STRB 90

Ritterlich
Warrant Officer

Re: STRB 90

Postby Ritterlich » Sat 31 May 2014 09:15

Itzhak Sokolsky wrote:
thrawn wrote:proofs? you think that team of professional game developers didn't checked it out?

:lol: :lol:

http://doveruk.blogspot.com/2011/10/net ... -fast.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CB90-class ... ault_craft

thrawn wrote:There is certain "ecosystem" where STRB90 fits perfectly, so I dont see a problem here, you know, pact has huge wagon of units that arent balanced either, like BURATION, Elite Napalm Infantry, Longer range AGL, high AP&range atgm's (all dem tanks with 2675+ range&ka-50 with 2975(!) range), loads of other units that even i wont paste here since we all know what they are.

Opinion disregarded, go make another thread about the balance of those units and your "ecosystem" if you feel free to.

That's it fellas, you better accept this burn and apply some lotion.

And since Eugen really does care about balance (for the naysayers, see past patchlogs), I am confident they price-balance this powerboat too. And the T-72 versions low-Rof low-accuracy high-price mess.

vitmerc
Warrant Officer

Postby vitmerc » Sat 31 May 2014 09:20

thrawn wrote:
proofs? you think that team of professional game developers didn't checked it out? There is certain "ecosystem" where STRB90 fits perfectly, so I dont see a problem here, you know, pact has huge wagon of units that arent balanced either, like BURATINO*, Elite Napalm Infantry, Longer range AGL, high AP&range atgm's (all dem tanks with 2675+ range&ka-50 with 2975(!) range), loads of other units that even i wont paste here since we all know what they are.

Buratino? you mean a thing that aims for half a minute, costs 150 pts to field, eats 2k supply per barrage and needs 2 units to be effective?
Not to mention its bomber food w/o a proper AA umbrella, so add in the price of a AA umbrella (and manpads are not enough, compared to BLUFOR)

Elite napalm inf? Glorious MG3 does not need napalm to be effective. Provides same dmg/s as napalm launchers and leaves some space for a RPG.

And if you actually, you know, played the game, you would know that tanks are night-useless. Even more so when you pay extra points for an atgm that doesnt really have AP to back up its price.

Should i mention Ka-50 costs 150 points too? and the range of decks its available to is limited.
Feel free to copy above signature to yours; Support map ports and the trabant revolution!

Darth-Lampshade
Captain

Postby Darth-Lampshade » Sat 31 May 2014 10:30

Are people still raging at this little plastic boat? I must not have discovered its ability to travel on land yet and just roll over the map.
When in doubt blame UGBEAR.

Narcissistic Black
Major

Re: STRB 90 H unstoppable killer please NERF

Postby Narcissistic Black » Sat 31 May 2014 14:56

NATO Potato wrote:
Narcissistic Black wrote:
Solo wrote:Redfor doesn't really have a comparable boat.

Bluefor doesn't have a comparable Napalm arty.

maybe because

*gasp*

they didn't design napalm artillery.

besides WP rounds, but blufor hardly ever used napalm arty

But WP Rounds were used and in service...so technically should be in the game.
And if the cold war had ever gone hot im positive they would have used WP rounds.
The First Narcissist
Click signature to see Modification, Alpha Released. Try now.

VladK02
Sergeant Major

Postby VladK02 » Sat 31 May 2014 17:52

I personally would love to have a sleek river gunboat for redfor as a counter-balance.

STRN 90 is slightly OP, but, leave it as is, IF redfor gets its own gunboat.

40-50pt redfor boat with 2100m autocannons for example. Same weapon what BMP-2 uses, only like 2-3 of them on a boat.

THAT would be interesting - who wins, atgm carrier, or a gunboat spewing a cloud of autocannon shells?

Basically, upgrade the chong-chu or whatever 30pt chinese-north korean crap boat is called.

stratmania
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby stratmania » Sat 31 May 2014 18:03

VladK02 wrote:I personally would love to have a sleek river gunboat for redfor as a counter-balance.

STRN 90 is slightly OP, but, leave it as is, IF redfor gets its own gunboat.

40-50pt redfor boat with 2100m autocannons for example. Same weapon what BMP-2 uses, only like 2-3 of them on a boat.

THAT would be interesting - who wins, atgm carrier, or a gunboat spewing a cloud of autocannon shells?

Basically, upgrade the chong-chu or whatever 30pt chinese-north korean crap boat is called.

That would be the shanghai. Chongju... Slow gun. Not sure if the ZPTU is 4 just like the M2 browning though
I admit they are lackluster... Should have AP rounds for decent fire support.

guguku
Warrant Officer

Postby guguku » Sat 31 May 2014 20:27

k0m1ssar wrote:
guguku wrote:
splitsoul101 wrote:in all honesty, the STRB 90 is fine as is..

It dies in one two shots, and the first shot always PANICS it and crits it to the point that even if you wanted to move it away, it will slowly chug in place and take another shot from whatever is shooting at it.

I rarely post on the forums about OP/NERF but i dislike that people cry "OP more NERF" whenever they cant find a simple counter to a simple problem ingame...

If more people just play the game more and realize "oh hey, thats a simple counter. lets try that" instead of hitting a roadblock ingame because you're too lazy to find a simple counter and come cry on the forums about it.

there are a lot of simple counters against the STRB90........ maybe all of the guys crying "STRB is OP" dont know how to build a defense or started an assault, failed, had no backup...... then the STRB is powerful

and u dont need "highend" ATGMs, medium or even bad ATGMs also work well when u mass them (thats not unusal, otherwise they are pretty useless)

Are you trying to say "L2P"? Because that's really what you sound like.

As I said before, it is not about whether counters are available, it is about it's real-life capability as well as its price. We're saying that its capabilities are exaggerated and that its price does not fully reflect its value (look at MH-60 DAP, then look at STRB 90).

2800m range on the Hellfire will out-range most ATGMs. The "Cheap" ATGMs mostly have 2450m range which is useless against even coastline targets. With its Exceptional optic STRB 90 will spot you from miles away and retreat if it feels that it may be outgunned, then call in artillery, either howitzer or ship guns, to reduce the defensive position to ashes.

but u can hide other ATGM units, try that with the STRB

i repeat : the price is so low that people buy it instead of frigates

guguku
Warrant Officer

Postby guguku » Sat 31 May 2014 20:28

k0m1ssar wrote:
thrawn wrote:jesus people, you are repeating all over. If you dont like some game modes, dont play it. Simple fix.
and second, if that country had that unit with that hellfires 'n in that timeline, there is no reason to change it.

No it didn't have.

The Hellfire launching test on a single platform was conducted in 2004, and even after that they still use it solely as a missile transport unit for land-based launchers.

OOT argument...........works against a lot of units, so stop using it

guguku
Warrant Officer

Postby guguku » Sat 31 May 2014 20:29

Alcorr wrote:
you think that team of professional game developers didn't checked it out?

Probably yes. Considering the canadian chimera, which was literally never even produced was just a concept.

its called "PROTOTYPE", maybe u didnt realize

guguku
Warrant Officer

Postby guguku » Sat 31 May 2014 20:31

splitsoul101 wrote:
the STRB is a situational weapon imo, i dont spam it. When i use it I take a look at whats going on in the map and call it out if necessary,
but its also risky since the STRB dies really quick, unlike other units they have higher survivability compared to the STRB.

A riverine unit has only a selected path it can choose to flee so it is very predictable.

Only when the enemys defense is down is when the STRB really shine out. other then that, there is absolutely no point using it.

p.s. cheap atgm doesnt need 2800 range to kill it... the river shores from one side to another is what.... 1k-500m?

I killed a bunch of STRB on Gunboat just with Tanke Shasou *Tank Hunters* Chinese units just by placing them near the river.

its not that hard.

+1

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”