WANTED: Information

smyljr
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: WANTED: Information

Postby smyljr » Tue 3 Jun 2014 07:02

Xeno426 wrote:For balance, I'd say HE 3.

i'd take it, what would be the range? and would it keep the iglas?
:mid-match connecting(matchmaking), LoS bubble(Ruse), interchangeable loadouts, moving in formations different ranges for altitudes, 1$ price increments, tank/copter ecm, 5/6 weapon slots, and 10 player deathmatch nukemode

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Tue 3 Jun 2014 07:09

smyljr wrote:i'd take it, what would be the range? and would it keep the iglas?

IMO it should have the same range as the Igla or Stinger, and no, I don't think it should have the Igla as well if the Vikhr can attack aircraft. It should only have the ability to hit helicopters as well, since hitting a fixed-wing fighter is supremely hard and not practical against anything save for maybe an A-10.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Obermotz
Master Sergeant

Re: High End IFV availability per card.

Postby Obermotz » Tue 3 Jun 2014 07:19

smyljr
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby smyljr » Tue 3 Jun 2014 07:43

Xeno426 wrote:
smyljr wrote:i'd take it, what would be the range? and would it keep the iglas?

IMO it should have the same range as the Igla or Stinger, and no, I don't think it should have the Igla as well if the Vikhr can attack aircraft. It should only have the ability to hit helicopters as well, since hitting a fixed-wing fighter is supremely hard and not practical against anything save for maybe an A-10.

maybe a 525m range for anti planes, just as a cheap plane strafing discouragement. also, would anything replace the iglas?
:mid-match connecting(matchmaking), LoS bubble(Ruse), interchangeable loadouts, moving in formations different ranges for altitudes, 1$ price increments, tank/copter ecm, 5/6 weapon slots, and 10 player deathmatch nukemode

Mako
General

Postby Mako » Tue 3 Jun 2014 07:58

Realistically the system can not attack planes, not anything other than the A-10/trainer aircraft at least.

It should have no anti plane range.
If there's two kinds of players, those that like challenges and those that want a fair game, pubstomps should make everyone happy.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Tue 3 Jun 2014 07:58

smyljr wrote:maybe a 525m range for anti planes, just as a cheap plane strafing discouragement. also, would anything replace the iglas?

B-8V20A rocket pods or UPK-23-250 gun pods would be unique (though the latter would require the model to be directly edited).
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

smyljr
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby smyljr » Tue 3 Jun 2014 08:33

Xeno426 wrote:B-8V20A rocket pods or UPK-23-250 gun pods would be unique (though the latter would require the model to be directly edited).

hey, whatever it takes to get it on the changelog, i really never have the time to zoom in on models unless i'm playing on slowspeed, the weapon changes are much more entertaining to me than model accuracy

duro909
Lieutenant

Re: High End IFV availability per card.

Postby duro909 » Tue 3 Jun 2014 09:06

KeyLord wrote:It's a real shame that great transports such as the BMP-3, M2A2 bradley, BMD-3, BTR-90, etc etc are all punished with limited availability per card. I honestly think that transport availability should be solely dependent on the respective infantry card's availability.

I RARELY see these units being used now. They are fantastic units, but many people see few reasons to bring them if their availability is limited, and you get less infantry with them too. They should be balanced by their high-price and limited card availability.

Proposal: Give all IFV's the same availability as the corresponding infantry, and limit higher end ones to only one card, with possible tweaks to price.

The main cause of this issue is the limited infantry slots in vanilla national decks.

+1
Absolutely agree.
If you want to use high end IFVs, you have to pick specialized deck which gives you more slots on infantry section.
... and Malware-free banner too!

vitmerc
Warrant Officer

Postby vitmerc » Tue 3 Jun 2014 09:46

Well how could we avoid the overabundance of high-tier ATGM then?
Something that was the indended aim of this solution?
Feel free to copy above signature to yours; Support map ports and the trabant revolution!

mrgray2011
Sergeant

Postby mrgray2011 » Tue 3 Jun 2014 11:18

Question for OP:
"Community talked a lot about x1.1-1.4 veterancy based damage modifier for infantry. I see a reason behind its existence in WEE, but right now infantry have a lot of devastating weapons of any kind, including modern firearms for special forces. Some players think that removing that modifier will solve a lot of problems with infantry and its role in the game.
I would like to know if that question is considered as opened at least. Best answer is someone's opinion from dev team of course. Thx."

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”