[Revived Suggestion] Plane Altitude

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Re: [Revived Suggestion] Plane Altitude

Postby Xeno426 » Sat 31 May 2014 02:06

towedarray wrote:[b]You're also forgetting that RD has significantly more restrictive deck slot allowances than ALB did, so you're now forcing everyone to fill at least 3 slots with AA units just to have a baseline AA presence. That's extremely brutal to deck creation in RD where we're already short 4 slots in every category (standard decks only get 5 slots instead of 9 like in ALB).

If this change forces the deck system to be tweaked, is that a bad thing?
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

shuai-jan
Lieutenant

Postby shuai-jan » Sat 31 May 2014 02:37

10/10 Love this, also could someone repost the first video without sound because I live in Germany:

Unfortunately, this video is not available in your country because it could contain music from SME, for which we could not agree on conditions of use with GEMA.

:/

Scanny
Sergeant Major

Postby Scanny » Sat 31 May 2014 02:48

Fund it, Do it, be successful

If Eugene don't want to bother adding sophistication to air combat then just do it yourself and the community will follow, the tools and the means are here and I am sure that the community is 110% supportive of your efforts.

Good luck, will definitely look at playing RD again if some sort of realism/overhaul mod for aircraft and AA is done and maybe alongside that the inf combat changes for longer duration and armor price/availability/range changes.

Could make quite a fun game out of this.
"Balance Uber Alles"

Corsair
Lieutenant

Postby Corsair » Sat 31 May 2014 03:17

a. Using Xeno's vast knowledge of aircraft and his sources it's entirely possible to have similar to accurate respresentations of an aircraft's flight characteristics in a more 3D environment. Did XYZ plane dive better? Have better G force limits? Was it able to roll, pitch, or yaw better?

Can't wait to see the Mirage 2000 rule the sky :twisted:

Good news about variable altitudes. Now we will be able to see some planes used in fields they excelled in, such as very-low altitude penetration (Mirage IIIE).

Wargamer620
Warrant Officer

Postby Wargamer620 » Sat 31 May 2014 03:21

sounds cool, doubt they will implement it.
How to Make a Smokescreen Without Arty

Graphic wrote:Eugen HQ is guarded by eight platoons of Fallschirmjager '90. You'll never make it out alive.

Bullfrog
General

Postby Bullfrog » Sat 31 May 2014 03:59

towedarray wrote:
[b]You're also forgetting that RD has significantly more restrictive deck slot allowances than ALB did, so you're now forcing everyone to fill at least 3 slots with AA units just to have a baseline AA presence. That's extremely brutal to deck creation in RD where we're already short 4 slots in every category (standard decks only get 5 slots instead of 9 like in ALB).

So?

I do agree that the deck creation mechanic is complete balls. But with the 5 slot limitation for each individual 'class' 3 AA slots + 1 artillery isn't anything big.

What i'm saying is... typically you have 5-10 points left over for useless units you don't need simply because you can't put 6 inf cards or 6 tanks in your deck... put those activation points in AA.. whoopty doo.
Does not affiliate with members who post in #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Mako
General

Postby Mako » Sat 31 May 2014 04:03

Bullfrog wrote:
towedarray wrote:
[b]You're also forgetting that RD has significantly more restrictive deck slot allowances than ALB did, so you're now forcing everyone to fill at least 3 slots with AA units just to have a baseline AA presence. That's extremely brutal to deck creation in RD where we're already short 4 slots in every category (standard decks only get 5 slots instead of 9 like in ALB).

So?

I do agree that the deck creation mechanic is complete balls. But with the 5 slot limitation for each individual 'class' 3 AA slots + 1 artillery isn't anything big.

What i'm saying is... typically you have 5-10 points left over for useless units you don't need simply because you can't put 6 inf cards or 6 tanks in your deck... put those activation points in AA.. whoopty doo.

But ASF can function for 2 of 3 categories, so you only need one card of AA that could be MANPADS :lol:
If there's two kinds of players, those that like challenges and those that want a fair game, pubstomps should make everyone happy.

Sonicbunny
Sergeant Major

Postby Sonicbunny » Sat 31 May 2014 04:08

shuai-jan wrote:10/10 Love this, also could someone repost the first video without sound because I live in Germany:

Unfortunately, this video is not available in your country because it could contain music from SME, for which we could not agree on conditions of use with GEMA.

:/

Try the link right above your post in Xeno's sig :)
"EUG time" defies quantum physics. We are evolving in a completely different set of time where durations are only qualified as "soon", "imminent", "about to happen", ...

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Sat 31 May 2014 04:28

Sonicbunny wrote:Try the link right above your post in Xeno's sig :)

Well, I'm glad someone noticed. :lol:
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

shomu1
Major-General

Postby shomu1 » Sat 31 May 2014 05:21

Regarding the guy who was concerned about people putting high end SAMs on slopes to fire at low altitude aircraft, if the glitch that considers vehicles on a slope to be horizontal is still around, this won't be a problem.

Also if this is put in, US Aardvarks would have a reason to exist due to their tradition of low level strike. I love it.

IT IS FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”