Still waiting...

Coffee_Zombie
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Still waiting...

Postby Coffee_Zombie » Sat 31 May 2014 02:54

I feel you. I don't want to reset stats either. I would like stats hidden till after the game it just makes it too difficult to get a game going especially if you are trying to help new players.

It is just bollocks.

Grinch USMC
Private First-Class

Postby Grinch USMC » Sat 31 May 2014 06:59

In my opinion, being able to view stats from the lobby has absolutely destroyed the community. No one wants to play against a team that they know has an 80%+ w/r. It's actually rather amusing if you reset stats. Everyone suddenly thinks they'll stick around to 'pubstomp' the players that have recently wiped their stats--completely ignorant to what's going on.

Get rid of the stats in the lobby. Ignorance is bliss. Save those of us who buy games to play with friends and work together a few hours of waiting a night. More importantly, salvage the online community.

ccrraaiigg007
Corporal

Postby ccrraaiigg007 » Sat 31 May 2014 07:11

When the folks I play with and I reset our stats our wait for a game went from 15-20 minutes to less than 5. We are having to reset our stats and change our names every 20-30 games just to be able to play without having to endure Eugen Lobby Simulator 2014.

Zhukodim
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Zhukodim » Sat 31 May 2014 07:37

Not enough teams and thats only a problem for me. I only know maybe 5-6 teams who dont kick me when I join. Sir Scorpion and his bandits, Some PLF guys ( only top of them I think couse some kick me too :( ). And Zero, Akula etc team. Hitmans team good guys too. :) Thats for 3v3. For 2v2 more teams and I like it. :P

Need some subforum where players can meet each other and create teams.

I strongly against about reseting stats . Reset for what? New players or not a full team trying to play against avarage guys and kick players with 80%+ wins. This is absolutely normal. And you're trying to trick them and play with them? Maybe the problem with you and not with those who are kicked you?

p.s Baaad Captain. :P
Steel Division: Normandy 44 My precious! Our precious!

chykka
Brigadier

Postby chykka » Sat 31 May 2014 07:52

realfakealex wrote:Looks on lobby for another 3v3 game, preferably vs a team, finds one.
play on 38th parallel TD no time limit!
You're back to square one.

But this time, you try putting it on destruction!?!
But you're still waiting for a game.

Reset stats?
Change names?

Go back and see if you can get a game in ALB quicker? (which we did once and was able to join one instantly)

Play Goat simulator in the background while waiting?

Whats wrong with 38th parallel total destruction ;) Pretty good map showcases amphibian attacks pretty good on that map.

If people are picky on what lobbies they join you will be waiting. I go back and forth between the wargames, wait time can be long but even if play count is up in RD.
More competition I guess.
EE if it's busy, it can be really quick to get a match (as in 150 players or more)
I guess if you don't want to wait you can play anouther game at the same time lol.

Mako
General

Postby Mako » Sat 31 May 2014 08:27

Remember when everyone complained about pubstomps and tryhards in ALB?

Spoiler : :
Yeah me neither.
If there's two kinds of players, those that like challenges and those that want a fair game, pubstomps should make everyone happy.

Coffee_Zombie
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Coffee_Zombie » Sat 31 May 2014 09:55

I strongly against about reseting stats . Reset for what? New players or not a full team trying to play against avarage guys and kick players with 80%+ wins. This is absolutely normal. And you're trying to trick them and play with them? Maybe the problem with you and not with those who are kicked you?

The problem is sometimes I just want a game. I don't want to play against new people but most average players don't want to play against people with a 80% win and a few hundred games under their belt. So now you get no medium to high level players wanting to play you and ruin games for guys right out of the box.

The view stats is just garbage and ruins the lobby simulator.

Hidden Gunman
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Hidden Gunman » Sat 31 May 2014 10:00

There once was a time not so long ago when the forum was full of complaints that droppers were the end of civilisation as we knew it and seeing their game stats was a must have...
A Firefly killed Wittman...

It's a 17lbr, not a 76.2mm.

Adolith
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Adolith » Sat 31 May 2014 10:44

There are always two sides to the coin. Some people want fast games, some people want good games. Fast & good would be perfect.

I prefer a good game over a fast one. A team of 4x 75-80% winrates VS randoms with 20-50% will probably not be a good game. This is why I am glad to have the view stats function. I can leave the game before it starts.

Resetting stats to "trick" randoms, who are probably a) worse players and b) not a premade team into staying - well, that one shows you have no interest in a good game.

Hosting a game as a team and waiting for it to fill up (and complain that it takes too long) is just lazy. "Invade" other teams games, even if the map/settings/sides are not 100% what you prefer - this is what I do with my friends. Somestimes you get kicked, sometimes you will play a superior team and lose, but it will be better games than VS pubs.

You could even reset stats or change nicks for that, if you get kicked too often out of other teams games. But resetting stats to lure in randoms is just bad taste IMHO.

homerfcb
Lieutenant

Postby homerfcb » Sat 31 May 2014 10:53

The best system was the Wee system, where the lvl was directly displayed... It was a good indicator on how strong somwbody is... But in Wee yOu nearly got no points from singleplayer, so...
The big nerf whiners thread, much controversal stuff, some suggestions and some more stuff, also with a big Patriot range explanation Just klick me, or go here viewtopic.php?f=155&t=48184

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”