Longbows

RangerPL
Major

Re: Longbows

Postby RangerPL » Mon 12 May 2014 10:16

NATO Potato wrote:in theory, fire and forget missiles should have 100 percent accuracy that is only affected by countermeasure systems. but that would be terrible for balance

Uh no, there are tons of ways for a F&F missile to get faked out without the use of countermeasures. It wouldn't be easy, but nothing is 100% accurate.

guguku
Warrant Officer

Postby guguku » Mon 12 May 2014 17:17

Brutoni wrote:Can't believe I haven't picked this up. This is easily the most important thing I have viewed on forums for me personally in a long time.

making an order queue works with all orders
also with unloading etc

HOW DID U MISS THAT?????

Bullfrog
General

Postby Bullfrog » Mon 12 May 2014 17:31

Mikeboy wrote:It just needs a bit longer reload time on its Hellfires so it doesn't waste half of them.

The fact that it waste missiles, is the reason why I use it. It's only annoying if your enemy is using cheep tanks... if you're fighting high end tanks, having multiple missiles out as once is a good thing.

And it has the missiles to 'waste'

Typically I find my self using the AH-60DEP or Ah-64A for low/mid tier tanks.
Does not affiliate with members who post in #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

shomu1
Major-General

Postby shomu1 » Mon 12 May 2014 19:02

Bryan wrote:Yeah, not a Longbow UP thread. You haven't seen everything.

So, I just used the Longbow, and it massacred alot of enemy tanks and even Strela-10Ms which I vehemently hate.

Keeping my beloved Apaches alive is tough in a PONGAE-3, Igla and Strela-10 filled environment......

ah, okay. Yeah, it's tough to keep helos up with the sheer number of AA systems around now. I'm glad you had good results. You need micro in order to do well, or else those filthy Strelas will ruin you.

IT IS FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Mot
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Mot » Mon 12 May 2014 19:57

The high rof and high accuracy is what makes this helicopter amazing, WHAT IN HELL are you people talking about?

I honestly feel like saying "l2p" in this thread, if you are using your Longbow to pick APC's and Light Tanks you are doing it wrong, Longbow is a medium/heavy tank killer, a very very good medium/heavy tank killer. NOT, and I repeat, NOT a light vehicle/tank killer, that's why you have a panoply of atgm and rocket helicopters in the US deck, Cobras, Hogs, Apache, MH60...

Longbow is perfect like it is.
"I suck at Wargame" or "I have to wait 30 minutes to pubstomp people" are not solid arguments to criticize the game... just saying.

guguku
Warrant Officer

Postby guguku » Sun 18 May 2014 17:05

Mot wrote:The high rof and high accuracy is what makes this helicopter amazing, WHAT IN HELL are you people talking about?

I honestly feel like saying "l2p" in this thread, if you are using your Longbow to pick APC's and Light Tanks you are doing it wrong, Longbow is a medium/heavy tank killer, a very very good medium/heavy tank killer. NOT, and I repeat, NOT a light vehicle/tank killer, that's why you have a panoply of atgm and rocket helicopters in the US deck, Cobras, Hogs, Apache, MH60...

i agree

Brutoni
Colonel

Postby Brutoni » Sun 18 May 2014 17:53

guguku wrote:
Mot wrote:The high rof and high accuracy is what makes this helicopter amazing, WHAT IN HELL are you people talking about?

i agree

Me 3 :). It can easily ruin 500+ points of heavy tanks.

guguku wrote:
Brutoni wrote:Can't believe I haven't picked this up. This is easily the most important thing I have viewed on forums for me personally in a long time.

making an order queue works with all orders
also with unloading etc

HOW DID U MISS THAT?????

Donno, I queue orders for everything else. Brain fart moment apparently lol
ImageImage

TheMarraMan
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby TheMarraMan » Mon 19 May 2014 01:53

The funny thing is that it misses its first what? Four-five missiles and its stats have 70% accuracy if I'm correct. Either make it actually hit its targets for its price, or lower the price because it clearly isn't as good as its stats say it is.

Brutoni
Colonel

Postby Brutoni » Mon 19 May 2014 01:55

TheMarraMan wrote:The funny thing is that it misses its first what? Four-five missiles and its stats have 70% accuracy if I'm correct.

Troll?

Mine rarely misses even the 1st shoot.

Random Number Generator must hate you :lol:
ImageImage

TheMarraMan
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby TheMarraMan » Mon 19 May 2014 01:57

Brutoni wrote:
TheMarraMan wrote:The funny thing is that it misses its first what? Four-five missiles and its stats have 70% accuracy if I'm correct.

Troll?

Mine rarely misses even the 1st shoot.

Random Number Generator must hate you :lol:

Haha no trolling. I've only used the longbow a hand full of times, and when used. It just fires away and misses the first three shots, that's all I've seen. Maybe I was a little to hard saying first four-five. hahah But really, just what I'VE seen it doesn't seem to be as accurate as it says.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”