R-60 for Mi-24V(/K?)

ShanRevan
Second-Lieutenant

Re: R-60 for Mi-24V(/K?)

Postby ShanRevan » Thu 8 May 2014 16:31

Although to be fair, the AIM-9M on the supercobra recently got its range buffed from 1750 (which is hilariously short range) upto 2800m, undoing the artificial anti-helo range nerf applied to planes so we can probably expect something similar here. It also kept the 3500m range against planes. However with the faily low accuracy and damage, so long as it didn't carry a stupid amount it should be fairly reasonable (I doubt it could carry more than 4 which would be pretty fair IMO anyway).

Seer7
Warrant Officer

Postby Seer7 » Thu 8 May 2014 16:42

Arglabarg wrote:Hind is not impervious to small arms fire, don't be silly. It's resistant to small arms fire but there's only so much you can do to armor an inherently fragile platform like a helicopter even if it's a Hind aka Flying IFV.

Fair enough, but it's still irritating to see armoured helos get smacked about by non-AA infantry they happen to fly over - and that's not just limited to the Hind. Similar issues with tanks, but anyway, that's a whole 'nother thread.

raventhefuhrer
Colonel

Postby raventhefuhrer » Thu 8 May 2014 16:44

+1 in support. USSR really needs something like this, because the Akula is underperforming and unaffordable.

Thanks for doing the leg work and finding references Vasily.
My YouTube Channel is Raven Wargaming. Message me to request videos on certain topics.

Seer7
Warrant Officer

Postby Seer7 » Thu 8 May 2014 16:46

ShanRevan wrote:Although to be fair, the AIM-9M on the supercobra recently got its range buffed from 1750 (which is hilariously short range) upto 2800m, undoing the artificial anti-helo range nerf applied to planes so we can probably expect something similar here. It also kept the 3500m range against planes. However with the faily low accuracy and damage, so long as it didn't carry a stupid amount it should be fairly reasonable (I doubt it could carry more than 4 which would be pretty fair IMO anyway).

Wasn't 1750 it was 2450 (I use them in my US deck). That range against planes was always a hilarious advantage for the price.

raventhefuhrer wrote:Thanks for doing the leg work and finding references Vasily.

Not to discount Vasily but most of the legwork was done by icehawk, Xeno and another.

raventhefuhrer
Colonel

Postby raventhefuhrer » Thu 8 May 2014 16:49

Well thanks to them too, it's just I see a note with Vasily's name on it in a picture in the OP.
My YouTube Channel is Raven Wargaming. Message me to request videos on certain topics.

Vasily Krysov
Colonel

Postby Vasily Krysov » Thu 8 May 2014 16:52

Seer7 wrote:
raventhefuhrer wrote:Thanks for doing the leg work and finding references Vasily.

Not to discount Vasily but most of the legwork was done by icehawk, Xeno and another.

Actually, I found most of it independently except for the picture from another thread. But I do acknowledge that I'm repeating what has been said before and with even more references :)

Seer7 wrote:Wasn't 1750 it was 2450 (I use them in my US deck). That range against planes was always a hilarious advantage for the price.

He's probably thinking of the first bugged implementation of it.

Seer7
Warrant Officer

Postby Seer7 » Thu 8 May 2014 16:59

Vasily Krysov wrote:Actually, I found most of it independently except for the picture from another thread. But I do acknowledge that I'm repeating what has been said before and with even more references :)

If you say so. Props for actually having a paper copy of the book posted here though.

Vasily Krysov
Colonel

Postby Vasily Krysov » Thu 8 May 2014 17:01

Seer7 wrote:
Vasily Krysov wrote:Actually, I found most of it independently except for the picture from another thread. But I do acknowledge that I'm repeating what has been said before and with even more references :)

If you say so. Props for actually having a paper copy of the book posted here though.

I did see that thread before, but I didn't go dig it up and just copy paste it and put my name on it. If there are similarity's, I would assume it's due to the limited info sources and similar research methods (google). They honestly did a better job than me I might add by having more sources.

Seer7
Warrant Officer

Postby Seer7 » Thu 8 May 2014 17:06

Vasily Krysov wrote:
Seer7 wrote:

I did see that thread before, but I didn't go dig it up and just copy paste it and put my name on it. If there are similarity's, I would assume it's due to the limited info sources and similar research methods (google). They honestly did a better job than me I might add by having more sources.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. ;) That's not the point of this thread anyway. I hope Eugen listen to the proposal considering it's authentic and closes a gap, quite possibly the last, in the Soviet's roster. Is there any chance of the E-Germans getting something similar, considering their border guarding role? Or is that NSWP DLC can't comment business?

Vasily Krysov
Colonel

Postby Vasily Krysov » Thu 8 May 2014 17:13

Seer7 wrote:I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. ;) That's not the point of this thread anyway. I hope Eugen listen to the proposal considering it's authentic and closes a gap, quite possibly the last, in the Soviet's roster. Is there any chance of the E-Germans getting something similar, considering their border guarding role? Or is that NSWP DLC can't comment business?

I can neither confirm nor deny ;)

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”