Things Your Teammates Do InGame That Drives You Nuts

Free Syria
Corporal
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu 8 May 2014 00:22
Contact:

Things Your Teammates Do InGame That Drives You Nuts

Postby Free Syria » Thu 8 May 2014 21:44

in an effort to help new people, clueless people, misguided vets, or just the community in general- what are the things that your teammates do ingame that upsets you the most? i've made mistakes too so in an effort that i dont repeat them or havent seen them i'd like some input.

i've got several:

*naked tanks (no aa)
*aa that just sits there
*no air cover
*no aa
*arty that doesnt move after it fires its rounds and just sits there waiting for a counter arty
*wait in the lobby for a five minutes and once the round is finished loading i start deploying 3 teammates surrender and quit
*afk
*no concept of what your team needs (ie. if there are 7 aa units deployed, another 3 aa units you just deployed is pointless
*12 inf units unloaded and their carriers sitting way behind the front lines waiting for something to happen where the could have been useful at the front

anyone else with things that your teammates do that piss you off?

duro909
Lieutenant
Posts: 1062
Joined: Sat 19 Jan 2013 22:16
Contact:

Re: Things Your Teammates Do InGame That Drives You Nuts

Postby duro909 » Thu 8 May 2014 22:17

Free Syria wrote:in an effort to help new people, clueless people, misguided vets, or just the community in general- what are the things that your teammates do ingame that upsets you the most? i've made mistakes too so in an effort that i dont repeat them or havent seen them i'd like some input.

i've got several:

*naked tanks (no aa)
*aa that just sits there
*no air cover
*no aa
*arty that doesnt move after it fires its rounds and just sits there waiting for a counter arty
*wait in the lobby for a five minutes and once the round is finished loading i start deploying 3 teammates surrender and quit
*afk
*no concept of what your team needs (ie. if there are 7 aa units deployed, another 3 aa units you just deployed is pointless
*12 inf units unloaded and their carriers sitting way behind the front lines waiting for something to happen where the could have been useful at the front

anyone else with things that your teammates do that piss you off?


Buying 2-4 pieces of MLRS at start and when game starts, shooting incorected salvos into enemy base
Using MLRS in very idiotic way and draining my and others teammates FOB
Image
... and Malware-free banner too!

Mumbles
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 719
Joined: Sun 2 Feb 2014 12:38
Contact:

Re: Things Your Teammates Do InGame That Drives You Nuts

Postby Mumbles » Thu 8 May 2014 22:20

My only pet peeve is when people just straight up don't do things. If you have cash left to spend you're doing something wrong.

User avatar
Masky
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue 5 Nov 2013 02:23
Location: Club 128
Contact:

Re: Things Your Teammates Do InGame That Drives You Nuts

Postby Masky » Thu 8 May 2014 22:22

Spawn ridiculous unit combinations at match start, had a dude who by all rights shouldn't have been a noob (Decent number of games play with a 80%+ winrate) and he spawns 3 CVs, doesn't communicate and quits as soon as the match starts and harassed us via PMs -sigh- Internet tough guys.

Non communicating teammates, those who quit a match ( I really don't care if we're going to lose at least split the micro and let us make a fighting retreat.) and those who feed when they are fully capable and ought to recognize that they are being ineffective.

admiral9
Lieutenant
Posts: 1035
Joined: Wed 22 May 2013 18:48
Contact:

Re: Things Your Teammates Do InGame That Drives You Nuts

Postby admiral9 » Thu 8 May 2014 22:25

Mumbles wrote:My only pet peeve is when people just straight up don't do things. If you have cash left to spend you're doing something wrong.


Completely dont agree, i often bank up points in wargame for when i need to organise a proper attack force.
Image
daywalkerzyx wrote:Elite inf really aren't a problem.

Zer0
Master Sergeant
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu 6 Feb 2014 00:35
Contact:

Re: Things Your Teammates Do InGame That Drives You Nuts

Postby Zer0 » Thu 8 May 2014 22:26

Charging towns with slow transports and no smoke cover, and trying to land heliborne troops in the middle of a town to take it.

User avatar
Sunshine
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 2428
Joined: Mon 12 Mar 2012 15:51
Contact:

Re: Things Your Teammates Do InGame That Drives You Nuts

Postby Sunshine » Thu 8 May 2014 22:57

admiral9 wrote:
Mumbles wrote:My only pet peeve is when people just straight up don't do things. If you have cash left to spend you're doing something wrong.


Completely dont agree, i often bank up points in wargame for when i need to organise a proper attack force.

Same here.
Why spend money on things you don't need at the moment?
When the sectors are secured, the recon screen is up and the back up at the ready, save up for a mighty attack force and end the game.
Image
Sponsored by italic & German superiority.

User avatar
Masky
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue 5 Nov 2013 02:23
Location: Club 128
Contact:

Re: Things Your Teammates Do InGame That Drives You Nuts

Postby Masky » Thu 8 May 2014 23:15

Zer0 wrote: trying to land heliborne troops in the middle of a town to take it.

I will admit to having done this when enemy troops are already engaged in CQC with my own or an allies, also the suppressive value of Mi-8MTV's 122mm rocket pods can stun units long enough to allow others to drop in on top as well and the armor keeps them a bit survivable.

Overall it's very difficult to pull off well and without large losses and the only upside is that it makes you feel like you're in a movie.

User avatar
Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 10646
Joined: Sat 24 Mar 2012 18:08
Contact:

Re: Things Your Teammates Do InGame That Drives You Nuts

Postby Mitchverr » Thu 8 May 2014 23:18

Parking all their arty on my fob then get upset when i turn it off.
Image

User avatar
Excroat3
Captain
Posts: 1605
Joined: Tue 17 Dec 2013 00:28
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Things Your Teammates Do InGame That Drives You Nuts

Postby Excroat3 » Thu 8 May 2014 23:23

having a OT-62 literally 2 feet away from enemy MANPADS that killed my akula (in a low point match) and refusing to move it to kill them.

More seriously, I hate it when people stay in a match just to leave 1 second before launch and I hate people who ignore chat (and beacons, for that matter)
Image

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests