabloTigerSix wrote:

KA52 is OP vs RADAR :roll:

Fixed that for you, too bad radar AA is far from being the biggest threat to helicopters meaning you have to expose your 150 point recon chopper to a heck of a lot of potential AA fire just to snipe that AA piece that's largely targeted at planes anyways. I suspect the Longbow's accurate F&F hellfires are better at clearing out AA then the Ka-52's 2 SEAD because it doesn't have to ignore half the AA out there and having more then a couple missiles helps too.

chykka
Brigadier

Postby chykka » Wed 30 Apr 2014 02:08

DiabloTigerSix wrote:

KA52 is OP vs ANTI-AIR :roll:

just lone gun tanks and the anti jet radar. Two anti radiation missiles won't save it from everything else.

Babubudu
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Babubudu » Wed 30 Apr 2014 09:41

Ka 50 (and ka-52) have some stealth compared to other helicopters in RL., they have reduced heat radius (Engine exhaust heat screens reduce the thermal signature of the helicopter and flare dispensers protect the helicopter against heatseeking missiles.) they are fitted with radar warning receiver and they have reduced NOISE, electronic warfare system and chaff and flare dispenser, so basically they are harder to spot/shot.

But this is correctly represented in the game as medium stealth for Ka-50/52 and good stealth for Tiger (everything what Ka 50/52 has + fully composite and Radar cross-section (RCS) reductions, so basically better stealth)

But what really must be represented in this game (compared to Tiger HAP/HAD) is greater maneuverability of Ka50/52.
Why?

Maneuverability:
"The coaxial-rotor configuration results in moments of inertia values relative to vertical and lateral axes being between 1.5 to 2 times less than the values found in conventionally designed combat single rotor helicopters with tail rotors. Absence of the tail rotor enables the helicopter to perform flat turns within the entire flight speed range. A maximum vertical g-load of 3.5 combined with low moments of inertia give the Ka-50 a high level of agility and maneuverability."

It must be more agile: faster turn radius, faster take off, landing, start/stop of the fly, if we will have this, then it will be ok at their price.
Also as I said before, Ka50/52 must be more accurate with their cannon (because of mounting, helicopters with guns at their nose cant be so accurate because of vibration, meanwhile Ka50/52 gun is mounted at the midle-side, it's so accurate what sometimes it's even called sniper, and we don's see this in game, in RL it's easy to kill IFV from long distance with just few shots, meanwhile in game it's gun is crappy).

Hidden Gunman
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Hidden Gunman » Wed 30 Apr 2014 10:57

Scharnberg wrote:While im all in all is okay with the nerf of the stealth of the Ka-52 since its kinda out of Red Dragon timeframe, and it has to be suspected that the russian gear of the end of the Cold war proberly was abit lagging compared to gloryfired soviet reports.

Why?

Remember that the Soviets didn't have to talk stuff up to scam people to buy it, like the Western industrial-military complex does...they only had to scam the West into thinking they were bungling incompetents...and they were largely successful at doing so.
A Firefly killed Wittman...

It's a 17lbr, not a 76.2mm.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”