When are the ships going to be fleshed out?

solaris
Lieutenant

Re: When are the ships going to be fleshed out?

Postby solaris » Tue 12 Aug 2014 01:23

Vulcan 607 wrote:Why do the soviets get 2 up to date destroyers and NATO gets 1 it doesn't seem fair.

Why does Nato get 2 AShM spam planes where the Soviets get about 1/2 of one in the MiG-29? Why are Nato the only ones who get an ATGM boat?

One to one equivalence isn't necessary.
Anecdotes do not count for game balance.

shomu1
Major-General

Postby shomu1 » Tue 12 Aug 2014 01:29

solaris wrote:
Vulcan 607 wrote:Why do the soviets get 2 up to date destroyers and NATO gets 1 it doesn't seem fair.

Why does Nato get 2 AShM spam planes where the Soviets get about 1/2 of one in the MiG-29? Why are Nato the only ones who get an ATGM boat?

I'm fine with BLUFOR getting one less AShM spam jet if it means a country can get an aircraft moved out of the naval tab back to AIR with an useful loadout.

IT IS FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

yacoub
Warrant Officer

Postby yacoub » Tue 12 Aug 2014 04:27

solaris wrote:

It seems you may have missed the Su-27SK. :)

Darth-Lampshade
Captain

Postby Darth-Lampshade » Tue 12 Aug 2014 08:31

BLUFOR AShM "spam" planes were nerfed anyway while REDFOR ships weren't. So why complain?
When in doubt blame UGBEAR.

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Tue 12 Aug 2014 17:21

solaris wrote:

Soviet Forces can get away with less variety due to nearly everything being a soviet design (bar the Czechs) but NATO forces are much more varied.
The su25utg could be given to soviet forces. But personally I want some more warships type 22 and 42 soviet krivaks and kashins. Asymmetric balance is brilliant but the game needs some proper naval forces for the balance to be worth while.

Bluecewe
Sergeant Major

Postby Bluecewe » Tue 12 Aug 2014 17:32

thenosh wrote:So what's the biggest problem with ships until now?

Well, other than the gameplay itself, I outlined my concerns that the naval implementation undermines Wargame's deck philosophy on two occasions (here and here) prior to the release of Red Dragon. I believe that it remains the case that Wargame's deck philosophy has been undermined by the manner of the naval implementation. Eugen appears to have settled upon the current naval implementation, which is unfortunate and disappointing.

QuakeRiley
Lieutenant

Postby QuakeRiley » Tue 12 Aug 2014 19:34

Just like to point something out for everyone.

http://www.wargame-rd.com/en/rd-warships.html wrote:AirLand Battle brought to battle airborne forces, but the maritime powers are now center stage in Wargame: Red Dragon. Each nation in the game therefore has a range of naval units; from modest landing craft to destroyers via frigates, corvettes and patrol vessels and/or anti-ship helicopters and planes.
"...In their Centurions, the 8th Hussars have evolved a new type of tank warfare. They taught us that anywhere a tank can go, is tank country: even the tops of mountains."

Cpt.Meatshield
Sergeant

Postby Cpt.Meatshield » Tue 12 Aug 2014 19:49

I suppose that this was the way Red Dragon Naval was planned until Eugen realized that this would be too expensive/take too long to implement and they settled with this "faction navy" concept. Rather disappointing for sure.

The game has 15 ships/boats right now per side, of which only a small number of the better ones are actually used since everyone has the same choices.

The question is: Is there a chance that there will be a serious effort to improve the marine content?

QuakeRiley
Lieutenant

Postby QuakeRiley » Tue 12 Aug 2014 19:53

Cpt.Meatshield wrote:this was

It is still live. This is false advertisement.
"...In their Centurions, the 8th Hussars have evolved a new type of tank warfare. They taught us that anywhere a tank can go, is tank country: even the tops of mountains."

Cpt.Meatshield
Sergeant

Postby Cpt.Meatshield » Tue 12 Aug 2014 20:02

I think if you count all "naval" units including ASM trucks, helicopters and airplanes. Each nation actually *has* their own naval unit. Sorry, I believe no multi-million lawsuit will work here. ;)

What am I saying. You're right. Each nation should at least have 3 ships/boats plus trucks and planes.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”