New version (v348)

Mot
Second-Lieutenant

Re: New version (v348)

Postby Mot » Fri 6 Jun 2014 20:30

Stop pressing EUGEN to rush out a balance patch, let them take their time and balance the game properly, waiting now is better than a thousands posts with "wah fix the gaem eugen" a couple of days after a balance patch.
"I suck at Wargame" or "I have to wait 30 minutes to pubstomp people" are not solid arguments to criticize the game... just saying.

thrawn
Master Sergeant

Postby thrawn » Fri 6 Jun 2014 20:49

look how many players played WRD during beta, and how many players play it now. Each day players are leaving game. Sooner issues would be fixed (and they should be fixed a long time ago btw), sooner players stop leaving RD.

KonigKei
Corporal

Postby KonigKei » Fri 6 Jun 2014 21:13

So..... are you guys just working on some super secret get hype e3 stuff or just "stuffs taking awhile."

Excroat3
Captain

Postby Excroat3 » Fri 6 Jun 2014 21:29

gj

Argus
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Argus » Fri 6 Jun 2014 21:43

thrawn wrote:look how many players played WRD during beta, and how many players play it now. Each day players are leaving game. Sooner issues would be fixed (and they should be fixed a long time ago btw), sooner players stop leaving RD.

This

and some stuff is exactly the same as it was in beta. Still hasnt been touched.

I love Eugen to death,and the games they made. I just do not get how hard it is to ''fix'' some simple stuff.
Same as with the DLC,. If the modders can do it (camos,and different weapon stats+different loadouts) why cant EUG do it? How hard is it to reroll a mig 29 for example? The model is already ingame... I do know some new models are being added for other units,but you get the picture. For example,the centurion tank. One can see why its the most spammable unit ingame. It is a great armor unit for 15 points while the t55 costs 10 more and has only 9 front armor. They could have fixed the game as they go,tweaked a few numbers here and there,it doesnt have to be inside the MOTHER OF ALL PATCHES,it could be one thing at a time really,by the time the patch (THE BIG ONE) comes it might be too late?

Its a shame that only around 1-2k ppl play this game but it is what it is I guess.

Itzhak Sokolsky
Corporal

Postby Itzhak Sokolsky » Fri 6 Jun 2014 21:56

Mot wrote:Stop pressing EUGEN to rush out a balance patch, let them take their time and balance the game properly, waiting now is better than a thousands posts with "wah fix the gaem eugen" a couple of days after a balance patch.

I'm sure you and remnants of the community will enjoy your dead game by the time anything balance related comes out, but don't worry. I'm sure you'll be able to pre-purchase Act of Aggression soon.

Countess Bathory
Colonel

Postby Countess Bathory » Fri 6 Jun 2014 22:13

thrawn wrote:look how many players played WRD during beta, and how many players play it now. Each day players are leaving game. Sooner issues would be fixed (and they should be fixed a long time ago btw), sooner players stop leaving RD.

The number of players playing a game gets lower as time goes on?

Accept Roki Vulovic as your Lord and Saviour today and beware of the false prophet, Jesus Christ

raventhefuhrer
Colonel

Postby raventhefuhrer » Fri 6 Jun 2014 22:16

[EUG]MadMat wrote:By "fix", you mean which specific bug?

I know you get tired of hearing people say 'fix' the game, and maybe you'd prefer the terminology 'balance' the game? I also know you guys are working hard on a big patch - I'm almost sure of it, since we haven't had any notable patch this week, or the last week. As others have said, I'm increasingly convinced that you're waiting until the DLC to release the first big balance patch, complete with DLC units.

That's all great, but I wish you'd tell us a rough overview of what you guys are looking into right now, and if you're planning on releasing such a patch with the DLC, or before (or even after). I think this would dispel a lot of the worry and quiet a lot of the voices. Flippant responses like the one I quoted do the opposite.

To be honest, I think we're in a pretty dire situation right now. An enormous amount of my Wargaming friends just are not playing right now - all I see is a Steam buddy list full of ARMA 3, War Thunder, Men of War: Assault Squad 2, and others. Everyone says they're waiting for a big patch, if they plan to come back at all, and a serious amount of people just are not happy with the state of the game as is. I love this franchise, but I'm worried about it...I think most of the people who post asking about coming patches feel the same way (some are less respectful than others, sure), and that's something I don't think you recognize right now.
My YouTube Channel is Raven Wargaming. Message me to request videos on certain topics.

Panzerspahwagen85
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Panzerspahwagen85 » Fri 6 Jun 2014 22:20

raventhefuhrer wrote:
To be honest, I think we're in a pretty dire situation right now. An enormous amount of my Wargaming friends just are not playing right now - all I see is a Steam buddy list full of ARMA 3, War Thunder, Men of War: Assault Squad 2, and others. Everyone says they're waiting for a big patch, if they plan to come back at all, and a serious amount of people just are not happy with the state of the game as is. I love this franchise, but I'm worried about it...I think most of the people who post asking about coming patches feel the same way (some are less respectful than others, sure), and that's something I don't think you recognize right now.

+1

As is WRD is kaputt.

Mikeboy
General

Postby Mikeboy » Fri 6 Jun 2014 22:23

raventhefuhrer wrote:To be honest, I think we're in a pretty dire situation right now. An enormous amount of my Wargaming friends just are not playing right now - all I see is a Steam buddy list full of ARMA 3, War Thunder, Men of War: Assault Squad 2, and others. Everyone says they're waiting for a big patch, if they plan to come back at all, and a serious amount of people just are not happy with the state of the game as is.

Yeah a disturbing number of people, myself included if I'm honest, are simply no longer playing the game very much.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”