Its not fun anymore CENT MK5 Su-100

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Re: Its not fun anymore CENT MK5 Su-100

Postby Shrike » Mon 30 Jun 2014 17:29

I have not seen any centurion, t-34, su-100, m113 RR spam. What games are mostly occurring in? 1v1? 2v2? Ranked? Pubs? I just want a replay for confirmation. However it seems that almost every pub game I play I do not see any of this broken meta. Whether it be spam, or just meat shield balls of death.

I've played two 10v10s, three 4v4 games, two 2v2s(with friends), a 2v1, and several games against the bots. Yet in none of those do I see people use tanks.

Since SU-100, Centurion, T-34 were all in use in the 1990s there would be little point to axing them and would gimp the minors further.

I believe the said problem is the result of mixed decks where you can take anything you want and create the ultimate fighting force. So as a solution which has been mentioned before, all the mediums need a price drop to make them look more attractive. Second is that people need to start hosting National or Coalition lobbies more in mass to encourage people to use national and coalition decks more rather than building the ultimate fighting force which creates a meta of choosing from 100 units or less. Since Scandinavia has no heavies to speak of, I really doubt there centurions would be a problem. The common wealth on the other hand has access to the Centurion, Challenger, Chimera, and an up-armored Leopard 1 which means that the common wealth deck should have a centurion availability nerf while having their stronger mediums buffed and re-priced.

Doeko
Master Sergeant

Postby Doeko » Mon 30 Jun 2014 18:17

Shrike wrote:I believe the said problem is the result of mixed decks where you can take anything you want and create the ultimate fighting force. So as a solution which has been mentioned before, all the mediums need a price drop to make them look more attractive. Second is that people need to start hosting National or Coalition lobbies more in mass to encourage people to use national and coalition decks more rather than building the ultimate fighting force which creates a meta of choosing from 100 units or less. Since Scandinavia has no heavies to speak of, I really doubt there centurions would be a problem. The common wealth on the other hand has access to the Centurion, Challenger, Chimera, and an up-armored Leopard 1 which means that the common wealth deck should have a centurion availability nerf while having their stronger mediums buffed and re-priced.

Imo the game would be best served by making national/coalition decks the default setting in lobbies (most ppl just don't think baout it and change nothing) and the enforced setting in ranked play.

Mixed decks are a gimmick and not something to center the game or balance around, as that's impossible to get working right.

Most if not all significant balance issues would be instantly fixed if the majority of people would play non-mixed decks. The bulk of the complaining players are ranked players, who are most driven to find the most competitive strategies in order to win. The problem with this game is that right now, there is only one competitive strategy and it isn't a fun one.

Closing mixed decks in ranked play would make at least 50% of the malcontents happy again (including myself).

Forimar
Captain

Postby Forimar » Mon 30 Jun 2014 18:23

Shrike wrote:I have not seen any centurion, t-34, su-100, m113 RR spam. What games are mostly occurring in? 1v1? 2v2? Ranked? Pubs? I just want a replay for confirmation. However it seems that almost every pub game I play I do not see any of this broken meta. Whether it be spam, or just meat shield balls of death.

I've played two 10v10s, three 4v4 games, two 2v2s(with friends), a 2v1, and several games against the bots. Yet in none of those do I see people use tanks.

Since SU-100, Centurion, T-34 were all in use in the 1990s there would be little point to axing them and would gimp the minors further.

I believe the said problem is the result of mixed decks where you can take anything you want and create the ultimate fighting force. So as a solution which has been mentioned before, all the mediums need a price drop to make them look more attractive. Second is that people need to start hosting National or Coalition lobbies more in mass to encourage people to use national and coalition decks more rather than building the ultimate fighting force which creates a meta of choosing from 100 units or less. Since Scandinavia has no heavies to speak of, I really doubt there centurions would be a problem. The common wealth on the other hand has access to the Centurion, Challenger, Chimera, and an up-armored Leopard 1 which means that the common wealth deck should have a centurion availability nerf while having their stronger mediums buffed and re-priced.

Im assuming you mean you have had eight games overall, and having eight real games on your belt does not make you an expert on the meta in the slightest. Keep in mind here that most players on the forums have more than a hundred and you probably won't "see any trends" when you havn't even had 10 matches. I also disagree that not all centurions should be nerfed, it does not matter what nation a mk5 is from people will still throw it in their mixed decks. Fixing the issue in pubs using the lobby settings does jack to help ranked change since Eugen seems heavily against removing mixed.

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Mon 30 Jun 2014 20:47

Forimar wrote:Im assuming you mean you have had eight games overall, and having eight real games on your belt does not make you an expert on the meta in the slightest.

Spoiler : :
Did I mention the other 104 games since post beta?

LoneRifle
Major-General

Postby LoneRifle » Mon 30 Jun 2014 21:04

I've got 200 games at least and a 90% win ratio and I have never had trouble with spamming from ground units. Is it annoying? Yea. Is it ridiculously easy to counter? Lol extremely easy.

Werner Weinhold
Sergeant

Postby Werner Weinhold » Mon 30 Jun 2014 21:54

LoneRifle wrote:I've got 200 games at least and a 90% win ratio and I have never had trouble with spamming from ground units. Is it annoying? Yea. Is it ridiculously easy to counter? Lol extremely easy.

If you want to see Cents, you should stop pubstomping. How can you even be proud of that?
NoUnit

Werner Weinhold
Sergeant

Postby Werner Weinhold » Mon 30 Jun 2014 21:57

Shrike wrote:I have not seen any centurion, t-34, su-100, m113 RR spam. What games are mostly occurring in? 1v1? 2v2? Ranked? Pubs? I just want a replay for confirmation.

Here is your replay: http://www.wargame-ee.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=155&t=46401

Watch it and then tell me again that everything is fine with Wargame at the moment ...
NoUnit

RangerPL
Major

Postby RangerPL » Mon 30 Jun 2014 22:16

LoneRifle wrote:I've got 200 games at least and a 90% win ratio and I have never had trouble with spamming from ground units. Is it annoying? Yea. Is it ridiculously easy to counter? Lol extremely easy.

I've got 400 games at least with a 180% win ratio and I say you're wrong.

NATO Potato
Captain

Postby NATO Potato » Mon 30 Jun 2014 22:22

RangerPL wrote:

I've got 400 games at least with a 180% win ratio and I say you're wrong.

my win rate is so high that it became an honorary citizen of Jamaica

Mikeboy
General

Postby Mikeboy » Mon 30 Jun 2014 22:54

My win rate is actually Jimi Hendrix.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”