Grenzer are still 15 points.

integ3r
Lieutenant

Grenzer are still 15 points.

Postby integ3r » Wed 30 Apr 2014 13:31

So you went out of your way to ruin polish Zwiad but Grenzer got left alone again?

Snarky remarks aside, it's the pact 10 point tier recon inf. The BGS equivalent. However the price is at 15.
"How do into gaem of war? How 2 git gud?":
Spoiler : :

nutegunray
Command Sergeant Major

Re: Grenzer are still 15 points.

Postby nutegunray » Wed 30 Apr 2014 13:58

Not only that, the punished the Zwiad. even more by making them a "shock recon" with regular inf weapon stats XD

So whereas before they could at least defend themselves against like Rangers... now they drop like flies. And yeah grenzers need to be cheaper with their militia speed, and no weapons to show for it.

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Wed 30 Apr 2014 14:11

nutegunray wrote:Not only that, the punished the Zwiad. even more by making them a "shock recon" with regular inf weapon stats XD

It's been fixed already here.

Zwiado. were actually the cause of all the "Polish shock" fuss: they were shock troops, with a regular weapon which was mistakenly brought to shock stats to fit their trining.
But in the process, all the other reular units using that same AK were buffed.

So, when we fixed the Polish regular AK, it affected the Zwiado. too since they had it.

But now, it is fixed: the regulars keep their regular rigfle with regular stats, and the Zwiado.'s weapon got changed for a real shock weapon.

It should be in a patch soon.

Scharnberg
Master Sergeant

Postby Scharnberg » Wed 30 Apr 2014 14:13

Like :D
Pro Rege Et Grege

integ3r
Lieutenant

Postby integ3r » Wed 30 Apr 2014 16:06

[EUG]MadMat wrote:
nutegunray wrote:Not only that, the punished the Zwiad. even more by making them a "shock recon" with regular inf weapon stats XD

It's been fixed already here.

Zwiado. were actually the cause of all the "Polish shock" fuss: they were shock troops, with a regular weapon which was mistakenly brought to shock stats to fit their trining.
But in the process, all the other reular units using that same AK were buffed.

So, when we fixed the Polish regular AK, it affected the Zwiado. too since they had it.

But now, it is fixed: the regulars keep their regular rigfle with regular stats, and the Zwiado.'s weapon got changed for a real shock weapon.

It should be in a patch soon.

Did you ever consider the role of shock-recon? It's so close to special forces recon which just eclipses shock in terms of performance for 5 points more. As such it's never worth it.

I think Shock-recon should be 10 men but with 'Regular' training and that would be a nice compromise without stepping on the toes of shock infantry, SF or the 15 point tier recon. If they were shock 10-man you'd risk them replacing shock Inf due to superior stealth and optics. And in their current state, they're advertised as something that can fight, but they can't really.

Could also do the availability / veterancy dance.

Or maybe bump SF up to 30 (UH OH).

nutegunray
Command Sergeant Major

Postby nutegunray » Wed 30 Apr 2014 16:16

[EUG]MadMat wrote:Zwiado. were actually the cause of all the "Polish shock" fuss: they were shock troops, with a regular weapon which was mistakenly brought to shock stats to fit their trining.

HAHA! Polish Recon strikes again I see... With the above statement they should be renamed "saboteurs" or something XD

But while at the topic of corrections... Will Polish and DDR Shilkas (which r supposed to be Soviet clones) get their speed to to Soviet v1 at 50km/h and autonomy? Currently they r just too slow and needy to bother with.
Last edited by nutegunray on Wed 30 Apr 2014 16:19, edited 1 time in total.

spyker92
Lieutenant

Postby spyker92 » Wed 30 Apr 2014 16:17

There's a lot of pricing / stat issues between the various Pact nations, a lot of them being obvious oversights. Madmats obvious POLISH BIAS certianly isn't helping the matter get buffed out either. ;)

-the DDR ZSU-57-2 only comes 1 per card but the Polish one comes 2 per card,
-the DDR liechteshutzen AK is worse then the Polish Metys team AK (despite everything else being the same)
-Grenzer price

Those are just 3 that come to mind off the top of my head. I'm certain there's more. And I could prolly make a post with all the various issues.

integ3r
Lieutenant

Postby integ3r » Wed 30 Apr 2014 16:21

spyker92 wrote:There's a lot of pricing / stat issues between the various Pact nations, a lot of them being obvious oversights. Madmats obvious POLISH BIAS certianly isn't helping the matter get buffed out either. ;)

-the DDR ZSU-57-2 only comes 1 per card but the Polish one comes 2 per card,
-the DDR liechteshutzen AK is worse then the Polish Metys team AK (despite everything else being the same)
-Grenzer price

Those are just 3 that come to mind off the top of my head. I'm certain there's more. And I could prolly make a post with all the various issues.

Poland gets 40 T34s while everyone else gets 32. ;)

The Chinese BM24 is slightly superior to others. Real strange stuff. But something I'm happy to take advantage of.

ShanRevan
Second-Lieutenant

Postby ShanRevan » Wed 30 Apr 2014 17:01

I have no idea why Grenzers are listed as shock, they have militia weapons and militia stats.

Zoring
Warrant Officer

Postby Zoring » Wed 30 Apr 2014 17:09

I feel the recon section is in need of some tidying up. (which i've written a lot on in my thread in my sig)

Those 5 man recon squads in particularly need a buff up to 10 man. Give them a bit of survivability. Plus all those units are usually proper fighting units too, Greenjackets, Rangers etc, should be capable of fighting.
Want to know how to make 116 redundant units usable? Click to read my thread on Recon Refitting!

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”