Rejected scenarios for Wargame

andyana
Master Sergeant

Rejected scenarios for Wargame

Postby andyana » Thu 22 May 2014 03:21

Seeing as we're getting a look at the nations and vehicles that didn't make the cut for Wargame, how about a look at the alternate history ideas that didn't make it? I think there were originally 12 campaigns planned for RD - what were the ones we didn't see?

Zone
Warrant Officer

Re: Rejected scenarios for Wargame

Postby Zone » Thu 22 May 2014 03:37

12 campaigns for a multiplayer game o_O
TANK GIRL
"Chuck Norris can fly 9 ASM planes (into space) the same time."

fatfluffycat
Major

Postby fatfluffycat » Thu 22 May 2014 03:41

12 campaigns like ALB, they wanted to make ALB type campaigns, but nobody like them, so we have the RD style, that take more time and work to make.

Zone wrote:12 campaigns for a multiplayer game o_O

No need for that, asshat
How is possible? / Thread of the Year 2015

feeblezak
Lieutenant

Postby feeblezak » Thu 22 May 2014 04:11

Odd that they'd base the game around the worst game mode. Campaign and Skirmish are much more fun imo, thanks to the current meta, rampant min-maxing and general lack of authenticity in multiplayer anyway,

When will the 5th campaign be released, anyway?
Give the MiG-19PFM its 5600m Missile back!!
If Someone could tell the drivers of the T-72M1M's and T-72B's to close their hatches, cheers.

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Thu 22 May 2014 04:21

Not sure, but its definitely being worked on judging by the stuff I've seen in the game files :P

jmpveg22
Lieutenant

Postby jmpveg22 » Thu 22 May 2014 04:32

feeblezak wrote:

Odd that they'd base the game around the worst game mode. Campaign and Skirmish are much more fun imo, thanks to the current meta, rampant min-maxing and general lack of authenticity in multiplayer anyway,

When will the 5th campaign be released, anyway?

I think they are still working out campaign bugs... I also think it woulda been better to focus their efforts on 2-3 campaigns, but have them playable by both sides (By having a different set of scripts for each side). It woulda taken less effort in mapping, creating battle groups, etc etc... and hey could focus on getting everything right.

I also think it woulda been wise for them to have a campaign editor/creator to increase the re-playability factor by 1000x. And then open a steam workshop area where players could shared decks, battle groups, and created campaigns to further make the game re-playable. But i guess/hope that will be in Wargame 4...

Rabidpalidinski
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Rabidpalidinski » Thu 22 May 2014 07:04

I miss the EE campaign but still like the RD and ALB ones. They should add a few of each type if you ask me.
<3 MIGHTY SOVIET SPACE BMP
"I solve tactical problems, not practical problems" 8-)
Please fix the PGZ-63's fixed wing cannon range :(

QuakeRiley
Lieutenant

Postby QuakeRiley » Thu 22 May 2014 09:30

fatfluffycat wrote:12 campaigns like ALB, they wanted to make ALB type campaigns, but nobody like them, so we have the RD style, that take more time and work to make.

I kind of hate the new style. The AI is so crummy it might as be linear since you can predict the AI's movements but is presented on an ALB open map. Probably the only campaign which does the style well is Climb Mount Narodnaya.

Plus I miss the random events that happened in ALB, gave the sense of being part of something bigger.
"...In their Centurions, the 8th Hussars have evolved a new type of tank warfare. They taught us that anywhere a tank can go, is tank country: even the tops of mountains."

raventhefuhrer
Colonel

Postby raventhefuhrer » Thu 22 May 2014 09:35

fatfluffycat wrote:12 campaigns like ALB, they wanted to make ALB type campaigns, but nobody like them, so we have the RD style, that take more time and work to make.

To be honest, I don't think too many people like these campaigns either. They're structurally the same thing - 'dynamic' (re: generic, repetitive) - as the ALB campaigns were. I appreciate the effort to give the military conflict more context, but I don't think any of us have memorable moments from defending the Busan Perimeter (how could we? You fight 10+ battles on the same ground against a suicidal enemy that becomes a chore after awhile) like we do from rushing the save the Loyalist Polish forces, or marauding around as soldiers no longer loyal to a world that destroyed itself and doesn't want us anymore.

Just saying.
My YouTube Channel is Raven Wargaming. Message me to request videos on certain topics.

Zer0
Master Sergeant

Postby Zer0 » Thu 22 May 2014 13:54

A campaign editor even just for battleground would be awesome. Still waiting for the Hong Kong map to be changed to Japan vs Commonwealth

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”