A call towards community integration

Guggy
General

Re: A call towards community integration

Postby Guggy » Wed 30 Jul 2014 08:23

Morbo wrote:When I (recently) first played this game with friends I commented that this game should have a party system like SC2, where me and my friends can join a game (and a team) as a party. Currently we have to join a game and then invite the others, hoping we can all get on the same team in time. This ends up being frustrating for everyone involved if we can't and end up quitting.

With people so fearful of team-stacking etc, wouldnt a system such as that just sort of be inneffective?

[DAY]Topspin2005
General

Postby [DAY]Topspin2005 » Wed 30 Jul 2014 08:44

Zone wrote:A good start would be to stop the "marshals" policy.

From what I see and experienced they stand for nothing but themselves in this community or only a very small group inside of it.
This way they only represent a very small part of the game, competetive conquest games in ranked games. But the majority of players here dont give anything about esports. I wouldnt wonder if most of the playerbase really just play 10vs10 at all. Also, destruction based games still seem to be the major part of running games out there.
What the marshal system lacks is support for more creative and versatile game modes and styles. Total Destruction/No Time Limit for example, which is popular among skilled but non-conquest-spam-loving players.
Wargame cannot evolve just around conquest...
Also, their testing and internal suggestions seem to bring this game nowhere at all, obviously cant find major bugs and flaws of DLCs and patches and so on.

I would vote for public betas and no more internal development forums with just the marshals included.

Sorry, but i really had to LOL about this ... because you talk about and for the "non-conquest-spam-loving players" and in the next sentence you want to tell me that you mostly like 10v10 :lol:
10v10 is really tactical with less spam - ROGER THAT! 8-)

xthetenth
First Sergeant

Postby xthetenth » Wed 30 Jul 2014 09:29

Guggy wrote:
Morbo wrote:When I (recently) first played this game with friends I commented that this game should have a party system like SC2, where me and my friends can join a game (and a team) as a party. Currently we have to join a game and then invite the others, hoping we can all get on the same team in time. This ends up being frustrating for everyone involved if we can't and end up quitting.

With people so fearful of team-stacking etc, wouldnt a system such as that just sort of be inneffective?

I think the idea is that team-stackers get matched off against each other, so it's even.

monochromatic
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby monochromatic » Wed 30 Jul 2014 12:35

Honestly, I think that would be great for Wargame, but it won't happen. The top, skilled players and biggest clans are the ones in position to change that, but I have noticed again and again how they are the ones - with some exceptions, of course - that help maintain the status quo.

I play mostly with my friends, but we play against anyone that is willing to join us, with any skill level, beginner or 90% win ratios, and we always say we are a team. I remember my encounter with steel balalaika, which was like this:

Me and a friend were in the lobby and there was this beginner on the opposing team, waiting for a teammate so we could begin. All of us were chatting and exchanging tips, when a steel balalaika guy comes in.

He then asks me to kick the beginner because he wants to bring his own teammates. No politeness, no compromising, nothing but entitlement. I told him no and he replied with something I can't remember, then leaves. I still have screenshots to prove that.

Of course this is just one case, and obviously I can't and shouldn't say all top clans and players are like this, but my repeated interactions with them tell me unfortunately these people are the ones who abuse game mechanics and flaws, OP units and min max in order to win. I personally think that Is not ok, and try to play as fair as possible.

Unfortunately, as long as the game community accept this kind of behavior, as long as cheesy tactics are encouraged (thanks to AA buff to help stop that), I don't think I want to be a part of it. I will be ok finding my own people to play with.

Countess Bathory
Colonel

Postby Countess Bathory » Wed 30 Jul 2014 12:41

Zone wrote:A good start would be to stop the "marshals" policy.

From what I see and experienced they stand for nothing but themselves in this community or only a very small group inside of it.
This way they only represent a very small part of the game, competetive conquest games in ranked games. But the majority of players here dont give anything about esports. I wouldnt wonder if most of the playerbase really just play 10vs10 at all. Also, destruction based games still seem to be the major part of running games out there.
What the marshal system lacks is support for more creative and versatile game modes and styles. Total Destruction/No Time Limit for example, which is popular among skilled but non-conquest-spam-loving players.
Wargame cannot evolve just around conquest...
Also, their testing and internal suggestions seem to bring this game nowhere at all, obviously cant find major bugs and flaws of DLCs and patches and so on.

I would vote for public betas and no more internal development forums with just the marshals included.

All I have to say:
Spoiler : :
Accept Roki Vulovic as your Lord and Saviour today and beware of the false prophet, Jesus Christ

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Wed 30 Jul 2014 12:51

The community needs some help that is for sure...
i havent seen any organized games after Duezzere's gentleman battle which was a blast
Of Salt

ChrisCullen Inc
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby ChrisCullen Inc » Wed 30 Jul 2014 12:57

another505 wrote:The community needs some help that is for sure...
i havent seen any organized games after Duezzere's gentleman battle which was a blast

I'd like to take part in a few of those too and should be free for a little while.

shuai-jan
Lieutenant

Postby shuai-jan » Wed 30 Jul 2014 13:08

Zone wrote:-stuff-

I think the butthurt is strong with this one.

Korochun
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Korochun » Wed 30 Jul 2014 13:11

Trimen wrote:A good way to help bring the community together is via integrated VOIP.

Already imagining Wargame general chat in voice format.

/shudder

[DAY]Topspin2005
General

Postby [DAY]Topspin2005 » Wed 30 Jul 2014 13:14

Korochun wrote:
Trimen wrote:A good way to help bring the community together is via integrated VOIP.

Already imagining Wargame general chat in voice format.

/shudder

:shock:

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”