Players involved and spoken with on TS:
Scroll to the end to find info about me, who I play with and against in a replay pack.
Here are 13 main issues about the game state with some suggestions where the dead horse has not been beaten because there are enough tank threads already:
- Nuclear winter from 1v1 to 2v2 so it can be played as 3v3
Tropic thunder from 1v1 to 2v2 so it can be played as 3v3
Hop and glory from 2v2 to 3v3 so it can be played as 4v4
Tough Jungle from 2v2 to 3v3 so it can be played as 4v4
1a. Map imbalance issues. While it’s rare to see maps obtain added terrain features the zone balance on many maps could be tested for opening game fairness and the time it takes from reinforcement point to get to a naturally contested zone. 750 and 1000 air speed timings should be done to ascertain whether or not a 2x home spawn should be 2x air corridors. There are also maps that should or should not have side spawns. Cold war Z for example would have a lot less issues with middle side spawns removed or pushed back to create home areas with two initial spawns. A conversation between devs and top tier players needs to happen.
3. Infantry transport issues. Transports leave much to be desired. Low accuracy and damage output for many guns at range. Lack of a 5 point 1 armor APC for all factions line and early, general purpose shock infantry. There is a lack of ten point 150 speed transport for low tier soviet infantry like early moto and black marines. It would be perfect If the BTR60 could be used without an AP value and removed from spetz, konkurs-m, igla-n. The BTR-80 could go down to 15 to become viable for 90’s troops. Also, Czech lacks a 10 point transport that could be cloned from poland or it could have AP removed.
Armor and ATGM planes
5. ATGM plane issues. Top tier tanks with low quantity are hard countered by fast ATGM planes that do not require a lot of effort to implement. At the same time we are not seeing enough play from the tank hunters like the Su25T or the A-ten.
Bump A-10/Su25T ECM to 30% To make them more survivable and used on the battlefield and increase A-ten price if need be.
Suggest reducing AP on all Planes carrying ATGM with AP 30 to 28 or…
Reduce missile count to half on all High End ATGM planes with price reductions to promote taking tank hunters like the A-ten instead of Planes like the Fa/18C/Su27M.
A common issue is the fact that it is rarely worth chasing towards the enemy AA net because F&F manpads can get two CTH rolls. From tests and experience GUID manpads will only get one real CTH roll. After testing evacing over a front line it’s been found that F&F manpads have the ability to put out a lot of damage on fixed wing. This is part of the reason why we have seen the manpads use dominate from the start of the game. It looks like infantry damage will not change. Perhaps the ASF range or the manpad range could change.
ASF at rookie is a common complaint because players are not able to kill by interception due to not getting the hits they need with 130+ point ASF.
Some ASF are simply cost ineffective. Namely the early Eagle, Euro fighter, Tornado F3, SU-27 and Mig-29 NK. Price drops for these may make them more playable.
7. Uncommon bomber issues. Certain bombers are not seen in competitive play. Clusters and F&F bombers like the nighthawk. When clusters are used they suicide for very little damage in return. If they could release their payload before they currently do, in a dive toss manner (Loft Bombing) they will become viable. An Increase the range for certain cluster bombers would do nicely, perhaps with a wider dispersal area to ensure damage is delt. F&F bombers seem to have issues with carrying out orders against units that could be in an optimal situation like open ground with recce on them. They will just fly right over the target after aiming for a short time without firing.
8. Low tier ATGM helicopter issue. This is all about helos with the tow, hot and some using the Itow. At their current price and accuracy they are never worth the activation points. I will never use that cool cobra with the teeth on it. They are forever the newbies folly. There is also a general consensus that kokon helos are 5 or 10 points too high.
Support (AA & Arty)
11. Artillery as a whole has a lot of issues. A lot of artillery are cost ineffective or supply ineffective. A select few have poor aim times.
Many rocket artillery pieces are not viable while napalm artillery for China is too supply cost effective. Long reload times. Prices. Supply costs.
Redfor 203 aim time is a lot longer than blufor 203s by a considerable amount and 170mm go unused.
Small caliber (105/122/130)howitzers are not viable.
Low tier artillery including low 155/152 eat up too much supply to be useful in competitive format games leaving only top tier howitzers playable.
Supply aside obtaining a critical mass is not cost effective either at current prices for the majority of howitzers. The game should have effective and diverse artillery choices from competitive 1v1 to long 4v4 format.
I have been actively playing the game since closed beta. Mostly 3v3 and 4v4 against teams. My group does 2v2's as well. Have played some. Don't find them or the prospect of ranked fascinating however I have spoken with great players who do.
My blu to red is about even( http://imgur.com/7euAV4V ) although I am sure there is inflation from tests and false starts / rematch on drops. Here is a copypaste replay dump which contains aprox the last two weeks of games. Tried to delete test, mod, and team games that ended early due to a reason resulting in rematch. If any slipped by well that's just too bad. http://www.sendspace.com/file/ngrat2
2. Do bring replays.
3. No, 10v10 commentary is not relevant.
4. I don't care unit you want added. Go become an investor in Eugen or Focus if you want that. I want a pony. I'll name him Marshmellow.
5. Be specific about what player count, mode, maps, et cetera you're talking about. A conversation about 1v1 ranked map rotation play will look completely different than a conversation about 3v3/4v4 on bloody ridge or paddyfield.
6. Feel free to not mention your [off-shoot mode]. The games competitive community and designers have based the game around conquest.
*edit: Clairity. List of players involved. If I missed someone, go ahead and nag me on steam.