REDFOR advantages

User avatar
GodofHellfire
Second-Lieutenant
Posts: 816
Joined: Fri 6 Dec 2013 16:20
Location: Oktoberfest
Contact:

Re: REDFOR advantages

Postby GodofHellfire » Sat 17 May 2014 20:27

^ uhh wat ? ( the unit comparison post)
Some of these comparisons dont match up or are out of context

1. Aim 9 is 2 while igla is 4
2. Ka 52 missiles are sead and outrange spaags, while the longbow is the most micro intensive tank killer ingame
3 strlela 1 M wgile having worse missiles is an armored vehicle while mistral truck has no armor
4. Amx 30 roland has pitiful anti plane range of 2275 while osa has 3500
5 tunguska should be compared to a similar system like gepard a2 where the tunguska is better for the higher price you pay

The others are fine but these are just not fitting
1 2 3 memes ?

Image
Thanks kiheerSEDMAN for the custom profile sig

TAP INTO... THE POWER

Basil_pup
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 531
Joined: Fri 4 May 2012 18:42
Contact:

Re: REDFOR advantages

Postby Basil_pup » Sat 17 May 2014 20:31

GodofHellfire wrote:^ uhh wat ? ( the unit comparison post)
4. Amx 30 roland has pitiful anti plane range of 2275 while osa has 3500

He is talking about Amx 30 roland 3 that priced 60 points.
Image

User avatar
GodofHellfire
Second-Lieutenant
Posts: 816
Joined: Fri 6 Dec 2013 16:20
Location: Oktoberfest
Contact:

Re: REDFOR advantages

Postby GodofHellfire » Sat 17 May 2014 20:33

Basil_pup wrote:
GodofHellfire wrote:^ uhh wat ? ( the unit comparison post)
4. Amx 30 roland has pitiful anti plane range of 2275 while osa has 3500

He is talking about Amx 30 roland 3 that priced 60 points.

In that case, ignore that :D
1 2 3 memes ?

Image
Thanks kiheerSEDMAN for the custom profile sig

TAP INTO... THE POWER

User avatar
中铁四局
Warrant Officer
Posts: 411
Joined: Fri 17 Feb 2012 13:10
Contact:

Re: REDFOR advantages

Postby 中铁四局 » Sat 17 May 2014 20:46

GodofHellfire wrote:^ uhh wat ? ( the unit comparison post)
Some of these comparisons dont match up or are out of context

2. Ka 52 missiles are sead and outrange spaags, while the longbow is the most micro intensive tank killer ingame



A helo carries 2 anti-radar SEAD missile is already gimped to use, if you have a basic understanding of this game, bluefor has plenty of 3325m non radar AA available to US, BlueDragon, EUROCORP, and a 3150 Adats for CW.

Meanwhile Longbow has 16F&F hellfire with exceptional optics. and the only draw back you've lists is "it's micro intensive" and it's a L2P issue.

what you want to prove? 2 SEAD missile on a freaking helo is better than 16 F&F hellfire carrier?
Dear Eugen, Please give T-72BU its iconic red-eye shtora system back! It looks mean and awesome!

User avatar
SecularSuicide
Master Sergeant
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue 8 Apr 2014 17:32

Re: REDFOR advantages

Postby SecularSuicide » Sat 17 May 2014 20:50

Oh these threads are so full of fail. :lol:

User avatar
Uncle_Joe
Second-Lieutenant
Posts: 907
Joined: Thu 18 Oct 2012 07:01
Contact:

Re: REDFOR advantages

Postby Uncle_Joe » Sat 17 May 2014 21:07

And to refine that, the overall ratio which was 50,93% in favor of NATO was calculated as 54% since the last stats (about a week). That's still a long way from the "70%" to "90%" NATO win I keep reading.


54% win for NATO is actually a pretty big variance. It doesn't look like it but it is.

And it's even more so if there are 'draws' figuring into the total.

For example, if you have 54% NATO/BLUE Wins and say, 6-8% Draws, that only leave 38-40% as PACT/RED wins. And that is a HUGE statistical variance.

Even if Draws are already accounted for in that calculation, it's still 54 to 46 which again, is bigger than it seems.

I used to work for a major two sided MMO and if side 'x' was winning 54% of the time, that was a pretty big indicator that some tweaks were needed.

That said, there are plenty of contributing factors not the least of which is 'self-fulfilling prophecy'. Once players begin to perceive side 'x' is winning, the better players will tend to gravitate to that side leaving more weaker players on side 'y' which tends to make things even more lop-sided.

Whether that is the case here yet or not, I don't know. But just anecdotally, it's not uncommon to find plenty of games (regular and 10v10) where NATO is full-up and there is not a single Pact player in the room....
"Don't you know that in the Service one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?"

terror51247
Major
Posts: 1851
Joined: Thu 27 Sep 2012 12:55
Contact:

Re: REDFOR advantages

Postby terror51247 » Sat 17 May 2014 21:25

Current advantages of redfor
Spoiler : :
USSR:
Large number of avaliable high end planes with mraam
2800m atgm
Spetsnaz
igla n
Buratino
Bmp1 d
Konkurs m inf
Has ground exceptional optics

China:
Good aviability bonus
2800m atgm
Napalm rocket arty
Good tank line
excellent aa chopper
excellent vehicle line
wz551
j7 h nuke bomber
ztq 62g
lin jian 90
qw1

DPRK:
Great aviability bonua
ats 103
su100
f6c

Weaknesses of redfor
Spoiler : :
USSR:
No reservists
No dedicated aa helo
Horrible tank line
Horrible transports
Overpriced line and shock infantry(motostrelki,VDV,morskaya pekhota)
Horrible arty
Horrible HE bombers
Atgm have lower ap and accuracy compared to its bluefor equivalents
Hinds are overpriced

China:
No atgm inf
No super heavy tank
Horrible arty
Horrible AA vs planes
Horrible fighters
No high end atgm helo
No atgm planes
No exceptional stealth recon

DPRK:
Glorious DPRK has no weakness

No comments about nswp because they werent updated yet.
No comments about navy units because i think that the naval part of this game is awful and cant be fixed.
How can anyone play to a faction's strength if the major flavour of that faction is overpriced units in every category?

Forimar
Captain
Posts: 1522
Joined: Mon 6 May 2013 01:27
Contact:

Re: REDFOR advantages

Postby Forimar » Sat 17 May 2014 21:31

terror51247 wrote:Current advantages of redfor
Spoiler : :
USSR:
Large number of avaliable high end planes with mraam
2800m atgm
Spetsnaz
igla n
Buratino
Bmp1 d
Konkurs m inf
Has ground exceptional optics

China:
Good aviability bonus
2800m atgm
Napalm rocket arty
Good tank line
excellent aa chopper
excellent vehicle line
wz551
j7 h nuke bomber
ztq 62g
lin jian 90
qw1

DPRK:
Great aviability bonua
ats 103
su100
f6c

Weaknesses of redfor
Spoiler : :
USSR:
No reservists
No dedicated aa helo
Horrible tank line
Horrible transports
Overpriced line and shock infantry(motostrelki,VDV,morskaya pekhota)
Horrible arty
Horrible HE bombers
Atgm have lower ap and accuracy compared to its bluefor equivalents
Hinds are overpriced

China:
No atgm inf
No super heavy tank
Horrible arty
Horrible AA vs planes
Horrible fighters
No high end atgm helo
No atgm planes
No exceptional stealth recon

DPRK:
Glorious DPRK has no weakness

No comments about nswp because they werent updated yet.
No comments about navy units because i think that the naval part of this game is awful and cant be fixed.


Looks like advantages: a few single units, disadvantages: inferior in every unit class where it matters. Seems about right.

User avatar
Fistoblitzkrieg
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun 22 Apr 2012 23:08
Contact:

Re: REDFOR advantages

Postby Fistoblitzkrieg » Sat 17 May 2014 23:52

REDFOR underpowered easily stopped loser pls buff! Oh, how the mighty have fallen...
Image

User avatar
RedDevilCG
Colonel
Posts: 2687
Joined: Thu 30 May 2013 20:58
Contact:

Re: REDFOR advantages

Postby RedDevilCG » Sun 18 May 2014 01:39

Uncle_Joe wrote:For example, if you have 54% NATO/BLUE Wins and say, 6-8% Draws, that only leave 38-40% as PACT/RED wins. And that is a HUGE statistical variance.
Pretty sure MadMat mentioned that draws are not included, as they looked at victories only.
Uncle_Joe wrote:Even if Draws are already accounted for in that calculation, it's still 54 to 46 which again, is bigger than it seems.
Not sure what you mean by bigger than it seems. Are you saying 54 to 46 isn't actually 54 to 46, but somehow larger?
Image

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests

cron