Yugoslavia in Red Dragon

nuke92
Lieutenant

Re: Yugoslavia in Red Dragon

Postby nuke92 » Wed 21 Sep 2016 16:51

Found a pdf of the manufacturer, it really has one :)
In case Orao gets the lighter 8x 250kg loadout, RAB-250 would be the way to go.
It is designated UPB M-91 (B stands for blizinski which means proximity)
Last edited by nuke92 on Fri 23 Sep 2016 05:30, edited 2 times in total.
"Spike MR is more accurate I'll give you that but Konkurs has more range and isn't prototype" - Warchat™ July 2017
"ALB added planes, RD added ships, WG4 will add Ekranoplans" - Warchat™ August 2017

Sgt._Pepper
Lieutenant

Postby Sgt._Pepper » Wed 21 Sep 2016 17:06

HrcAk47 wrote:Otomatic has 3HE thanks to "proximity fuses" even though all other weapons in 57-82 mm class have 2HE.

AFAIK China makes 57 mm shells with proximity fuses, buff pls.

nuke92
Lieutenant

Postby nuke92 » Wed 21 Sep 2016 18:16

Mike wrote:
HrcAk47 wrote:Otomatic has 3HE thanks to "proximity fuses" even though all other weapons in 57-82 mm class have 2HE.

Yeah, proximity fuses generally give an HE boost. The amount depends on the caliber.

What's the amount for FAB-250? This shreds anything short of RHA steel and even then it's devastating to IFVs
"Spike MR is more accurate I'll give you that but Konkurs has more range and isn't prototype" - Warchat™ July 2017
"ALB added planes, RD added ships, WG4 will add Ekranoplans" - Warchat™ August 2017

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Wed 21 Sep 2016 19:13

nuke92 wrote:
Mike wrote:

Yeah, proximity fuses generally give an HE boost. The amount depends on the caliber.

What's the amount for FAB-250? This shreds anything short of RHA steel and even then it's devastating to IFVs

I believe it's different for bombs.
Courtesy of KattiValk

Keinutnai
Lieutenant

Postby Keinutnai » Wed 21 Sep 2016 19:20

I just want to say that I am so glad this is happening!

THANK YOU EUGEN!

These are the units I hope we will see:
Novi Avion
Non-radar NEVA aka "Sorry we didn't know it was invisible"
9K52 Luna-M (Frog-7) - (Redfor brother of Lance)
M-95 Degman
M-84
BVP M-80 (IFV with twin ATGM launchers) - can it fire 2 ATGM at once please?
M-87 Orkan
M-77 Oganj

Infantry:
15 Man Malyutka armed Squads - Mountain Troops - Yugoslavia was well known for their mountain fighting forces
Teritoriyalna Odbrana (Територијална одбрана) - Yugoslav home guard, part of Total People's Defence Doctrine. Give them 5 point trucks pls!
Wargame 4 - Balkan at War - New Countries: Italy, Spain, Greece & Turkey versus Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Hungary & Romania!

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Wed 21 Sep 2016 19:21

nuke92 wrote:Found a pdf of the manufacturer, it really has one :)

I don't think you want 250 kg bombs. Unless there's a load of them, they do jack-all.

Keinutnai wrote:Non-radar NEVA aka "Sorry we didn't know it was invisible"

And how will it track? The laser/infrared version didn't come out until the early 2000s.

Keinutnai wrote:9K52 Luna-M (Frog-7) - (Redfor brother of Lance)

And this is why weapons like the Lance shouldn't have ever been added.

Keinutnai wrote:BVP M-80 (IFV with twin ATGM launchers) - can it fire 2 ATGM at once please?

I find it hard to imagine they actually fired two at once; they'd have to both be against the same target, which would be rather wasteful. Seems more like it reduces reload time for the second shot.

Keinutnai wrote:Give them 5 point trucks pls!

It'll be only one card...
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Wed 21 Sep 2016 19:50

Xeno426 wrote:
nuke92 wrote:Found a pdf of the manufacturer, it really has one :)

I don't think you want 250 kg bombs. Unless there's a load of them, they do jack-all.

Keinutnai wrote:Non-radar NEVA aka "Sorry we didn't know it was invisible"

And how will it track? The laser/infrared version didn't come out until the early 2000s.

Small correction, the particular update was done on Nevas in 1987, and even offered for export. It was called Neva M1T. Besides, even ordinary Neva M1As have electro-optical tracking, and we had them since 1981.

We started reworking Kub-Ms in early 2000s.
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

nuke92
Lieutenant

Postby nuke92 » Wed 21 Sep 2016 20:08

Here's the text I've found a while ago:
Половином осамдесетих година прошлог века је урађено идејно решење даље модернизације која би се извршила уградњом термовизијског система и ласерског даљиномера. 1987. године је у ВЗ „Космос“ на једној СтВР (станица за вођење ракета) уместо телевизијског система уграђен термовизијски систем. Испитивања су показала да је термо камера која је коришћена веома корисна и да обезбеђује праћење циља до даљине од 40 км, што је сасвим довољно, с обзиром да је максимални коси домет система 25 км. То је касније и понуђено Либији и Египту. Иначе коришћене су камере фирми Маркони и Филипс.

jeez...
Last edited by nuke92 on Wed 21 Sep 2016 20:14, edited 3 times in total.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Wed 21 Sep 2016 20:12

nuke92 wrote:Here's the text I've found a while ago:

Good find! Empty space is a premium in NYC!
Courtesy of KattiValk

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Wed 21 Sep 2016 20:30

nuke92 wrote:Here's the text I've found a while ago
Половином осамдесетих година прошлог века је урађено идејно решење даље модернизације која би се извршила уградњом термовизијског система и ласерског даљиномера. 1987. године је у ВЗ „Космос“ на једној СтВР (станица за вођење ракета) уместо телевизијског система уграђен термовизијски систем. Испитивања су показала да је термо камера која је коришћена веома корисна и да обезбеђује праћење циља до даљине од 40 км, што је сасвим довољно, с обзиром да је максимални коси домет система 25 км. То је касније и понуђено Либији и Египту. Иначе коришћене су камере фирми Маркони и Филипс.

jeez...

Here's a translation
Spoiler : :
During the mid 80s of the last century, a new direction in modernising was started, by installing thermovision and laser rangefinder. In 1987, VZ Kosmos (note: main maintenance, upgrade and RD facility regarding matters of AA rocketry in Yugoslavia) replaced the electrooptical guidance system with thermal guidance system. Testings showed that the thermal camera in question is very useful, and allows target tracking in excess of 40 km, which is considered more than enough, given that the maximum slanted range of the system is 25 km. The solution was later offered to Libya and Egypt. The cameras used were made by Marconi and Phillips.
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”