BLUFOR/REDFOR win ratio ...

Gneckes
Warrant Officer

Re: BLUFOR/REDFOR win ratio ...

Postby Gneckes » Tue 20 May 2014 13:30

It's not, but then making a post like this makes a rather bad impression.

Gopblin wrote:
Alcorr wrote:Although I did notice an interesting coincidence. It was a stickied thread until the last few pages became mostly posts in favor of balancing around competitive play (where it obviously is in blufors advantage) then it suddenly was unstickied and fell back to the second page.

It mostly fell to the second page because I am currently more interested in the Ukrainian conflict and don't feel like explaining why a successful game has to be balanced at all levels of play or, failing that, at least at the pub level (see the example of RO2 failure, where a lot of maps were unbalanced without very well-organized teams).

Best wishes,
Daniel

What does Ukraine have to do with this thread getting burried? There's other people posting, too.

As for your other point, go read what Random said on that a few posts earlier.
Common sense shall thus be referred to as rare sense.

MENTORImage

KittyKitsune
Captain

Postby KittyKitsune » Tue 20 May 2014 15:23

Misfit wrote:
Gneckes wrote:Indeed. Thanks for the Explanation Random, makes a lot of sense.
Misfit wrote:I figured life is too short for that.

Then don't make condescending posts?

I did not know that its a requirement to read the following responses to be able to quote the opening post. :roll:

"That sure showed them" and then ignoring 30 pages of reasons why this isn't the case is just stupid trolling...
SUFNEP - Superior Unit For No Extra Points
WUWME - Worse Unit While More Expensive

Alcorr
Master Sergeant

Postby Alcorr » Tue 20 May 2014 18:00

Gneckes wrote:It's not, but then making a post like this makes a rather bad impression.

Gopblin wrote:
Alcorr wrote:Although I did notice an interesting coincidence. It was a stickied thread until the last few pages became mostly posts in favor of balancing around competitive play (where it obviously is in blufors advantage) then it suddenly was unstickied and fell back to the second page.

It mostly fell to the second page because I am currently more interested in the Ukrainian conflict and don't feel like explaining why a successful game has to be balanced at all levels of play or, failing that, at least at the pub level (see the example of RO2 failure, where a lot of maps were unbalanced without very well-organized teams).

Best wishes,
Daniel

What does Ukraine have to do with this thread getting burried? There's other people posting, too.

As for your other point, go read what Random said on that a few posts earlier.

This.

"That sure showed them" and then ignoring 30 pages of reasons why this isn't the case is just stupid trolling...

Precisely. Simply reading the first post and then coming to a conclusion and implying the rest of the entire thread is irrelevant is ridiculous. You didn't just quote the OP...

Misfit
Captain

Postby Misfit » Tue 20 May 2014 18:21

KittyKitsune wrote:"That sure showed them" and then ignoring 30 pages of reasons why this isn't the case is just stupid trolling...

Without reading the 30+ pages i guess its about how the stats dont display the terrible underpowerness of Redfor in competitive games. How do i come to that conclusion? You are posting here and i am following the forum for quite a while now. 8-)

Edit: @ Alcorr if you feel offended by my post you can simply ignore me, i dont feel like makeing you personaly happy.
Perlen vor die Säue.

Gneckes
Warrant Officer

Postby Gneckes » Tue 20 May 2014 18:40

How do i come to that conclusion? You are posti[*]ng here and i am following the forum for quite a while now. 8-)

Because us posting here and in other threads for pages and pages clearly means we have no point. /sarcasm
Common sense shall thus be referred to as rare sense.

MENTORImage

elitesix
Corporal

Postby elitesix » Tue 20 May 2014 18:42

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

A lot of game studios struggle with game balance issues, and for whatever reason a lot of game studios don't like to look to Blizzard for leadership in the areas of RTS or MMORPG. (Who would want something like Starcraft I, II, or World of Warcraft, right?)

If Eugen is indeed ignoring or not prioritizing ranked balanced, it'll be in good company with many other studios out there. Some games just aren't meant for anything more than casual fun, and there's nothing wrong with that (for an extreme example, see app games). Casual games definitely still make money, though they usually don't have the longevity of deeper titles. There is nothing wrong with this approach. It's just an approach that doesn't mesh with my desire to play a game which is deep and balanced at the highest levels of play.

It is what it is.

Misfit
Captain

Postby Misfit » Tue 20 May 2014 18:48

Gneckes wrote:
How do i come to that conclusion? You are posti[*]ng here and i am following the forum for quite a while now. 8-)

Because us posting here and in other threads for pages and pages clearly means we have no point. /sarcasm

Im just responsible for what i write, not for what you understand. Dont try to put words into my mouth, thank you very much.
Perlen vor die Säue.

Mako
General

Postby Mako » Tue 20 May 2014 18:52

Well, when all we have is what you've written... we don't even need to put words in your mouth.
If there's two kinds of players, those that like challenges and those that want a fair game, pubstomps should make everyone happy.

Misfit
Captain

Postby Misfit » Tue 20 May 2014 20:39

Mako wrote:Well, when all we have is what you've written... we don't even need to put words in your mouth.

I never wrote "you" have no point. I just made a snide comment when quoting the op. Comprehensive reading was never your strong point anyway Mako. Or are you still mad and waiting for me to explain something you made up out of my words in another treat? That still wont happen, sorry.

What i get however is that this treat is pretty dead when you peeps are just mad about some random post. :mrgreen:
Perlen vor die Säue.

Spektre
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Spektre » Tue 20 May 2014 23:17

the question which is burnin me,
how is the ratio between land and naval battles?
can you see that?
WTF?

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”