Yugoslavia in Red Dragon

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: [Non-included nation] YUGOSLAVIA

Postby another505 » Sun 19 Jun 2016 23:12

Sweedish_Gunner wrote:The T-72's (base, A and M) accuracy is already overbuffed compared to other T-72 variants. The A and M's shouldn't be as accurate as the B variants but they are.

Putting the M-84A to 60% is pretty ridiculous as it'd be on par with a T-80U and I'm not sure how good it's FCS is compared to the T-80U.

Also I don't think the base M-84 had vastly improved armour did it? I thought it just had a 16 or 20mm plate added on?

B variants have 2275m range, others you mention dont. So B is technically more accurate already
Of Salt

Sweedish_Gunner
Brigadier

Postby Sweedish_Gunner » Sun 19 Jun 2016 23:18

another505 wrote:
Sweedish_Gunner wrote:The T-72's (base, A and M) accuracy is already overbuffed compared to other T-72 variants. The A and M's shouldn't be as accurate as the B variants but they are.

Putting the M-84A to 60% is pretty ridiculous as it'd be on par with a T-80U and I'm not sure how good it's FCS is compared to the T-80U.

Also I don't think the base M-84 had vastly improved armour did it? I thought it just had a 16 or 20mm plate added on?

B variants have 2275m range, others you mention dont. So B is technically more accurate already

Not factoring range the accuracy still shouldn't be the same. The T-72B had a way more advanced FCS compared to the T-72A.

Buff all the T-72B variants to 55% accuracy. :twisted:

Mike

Postby Mike » Sun 19 Jun 2016 23:39

Razzmann wrote:Also, the M-90 or 91 with 10RPM really need to happen. Basically all "real" superheavies have 9rpm. 10rpm would be really flavourful OP and whine inducing!

FTFY ;) :lol:

Sweedish_Gunner wrote:
Buff all the T-72B variants to 55% accuracy. :twisted:

Man up and say your proposals loud and proud!
Courtesy of KattiValk

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Sun 19 Jun 2016 23:46

Mike wrote:
Razzmann wrote:Also, the M-90 or 91 with 10RPM really need to happen. Basically all "real" superheavies have 9rpm. 10rpm would be really flavourful OP and whine inducing!

FTFY ;) :lol:

Nothing is OP if Yugoslavia has it, it is called "influenced by Roki" 8-)

nuke92
Lieutenant

Postby nuke92 » Sun 19 Jun 2016 23:47

"Also I don't think the base M-84 had vastly improved armour did it? I thought it just had a 16 or 20mm plate added on?"

This is composite armour with non metals sandwitched between two armour plates. The T-72M has no such armor and Saddams high quality steel has proven the difference. Yugoslav tank crews who manned T-72Ms called the M-84 "a miracle of technology" ... it was 84 and the yugos built their first modern tank :lol:
But still the fcs was a big improvement along with armour, engine and autoloader.

M-84A with 55% accuracy seems right... i woudnt compare it with T-80U.
Croatia upgraded their tank fleet from 1996 to M-84 A4 with a new FCS from Slovenia.
Guess where the blueprints come from... I would go as far as 60% accuracy with this variant but without any other changes compared to M-84A
"Spike MR is more accurate I'll give you that but Konkurs has more range and isn't prototype" - Warchat™ July 2017
"ALB added planes, RD added ships, WG4 will add Ekranoplans" - Warchat™ August 2017

nuke92
Lieutenant

Postby nuke92 » Mon 20 Jun 2016 00:03

And remember that Yugoslavia had conections with western arms manufacturers. Particularly the french arms industry. The Soko Gazela was localy built, they planed to build Super Pumas locally, the yugoslav fighter programm Novi Avion (Mini Rafale) with french missiles was in pre prototype phase when all hell broke lose...
"Spike MR is more accurate I'll give you that but Konkurs has more range and isn't prototype" - Warchat™ July 2017
"ALB added planes, RD added ships, WG4 will add Ekranoplans" - Warchat™ August 2017

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Mon 20 Jun 2016 00:17

Yeah Wikipedia talked of granite and whatever sandwiched between steel. Also glass in resin (composite). Reportedly the armor was very hard to penetrate from the front in the field, other directions were a much different story. So possibly a poor man's T-64 with very good front armour.

Also much more powerful german engines are detailed in Wikipedia.

Mike

Postby Mike » Mon 20 Jun 2016 00:30

varis wrote:Yeah Wikipedia talked of granite and whatever sandwiched between steel. Also glass in resin (composite). Reportedly the armor was very hard to penetrate from the front in the field, other directions were a much different story. So possibly a poor man's T-64 with very good front armour.

Also much more powerful german engines are detailed in Wikipedia.

Wikipedia isn't really known for accurate detailed analysis of tanks. :?
Courtesy of KattiValk

Sweedish_Gunner
Brigadier

Postby Sweedish_Gunner » Mon 20 Jun 2016 00:46

nuke92 wrote:"Also I don't think the base M-84 had vastly improved armour did it? I thought it just had a 16 or 20mm plate added on?"

This is composite armour with non metals sandwitched between two armour plates. The T-72M has no such armor and Saddams high quality steel has proven the difference. Yugoslav tank crews who manned T-72Ms called the M-84 "a miracle of technology" ... it was 84 and the yugos built their first modern tank :lol:
But still the fcs was a big improvement along with armour, engine and autoloader.

M-84A with 55% accuracy seems right... i woudnt compare it with T-80U.
Croatia upgraded their tank fleet from 1996 to M-84 A4 with a new FCS from Slovenia.
Guess where the blueprints come from... I would go as far as 60% accuracy with this variant but without any other changes compared to M-84A

The base T-72 had non-metals sandwiched between 2 plates. What matters is the thickness and composition. Was it changed for the M-84 or was it a direct copy of the T-72M?

Yeah I don't doubt the effectiveness of Yugo's top tier tanks, I look forward to some great top tier vehicles. After all armoured decks are my favourite.

Edit; the whole reason I bought EE was because I saw a T-72 screenshot.

nuke92
Lieutenant

Postby nuke92 » Mon 20 Jun 2016 01:56

"The original T-72 turret is made from conventional cast armor.
The T-72A featured a new turret with thicker but nearly vertical frontal armor. The cast steel turret included a cavity filled with quartz or sand.
The T-72M (export version of the Soviet T-72A) featured a different armor protection compared to the T-72A: it had a different composite insert in the turret cavity... "

Thickness 500-600 for 72 550-600 for 84, material steel aluminium titanium and communism i couldn't resist :lol:
So base M-84 is improved T-72A with identical armour. This is non wiki info
Another argument for 55% accuracy is M-84s only visible difference, the meterological sensor.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”