Longbows

yacoub
Warrant Officer

Re: Longbows

Postby yacoub » Mon 19 May 2014 01:58

Mikeboy wrote:It just needs a bit longer reload time on its Hellfires so it doesn't waste half of them.

Correct. Or they need to be set as SALC or whichever designation the missiles on the normal Apache are set to.

HoveringKiller
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby HoveringKiller » Mon 19 May 2014 02:26

yacoub wrote:
Mikeboy wrote:It just needs a bit longer reload time on its Hellfires so it doesn't waste half of them.

Correct. Or they need to be set as SALC or whichever designation the missiles on the normal Apache are set to.

That would just make it waaaaay to redundant and pointless. If it shoots 2 or 3 at a tank, it is your job to make sure that it is worth is. I had it unload 3 into the face of a T-80U and killed it before it could react. That is it's purpose.

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Mon 19 May 2014 02:37

yacoub wrote:

The entire point of the AH-64D is F&F Hellfires.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

shomu1
Major-General

Postby shomu1 » Mon 19 May 2014 03:21

Killertomato wrote:
yacoub wrote:

The entire point of the AH-64D is F&F Hellfires.

^This.

It misses the first one or two. And then proceeds to evaporate the rest of the column. Well, assuming it doesn't get ganked by a 60 point MiG that comes out of nowhere...

IT IS FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Mot
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Mot » Mon 19 May 2014 05:09

You have more helicopters with Hellfires in a US deck than you know what to do with them. If you don't want a Helicopter that fires their Hellfires like the Longbow, try one of the other options...
OR, learn to micro the Longbow
OR, don't employ it against one-hit-kill targets.

Simple... now please, stop asking for nonsensical changes to a unit that is just perfect the way it is.
"I suck at Wargame" or "I have to wait 30 minutes to pubstomp people" are not solid arguments to criticize the game... just saying.

JBravo
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby JBravo » Mon 19 May 2014 05:36

One thing I've noticed though, has anyone else noticed that it's more difficult to micro the weapons on and off (using the picture of the weapon) since the patch that added a hotkey to turn all weapons on and off?

shomu1
Major-General

Postby shomu1 » Mon 19 May 2014 05:40

I've noticed it. It turns off and then back on before finally staying off.

I've noticed it with ATACMS. May just try using the turn off weapons hotkey.

Bryan
General

Postby Bryan » Mon 19 May 2014 05:56

shomu1 wrote:I've noticed it. It turns off and then back on before finally staying off.

I've noticed it with ATACMS. May just try using the turn off weapons hotkey.

Theres a half second delay for hotkey.

shomu1
Major-General

Postby shomu1 » Mon 19 May 2014 06:01

Hmm. I see. That may explain it.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”