campaign question

VladK02
Sergeant Major

campaign question

Postby VladK02 » Fri 6 Jun 2014 20:11

how do i tell which unit will be able to attack in that same turn, and which units need to wait until enemy turn i guess? to fight?

example: the china and the bear campaign - at the start you can move in inf regiment to attack and the button FIGHT appears right away. you can also move the tank batallion to assit the inf, but even though the tank is in the enemy zone, it will not fight that turn, only next turn.

Same with naval fights, sometimes boats fight right away, and sometimes not.

Helo regiments seem to always fight on the turn you send them into enemy zone...

I dot get it. Someone please explain?

stratmania
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: campaign question

Postby stratmania » Fri 6 Jun 2014 20:21

VladK02 wrote:how do i tell which unit will be able to attack in that same turn, and which units need to wait until enemy turn i guess? to fight?

example: the china and the bear campaign - at the start you can move in inf regiment to attack and the button FIGHT appears right away. you can also move the tank batallion to assit the inf, but even though the tank is in the enemy zone, it will not fight that turn, only next turn.

Same with naval fights, sometimes boats fight right away, and sometimes not.

Helo regiments seem to always fight on the turn you send them into enemy zone...

I dot get it. Someone please explain?

In your turn, in a contested zone, only units that still have initiative can fight. If the enemy attacks, even if your unit does not have initiative, it will also join.
Moving costs 2 initiative. Attacking will use up all initiative for the turn.
This is why helo units can move 2 spaces and attack, while tanks need to move first and can only attack in the next turn.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”