STRB 90

k0m1ssar
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: STRB 90

Postby k0m1ssar » Tue 27 May 2014 18:31

guguku wrote:Make the riverboats completely useless....... when u decrease their armor i ll bet i wont see them in 75% of the games (at the moment its 50%)

WHy does nobody understands that the STRB is only a highend riverboat and REDFOR is missing such a boat!!!

A high-end river boat too good for its price that is...

I don't understand why REDFOR river boats' autocannon anti-ground range is so limited: you can shoot at planes 3km away but can only shoot at other boats at 500m? How does it even make sense?

VladK02
Sergeant Major

Postby VladK02 » Tue 27 May 2014 18:37

I proved my point last night. Took a 10v10 game a blue team, sent 3 of these babies down the canal.

They killed roughly 1500 pts of stuff - AA, tanks, auto-piloting reinforcements using those roads... basically anything in range of those hellfires, died.

One boat died to an AA strike that my avengers killed in turn, but i pulled back the other 2 boats to repair and reload.

And that in a 10v10 environment where planes and helos are plenty.

Overpowered.

Buck Turgidson
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Buck Turgidson » Tue 27 May 2014 18:44

These things are ridiculous. And Exceptional optics! Same goes for the Zippo boat, for some very obscure reason these riverine boats are the best recon there is while Redfor gets no riverine with Exceptional optics.

For the sakes of gameplay I really wish all boats get their optics reduced to Good or Normal, it's unbelievable that these boats just cruise around, spot and kill anything nearby and all boats seem to be made out of unobtainium - shrugging off ATGM hits better than heavier tanks. I just had a game where my Shangai took Hellfire hits + a Nighthawk bomb right to the face and survived.

Riverines need to be looked at, all of them and especially the STRB 90.
ImageImage

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Tue 27 May 2014 19:42

All of the little boats are too hard to kill. Most likely a legacy of the times when they were AShM targets.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Tonci87
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Tonci87 » Tue 27 May 2014 20:13

Killertomato wrote:All of the little boats are too hard to kill. Most likely a legacy of the times when they were AShM targets.

Yeah I guess this could be the source of the problem.
ImageImage
German realism oriented Arma Coop Community http://www.brigade2010.de

stratmania
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby stratmania » Tue 27 May 2014 20:19

Tonci87 wrote:
Killertomato wrote:All of the little boats are too hard to kill. Most likely a legacy of the times when they were AShM targets.

Yeah I guess this could be the source of the problem.

Then again... Arent riverboats supposed to be not very tough?

katt
Lieutenant General

Postby katt » Tue 27 May 2014 20:22

guguku wrote:Make the riverboats completely useless....... when u decrease their armor i ll bet i wont see them in 75% of the games (at the moment its 50%)

WHy does nobody understands that the STRB is only a highend riverboat and REDFOR is missing such a boat!!!

Instead of seeking actual solutions to potential problems, "MAKE IT USELESS" prevails.

Charming and clever.
人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人

ProtzY
Master Sergeant

Postby ProtzY » Tue 27 May 2014 20:29

The biggest problem for me is the STRB's exceptional optics make it a hunter and killer while being very resilient to ATGMs. Good micro and coupled with some good IR AA can make them extremely deadly.

guguku
Warrant Officer

Postby guguku » Tue 27 May 2014 20:44

had a match today :

one of my MI8 killed two STRB90 with his S5 or S8 (dont know which one he had).
of course this requires some micro (the STRBs should not get to close), but ii is an excellent example of how easy to kill these boats are when reallly want to

The T55AM1 of the USSR Marines Deck are also excellent to kill riverboats. Its not their main purpose and its definitely not efficient to buy them to kill riverboats, but when they are nearby...... why dont get some easy kills (T55s only work when using 4 or more, but when u have 4 no riverboat stands a chance against their BASTIONs)

The reason why riverboats are so cheap is because otherwise you would replace them with frigates in ur Naval SLots to increase ur chance to win over the enemy Navy.
Last edited by guguku on Tue 27 May 2014 21:46, edited 1 time in total.

guguku
Warrant Officer

Postby guguku » Tue 27 May 2014 20:46

ProtzY wrote:The biggest problem for me is the STRB's exceptional optics make it a hunter and killer while being very resilient to ATGMs. Good micro and coupled with some good IR AA can make them extremely deadly.

resilient to ATGMs......of course, if u use Falanga or sth like that with 10AP
call good AGM plane in.... he ll be happy about the free kills (he must have good ECM to dont get a free kill to enemy IR AA)

optics could maybe take a decent nerf..... but thats all
Last edited by guguku on Tue 27 May 2014 21:46, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”