Re: Yugoslavia in Red Dragon

Postby Razzmann » Sun 27 Nov 2016 00:27

Guggy wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36odfqA-Xqw

Tiera
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Tiera » Sun 27 Nov 2016 00:30

trotskygrad wrote:tell us the story about the pig in the trunk

Have I told you the time we caught some bozos who had two bottles worth of γ-Hydroxybutyric acid and tickets to Prodigy's upcoming gig in Skopje to boot?

nuke92
Lieutenant

Postby nuke92 » Sun 27 Nov 2016 00:31

nuke92 wrote:Honestly I found the last days quite funny :)
The PatRiot of 2014 sounds pretty epic...
Spoiler : :

joking :lol:
"Spike MR is more accurate I'll give you that but Konkurs has more range and isn't prototype" - Warchat™ July 2017
"ALB added planes, RD added ships, WG4 will add Ekranoplans" - Warchat™ August 2017

Ribar
Warrant Officer

Postby Ribar » Sun 27 Nov 2016 00:32

Spoiler : :

This is Yugoslavia in Red Dragon thread, so would you guys just... Well, I don't know... Just keep conversation polite and constructive, if you want to discuss the balance/realism/historical accuracy of certain units there are already other topics and threads open or you can even create your own, it's very simple. But please don't derail this one.

Thank you,

Have a good evening everybody.
Image :mrgreen:

delfo
Major-General

Postby delfo » Sun 27 Nov 2016 00:39

steppewolf wrote:Cmon guys, stop this. It's not funny nor constructive.

It was neither funny nor constructive when the first remark I got was that I was being nationalist for saying a minor can't have better kit than a world power especially in the Balkans.

Wasn't really constructive when I said I'd never want Bulgaria to have stats on units that were only prospective future upgrades and got asked 20 times but what are those units systems.

Wasn't all that great when people asked why am I bringing up a 1750 meter rifle with a 95% accuracy.

Didn't feel even remotely normal for me to see someone throw an entire conflict based on corruption on ethnicity on "The US trained" KLA when everyone knows who was selling those guns because I know what the next step is. What the next argument in that story is.

And I am not quite fine with someone painting the KLA as anything but a third rate racketeering mob that got used as a doormat every time it met more than 20 Serb Patrol officers. Or that their banditry was really representative of the opinions of let's say the faculty staff at Pristina university. Because this justifies other things against a million people and change who got the short end of the stick either way.

It wasn't constructive because there's no adherence to the stats the game applies to make it playable. There was no obvious attempt to give ground or take into account what can and can't happen and what the metrics of the game are and how you have to re-balance things or what are the grounds for claiming a prototype can make it in game. I mean they snuck a thermobaric unit into the game with that dual rocket pod vehicle. It acts like that at 25 points.

Instead I got called nationalist on post one for saying this is nonsense because I mentioned I'm Bulgarian and I wouldn't want to see my nation's army overmodeled like this with crazy stuff. And then stuff went up from there.

But was it just me ? No. I happen to get the most brown bits on me face because of my lack of interpersonal skills. My future ex wife will probably list that in the divorce papers. But yes I did interject in that bit of the KLA on the road. Because I know what follows. And I know it's not against the KLA.

And BTW I don't want to get under his skin. I'm just a terrible person at communicating at times. But this DLC is breaking the game and the defence when asked to look at the other units as benchmarks was from day 1 for me "Well you're nationalist". It's asking for unreal things, things that never were in the game, it's going for stats that are impossible and it's bending all the rules of the prototypes to push units. Finally I read that bit about the KLA, I spent 5 years of my life when I was surrounded by Serbs, Macedonians and Albanians both from Kosovo and Albania and Greeks. I know where that line goes. I know where it goes full well. Dear lord I know, and I know I am one of the people who can't stop poking an ant hill even if I was told but I know that bloody anthill. This isn't driven by game mechanics and realism adjusted to make a playable nation in the game.
Last edited by delfo on Sun 27 Nov 2016 00:47, edited 1 time in total.

delfo
Major-General

Postby delfo » Sun 27 Nov 2016 00:41

Tiera wrote:

Have I told you the time we caught some bozos who had two bottles worth of γ-Hydroxybutyric acid and tickets to Prodigy's upcoming gig in Skopje to boot?

Ever looked at trucks caring Johny Walker whiskey that had spotless paperwork. Or what you'd find behind the first line of crates? That was around the time of the cheap bananas craze in Bulgaria because of a few ships that carried bananas among other things.

codextero
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby codextero » Sun 27 Nov 2016 00:41

Guggy wrote:The F117 icon is fine. If that seriously triggers you, you've got something wrong or you're really really stretching.

I even included a /s...

sarcasm on the internet...

Tiera
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Tiera » Sun 27 Nov 2016 00:46

delfo wrote:
Tiera wrote:

Ever looked at trucks caring Johny Walker whiskey that had spotless paperwork. Or what you'd find behind the first line of crates? That was around the time of the cheap bananas craze in Bulgaria because of a few ships that carried bananas among other things.

We knew that Turkish mafia shipped heroin and other narcotics to Bulgarians, who sold it forward to Albanians and Serbians - Kosovo was mostly a transfer area in this regard. The cooperation between the criminal organizations and local law enforcement was admirable - these guys kept business and mutual ethnic hatreds strictly separated.

Not that NATO seemed to care that much about narcotrafficing as it wasn't officially a thread to FOM and SASE goals per se. Even the K-Albanian-run sex slave and organ trade was something that was allowed to go on, as key witnesses who were stupid enough to run against the future president of Kosovo ended up dying in violent and unexpected ways.

steppewolf
Second-Lieutenant

Postby steppewolf » Sun 27 Nov 2016 00:48

delfo wrote:It was neither funny nor constructive when the first remark I got was that I was being nationalist for saying a minor can't have better kit than a world power especially in the Balkans.

it's a game, many nations are overmodelled; do you prefer human wave assaults ?

delfo wrote:Wasn't really constructive when I said I'd never want Bulgaria to have stats on units that were only prospective future upgrades and got asked 20 times but what are those units systems.

Told you few times let's work on Bulgaria and present something . I get you're busy at work (me too) but still.

delfo wrote:Wasn't all that great when people asked why am I bringing up a 1750 meter rifle with a 95% accuracy.

I can agree with this, seems op, but we have to have something against Maglan which was a mistake ..

delfo wrote:Didn't feel even remotely normal for me to see someone throw an entire conflict based on corruption on ethnicity on "The US trained" KLA when everyone knows who was selling those guns because I know what the next step is. What the next argument in that story is.

And I am not quite fine with someone painting the KLA as anything but a third rate racketeering mob that got used as a doormat every time it met more than 20 Serb Patrol officers. Or that their banditry was really representative of the opinions of let's say the faculty staff at Pristina university. Because this justifies other things against a million people and change who got the short end of the stick either way.

It wasn't constructive because there's no adherence to the stats the game applies to make it playable. There was no obvious attempt to give ground or take into account what can and can't happen and what the metrics of the game are and how you have to re-balance things or what are the grounds for claiming a prototype can make it in game. I mean they snuck a thermobaric unit into the game with that dual rocket pod vehicle. It acts like that at 25 points.

Instead I got called nationalist on post one for saying this is nonsense because I mentioned I'm Bulgarian and I wouldn't want to see my nation's army overmodeled like this with crazy stuff. And then stuff went up from there.

But was it just me ? No. I happen to get the most brown bits on me face because of my lack of interpersonal skills. My future ex wife will probably list that in the divorce papers. But yes I did interject in that bit of the KLA on the road. Because I know what follows. And I know it's not against the KLA.

I am so glad Romania is not in the Balkans and this being said let's talk about game and just cut down nationalist thing, in the end we're all red, ethnicity don't matter much, right? ;)

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby orcbuster » Sun 27 Nov 2016 00:50

READING THIS THREAD IT SEEMS BOTH SIDES CONTRIBUTED TO THIS THREAD GOING TO HELL. THEREFORE:

SPECIFIC ISSUES REGARDING YUGO UNITS IS NOT PROHIBITED SO FEEL FREE TO CREATE THREADS ABOUT IT BUT THE YUGO THREAD IS DEAD FOR THE TIME BEING AS IS DISCUSSION CIVIL WAR RELATED MATTERS UNTIL THE NATIONALISTIC/ETHNIC IDIOCY DIES DOWN.
Viker for ingen!

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”