SMAW team way OP

VladK02
Sergeant Major

SMAW team way OP

Postby VladK02 » Sun 11 May 2014 17:45

3-squad SMAW team killed 4x motostrelki, 3x spetznaz, 2x bmpt, and 4x bmp-D attacking them in a city block, all at once, in less then 1 minute.

Anyone care to explain how this is not ridiculously OP?

I am also looking forward to people telling me that entire infantry squads SHOULD be killed all in one hit by an anti-tank weapon SMAWs have, because 'realism'.

After shite like this, dont blame me for buying 4x burratino and spraying the city with fire.

Zer0
Master Sergeant

Re: SMAW team way OP

Postby Zer0 » Sun 11 May 2014 17:48

Did you watch the replay and made sure there's no predators invisible infantry in the town?

Lord Helmchen
Major-General

Postby Lord Helmchen » Sun 11 May 2014 17:51

VladK02 wrote:3-squad SMAW team killed 4x motostrelki, 3x spetznaz, 2x bmpt, and 4x bmp-D attacking them in a city block, all at once, in less then 1 minute.

I am also looking forward to people telling me that entire infantry squads SHOULD be killed all in one hit by an anti-tank weapon SMAWs have, because 'realism'.

After shite like this, dont blame me for buying 4x burratino and spraying the city with fire.

This cannot be true as SMAW and generally FIST teams have a minimum range of 350m someone said. So they simply CANNOT attack those units and kill them with their SMAW launcher and I do not think they did with their assault rifle.

SKLKNKR
Brigadier

Postby SKLKNKR » Sun 11 May 2014 18:01

VladK02 wrote:I am also looking forward to people telling me that entire infantry squads SHOULD be killed all in one hit by an anti-tank weapon SMAWs have, because 'realism'.

SMAW's have two rounds, as most FIST weapons do. HEDP round that can engage light armor, buildings and infantry, and the HEAA, an anti-armor round. FIST squads were designed with having these two ammo types in mind, and thus have both HE and AP weapon values. They are not, under any circumstances, engaging and defeating infantry with anti-armor rounds.
Spoiler : :
ImageImageImageImage

Thanks to F-22 for the avatar and Iris for the signature

VladK02
Sergeant Major

Postby VladK02 » Sun 11 May 2014 18:05

Yes I checked replay.

One 3-squad SMAW team teleporting around the town blocks.

Order of battle.

Spetznax dismount, attack SMAW house block on foot - running to the house to get in range o the RPO.

3x spetznaz get killed off in 2 volleys while attempting to storm the block - they dont even get inside.

2 flanking bmpts get insta-fragged.

4x moto drive up in bmp-d, dismount inside the smaw city-block, smaw teleports away, 40 motos turn into 8 motos after a volley from smaw.

game over.
Last edited by VladK02 on Sun 11 May 2014 18:07, edited 1 time in total.

Zer0
Master Sergeant

Postby Zer0 » Sun 11 May 2014 18:07

VladK02 wrote:Yes I checked replay.

One 3-squad SMAW team teleporting around the town blocks.

Order of battle.

Spetznax dismount, attack SMAW house block on foot - running to the house.

3x spetznaz get killed off in 2 volleys while attempting to storm the block - they dont even get inside.

2 flanking bmpts get insta-fragged.

4x moto drive up in bmp-d, dismount inside the smaw city-block, smaw teleports away, 40 motos turn into 8 motos after a volley from smaw.

game over.

It is best if you post the replay so everyone can see what happened and devs can adjust the balance.

VladK02
Sergeant Major

Postby VladK02 » Sun 11 May 2014 18:16

Zer0 wrote:
It is best if you post the replay so everyone can see what happened and devs can adjust the balance.

I think its easier to simply use a support deck with 4x burratinos and throw any semblance of interesting gameplay out of the window. The real problem is in teleportation mechanics that lets SMAWs and invisible infantry to port around escaping retribution - and THAT will not be changed.

To add insult to injury, after that shite with SMAW above, i sprayed them with burratino, and they got away by teleportation.

orgo
Master Sergeant

Postby orgo » Sun 11 May 2014 18:22

In the most recent patch, FIST teams seem to have been ninja nerfed by being given a minimum range of 350 meters. FIST squads now have such a small range window that they can use their launcher that they are almost worthless. They cannot shoot their rocket in forests, or when they are in adjacent blocks to the enemy. OP needs to post a replay before crying for a nerf.

VladK02
Sergeant Major

Postby VladK02 » Sun 11 May 2014 18:25

orgo wrote:In the most recent patch, FIST teams seem to have been ninja nerfed by being given a minimum range of 350 meters. FIST squads now have such a small range window that they can use their launcher that they are almost worthless. They cannot shoot their rocket in forests, or when they are in adjacent blocks to the enemy. OP needs to post a replay before crying for a nerf.

Range nerf they may have, but when they teleport 500-600m away to an adjacent block in a second, its meaningless.

duro909
Lieutenant

Postby duro909 » Sun 11 May 2014 18:30

VladK02 wrote:3-squad SMAW team killed 4x motostrelki, 3x spetznaz, 2x bmpt, and 4x bmp-D attacking them in a city block, all at once, in less then 1 minute.

After like this, dont blame me for buying 4x burratino and spraying the city with fire.

Please, post a replay
... and Malware-free banner too!

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”