Its not fun anymore CENT MK5 Su-100

triumph
Major

Re: Its not fun anymore CENT MK5 Su-100

Postby triumph » Sun 22 Jun 2014 20:05

The meta game before the RD closed beta hit was similar at the top. Tons of t34, cents and if you could, reservists. Oh that cat b/c on the right map just sucked the fun right outta the game along side the napalm.
Transcend Excellence

Znail
Lieutenant

Postby Znail » Sun 22 Jun 2014 20:28

Shrike wrote:
libbmaster wrote:I tried playing as one of these unkillable spammers just to see if this meta was real with a decks consisting of T-34s, SU-76Ms, SU-100s, and the PGZ-63. What I found is the the enemy team called in every artillery gun, jet, hellfire carrier, and unit they had on the wave of cheap units. The end result was that all my units were killed. Basically if you lost to cheap outdated stuff then that means the person using them was either good at sneaking his cheap units around, or the people complaining about them do not know how to counter spam.

My other theory is that the wargame community is trapped in two dimensions. The first group is trapped in a dimension of infantry spec-ops, artillery, and jet meta. The second group is trapped in the realm of the cost effective min-max "spam" meta. That, or these cheap tank spam tactics happen on 1v1, 2v2 and ranked games.

Not only did you not try the correct tactic, but you also didn't use the units in need of balancing. The cheap Russian spam is rather crappy as even IFV's with AC's can deal with them. The problem starts with the 15 points tanks with 9 AV. They take significantly more work to get rid of, far more then the 50% cost increase.

This is the problem, AV is cheap for units. +5 points gets you +6 AV, while if you want more AP on your gun then you get to spend something like +30 for +5 AP. This makes it better to get tanks with high AV rather then good guns, ie earlier versions of the tanks are more cost effective then later ones.

Doeko
Master Sergeant

Postby Doeko » Sun 22 Jun 2014 21:23

The general idea of tanks being available for 10 or 15 points has always been a problem, but it was never so bad as in RD. I don't know why this unit has to be in the game ot start with. I play RD to see modern units not old redundant ones.

deadnation
Command Sergeant Major

Postby deadnation » Sun 22 Jun 2014 21:52

i don´t know have anyone said this. If huge spams are problem they could set that you can´t have lets say more than 10 of one kind of units at time. Like you can´t have 20 centurion on map same time, just 10. When you lost unit you could of course replace it By calling in new one until you don´t have any more avaible. or maybe 15 is better number most cards have less or close 15units so you could use all units from that card but not all those centurions, this wouldn´t hurt expensive units, decrease one unit spam and bring more units to battlefield same time, of course there is problems in this but it can fix 3-4 unit spam.

What you thinks? is this good or really bad idea?

feeblezak
Lieutenant

Postby feeblezak » Sun 22 Jun 2014 22:05

Doeko wrote:The general idea of tanks being available for 10 or 15 points has always been a problem, but it was never so bad as in RD. I don't know why this unit has to be in the game ot start with. I play RD to see modern units not old redundant ones.

They were in service in the time period.
Give the MiG-19PFM its 5600m Missile back!!
If Someone could tell the drivers of the T-72M1M's and T-72B's to close their hatches, cheers.

tablefootie
Master Sergeant

Postby tablefootie » Sun 22 Jun 2014 22:23

feeblezak wrote:
Doeko wrote:The general idea of tanks being available for 10 or 15 points has always been a problem, but it was never so bad as in RD. I don't know why this unit has to be in the game ot start with. I play RD to see modern units not old redundant ones.

Maybe they should be prototyped like reservists? Since from what I understand their role in the armor is similar to reservists role in infantry.

NATO Potato
Captain

Postby NATO Potato » Sun 22 Jun 2014 22:29

tablefootie wrote:
feeblezak wrote:

Maybe they should be prototyped like reservists? Since from what I understand their role in the armor is similar to reservists role in infantry.

I agree with this statement.

though everyone would just play commonwealth

wy456
Sergeant Major

Postby wy456 » Sun 22 Jun 2014 22:40

feeblezak wrote:

Sure.. as vehicles in the driving school or as a reserve and in far fewer numbers then more modern ones, besides T-36 was decommissioned in the 60s.

Thonar

Postby Thonar » Sun 22 Jun 2014 22:49

wy456 wrote:
feeblezak wrote:

Sure.. as vehicles in the driving school or as a reserve and in far fewer numbers then more modern ones, besides T-36 was decommissioned in the 60s.

Depends on the time... in 1975 they were actually still quite common... in 1991 still in reserve.

Znail
Lieutenant

Postby Znail » Sun 22 Jun 2014 22:50

Obsolete military stuff tends to vaporise by itself due to breaking down and salvage for spare parts. If some tank or plane is listed as being in service until a specified year, then expect them to be found in minimal numbers right before the end. But the underlying problem is that the cheapo versions are the best versions, not that you can still get them.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”