New version (v348)

Countess Bathory
Colonel

Re: New version (v348)

Postby Countess Bathory » Fri 6 Jun 2014 22:25

I can agree with that though...what really kills it for me is it takes so long to find a damn game. Or you can join another team's lobby and get ready for SAS and centurion spam of the Gods. Neither option is rather appealing.
Accept Roki Vulovic as your Lord and Saviour today and beware of the false prophet, Jesus Christ

Tonci87
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Tonci87 » Fri 6 Jun 2014 22:31

Countess Bathory wrote:
thrawn wrote:look how many players played WRD during beta, and how many players play it now. Each day players are leaving game. Sooner issues would be fixed (and they should be fixed a long time ago btw), sooner players stop leaving RD.

The number of players playing a game gets lower as time goes on?

Honestly the player numbers have dropped massively for such a new game.
ImageImage
German realism oriented Arma Coop Community http://www.brigade2010.de

Akula161
Master Sergeant

Postby Akula161 » Fri 6 Jun 2014 22:41

I can understand that it's pretty annoying having people "demanding" information and being rude about it, but I personally would really appreciate it if Eugen would give some kind of information about this new patch. I understand something like rebalancing tanks or any other major change would take time and effort, but I imagine there's more than 2-3 of us that feel frustrated when we don't get information because some people can't express themselves in an educated way. Is it possible we may get any hint as to this rumored next major patch?

SaitoHawkeye
First Sergeant

Postby SaitoHawkeye » Fri 6 Jun 2014 22:46

Tonci87 wrote:
Countess Bathory wrote:
thrawn wrote:look how many players played WRD during beta, and how many players play it now. Each day players are leaving game. Sooner issues would be fixed (and they should be fixed a long time ago btw), sooner players stop leaving RD.

The number of players playing a game gets lower as time goes on?

Honestly the player numbers have dropped massively for such a new game.

Do you actually have data on this? I haven't had trouble finding a game of any kind, whether it's 1v1, 3/4v3/4 or 10v10. Even Ranked is only a few minutes' wait when I play during regular hours.

BRADREY[JPN]
Private

Postby BRADREY[JPN] » Fri 6 Jun 2014 22:47

welcome to japanese world.

Red Army
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Red Army » Fri 6 Jun 2014 23:20

Countess Bathory wrote:I can agree with that though...what really kills it for me is it takes so long to find a damn game. Or you can join another team's lobby and get ready for SAS and centurion spam of the Gods. Neither option is rather appealing.

Every time a team joins my game they pick the lamest, most meta try-hard decks imaginable. 450 games played, 95% win ratio, still playing Commonwealth or Eurocorps, without specializations.

It's to the point that anyone with an 85%+ win ratio who joins my game and refuses to change from a coalition mixed deck gets banned. Scrubs can play Commonwealth. Experienced players have to man up.

Deus_Drone
First Sergeant

Postby Deus_Drone » Fri 6 Jun 2014 23:38

:roll:

zebtucker
Lieutenant

Postby zebtucker » Fri 6 Jun 2014 23:39

Red Army wrote:
Countess Bathory wrote:I can agree with that though...what really kills it for me is it takes so long to find a damn game. Or you can join another team's lobby and get ready for SAS and centurion spam of the Gods. Neither option is rather appealing.

Every time a team joins my game they pick the lamest, most meta try-hard decks imaginable. 450 games played, 95% win ratio, still playing Commonwealth or Eurocorps, without specializations.

It's to the point that anyone with an 85%+ win ratio who joins my game and refuses to change from a coalition mixed deck gets banned. Scrubs can play Commonwealth. Experienced players have to man up.

Experienced players have no problems defeating commonwealth aslong as the dont use NK moto 80 deck ....

Coffee_Zombie
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Coffee_Zombie » Fri 6 Jun 2014 23:47

raventhefuhrer wrote:
[EUG]MadMat wrote:By "fix", you mean which specific bug?

I know you get tired of hearing people say 'fix' the game, and maybe you'd prefer the terminology 'balance' the game? I also know you guys are working hard on a big patch - I'm almost sure of it, since we haven't had any notable patch this week, or the last week. As others have said, I'm increasingly convinced that you're waiting until the DLC to release the first big balance patch, complete with DLC units.

That's all great, but I wish you'd tell us a rough overview of what you guys are looking into right now, and if you're planning on releasing such a patch with the DLC, or before (or even after). I think this would dispel a lot of the worry and quiet a lot of the voices. Flippant responses like the one I quoted do the opposite.

To be honest, I think we're in a pretty dire situation right now. An enormous amount of my Wargaming friends just are not playing right now - all I see is a Steam buddy list full of ARMA 3, War Thunder, Men of War: Assault Squad 2, and others. Everyone says they're waiting for a big patch, if they plan to come back at all, and a serious amount of people just are not happy with the state of the game as is. I love this franchise, but I'm worried about it...I think most of the people who post asking about coming patches feel the same way (some are less respectful than others, sure), and that's something I don't think you recognize right now.

Yeah that is pretty much it.

yacoub
Warrant Officer

Postby yacoub » Sat 7 Jun 2014 00:04

It is true that the game needs balance patches and updates asap because player counts have dropped precipitously, but at the same time, I am sticking around in the meantime, still playing it regardless. The community right now is mostly just the diehard fans, and a few trolls that play just to TK and ruin everyone else's experience. Once balance is better and the meta improves and maybe even deck building will be made more like ALB which was much more diverse and fun to experiment with vs the heavily pre-planned, narrow feel of the RD deck restrictions... After all that is "fixed", then they need to hit the marketing hard and get back all the casual players and people that gave up on it previously.

This means they'll need more than to just put it on sale on steam, because a lot of people already own it but simply aren'y playing it. We need to get them back, so getting the word out if/when things improve, will be crucial to increasing the player population.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”