A call towards community integration

xxblackdog
Corporal

A call towards community integration

Postby xxblackdog » Sun 27 Jul 2014 20:39

I know Eugen has a lot on it's plate this week; with the ATGM bug, and the [AUTO] stat request... I thought with the Million Mile Mark it would be a good time request some community integration features. One million copies sold = a pretty decent fan base; question, why is it so hard to get a good game going with decent players/clans from around the community? Half the time we're resorting to 'in-house' games (which rocks!) but what about clan v clan play?

First, PLF, Charlemagne, Raven, the Total War guy (sorry, "Wug Pug" or something?), and a few others have done a really good job initiating new Wargame players and bringing out some formal competition. But what about integrated clan/leaderboard/community in-game? For instance, the 'clan' page on Wargame-rd.com sucks; half of those listed aren't even active. I don't know what happened to the BTR group tournaments, and I hope the TW olympics pan out. It would be nice if we had a way to keep track of good players and teams/clans in game... and to make it easier to find consistent high level players.... (i.e. party system, clan ranks, 'active' clan page, dunno... etc.). Any thoughts?

Your resident nub, xxbrackdogu -_-

raventhefuhrer
Colonel

Re: A call towards community integration

Postby raventhefuhrer » Sun 27 Jul 2014 20:58

Without a doubt we need a more vibrant community, and more community events to keep interest in the game strong. It's been hard to retain people with the screwy balance we've had to live with for two months, and now a lot of the people who wanted to give the game a second chance after the DLC saw broken ATGMs and overpowered SPAAGs and said '...nevermind...'

Unfortunately I think a lot of the community building and activities stuff can't happen until we get a more stable, workable version of the game, but it is needed.
My YouTube Channel is Raven Wargaming. Message me to request videos on certain topics.

Kin-Luu
Captain

Postby Kin-Luu » Sun 27 Jul 2014 22:48

What is also not helping is the fact, that the - already rather small - community is already divided between the conquest peasants and the total destruction master race. Both of which are additionaly divided into high- and low point fanatics, or time limit/no time limit.

fatfluffycat
Major

Postby fatfluffycat » Sun 27 Jul 2014 23:04

Kin-Luu wrote:divided between the conquest peasants and the total destruction master race

I c wat u did there
How is possible? / Thread of the Year 2015

raventhefuhrer
Colonel

Postby raventhefuhrer » Sun 27 Jul 2014 23:09

Kin-Luu wrote:What is also not helping is the fact, that the - already rather small - community is already divided between the conquest peasants and the total destruction master race. Both of which are additionaly divided into high- and low point fanatics, or time limit/no time limit.

:roll:
My YouTube Channel is Raven Wargaming. Message me to request videos on certain topics.

praslovan
Major-General

Postby praslovan » Sun 27 Jul 2014 23:16

Kin-Luu wrote:What is also not helping is the fact, that the - already rather small - community is already divided between the conquest peasants and the total destruction master race. Both of which are additionaly divided into high- and low point fanatics, or time limit/no time limit.

Oh... poor poor sitzkrieger. There there. I feel your pain.

Kin-Luu
Captain

Postby Kin-Luu » Sun 27 Jul 2014 23:37

praslovan wrote:

Oh... poor poor sitzkrieger. There there. I feel your pain.

But you are not challenging the point I made.

And by now, I would have expected, that most of the community already realized that this divide is actually there.

publord
Corporal

Postby publord » Sun 27 Jul 2014 23:45

Cool. I guess if you are into a historical reenactment of the last forty years of activity on India's Pakistan border, then destruction is a good mode

You are right about one thing though, the divide between high and low points is a cancer that kills this game. I've never seen another company implement a game with this scale in such a competent manner only to have its players want to confine it to the level of Company of Heroes

Trimen
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Trimen » Sun 27 Jul 2014 23:48

A good way to help bring the community together is via integrated VOIP.

gumpialfonso
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby gumpialfonso » Mon 28 Jul 2014 00:45

Trimen wrote:A good way to help bring the community together is via integrated VOIP.

:!:

a reason why the community isn't merged is currently noticeable on the spaag-issue.

some "pro" gamer say: "play better and you have no problem"

this is not an adult conversation...

of course i'm not interested to be a part of them...

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”