Don't completely fix the ATGMS please

Rorschach
Lieutenant General

Don't completely fix the ATGMS please

Postby Rorschach » Tue 29 Jul 2014 19:16

ATGMS at the moment are broken, yes, but as a result of this, gameplay has become more mobile, more aggressive, and less campy. In short, it's great.

Although ATGMS do need to be fixed in order to validate about 30% of the games units, I think that the fixed ATGM roll count should be somewhere in between its original value, and the value it is now.
A brilliant plan from the dirtiest euro-hippie: get US players to pay me for a game that I then show them how much their military sucks so I can feel better about being a communist.

shomu1
Major-General

Re: Don't completely fix the ATGMS please

Postby shomu1 » Tue 29 Jul 2014 19:20

+1.

I like this idea.

IT IS FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

F-22
Lieutenant

Postby F-22 » Tue 29 Jul 2014 19:20

Rorschach wrote:ATGMS at the moment are broken, yes, but as a result of this, gameplay has become more mobile, more aggressive, and less campy. In short, it's great.

Although ATGMS do need to be fixed in order to validate about 30% of the games units, I think that the fixed ATGM roll count should be somewhere in between its original value, and the value it is now.

My T-72 Ural horde likes this idea.

Phips
Sergeant Major

Postby Phips » Tue 29 Jul 2014 19:22

ya it got kinda enjoyable. would welcome this too. the lack of mobility in gameplay really needs to be adressed. The increase of mobility also comes from the way stronger SPAAG. people hesitate now to call in planes to kill units within AA coverage. With atgm and planes in check this game got way more enjoyable, if now the arty was to be adressed too the game could actually be a hell lot of fun.

Still atgm need fix and I don't wanna imagine how it will look like when elite T-80UM together with BMP3 go and hunt down everything on the move. HUMVEE TOW 2 or M1A2 Abarams will look like a joke in comparision.

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mitchverr » Tue 29 Jul 2014 19:26

The problem is it would still damage alot of the less effective systems, god knows that some of the HOTs iirc, the swingfires, malwhateveritscalled and others are not in need of more fails.

Admiral Piett
Colonel

Postby Admiral Piett » Tue 29 Jul 2014 19:29

One must also remember that this heavily gimps nations that rely on heavy ATGMs rather than heavy tanks. Yeah, it is great that you get to attack move your M1A2, Chally 2, Leo 2A5 or T-72BU across a field and wipe out an entire defensive line, but it isn't fun for the China, Viking, Canada, Aussie decks who's anti-tank capabilities are 90% ATGM-based.

Phips
Sergeant Major

Postby Phips » Tue 29 Jul 2014 19:48

Mitchverr wrote:The problem is it would still damage alot of the less effective systems, god knows that some of the HOTs iirc, the swingfires, malwhateveritscalled and others are not in need of more fails.

There's more to this game than 90's games. you can't make all units useful. It would result in ridiculous price decreases. Like Striker for 20p. They're useful again when you set the lobby to 80s or 85s only.

Admiral Piett wrote:One must also remember that this heavily gimps nations that rely on heavy ATGMs rather than heavy tanks. Yeah, it is great that you get to attack move your M1A2, Chally 2, Leo 2A5 or T-72BU across a field and wipe out an entire defensive line, but it isn't fun for the China, Viking, Canada, Aussie decks who's anti-tank capabilities are 90% ATGM-based.

DLC 2 xD I auto kick people playing vikings atm. No offense but you can't play them seriously. Canada sucks by definition their army never was great to begin with. China is a whole different story though. Their stealth tanks are among the most amazing units I ever used in this game. For everythign else you got mlrs.

Darkmil
Brigadier

Postby Darkmil » Tue 29 Jul 2014 19:54

Phips wrote:DLC 2 xD I auto kick people playing vikings atm. No offense but you can't play them seriously. Canada sucks by definition their army never was great to begin with. China is a whole different story though. Their stealth tanks are among the most amazing units I ever used in this game. For everythign else you got mlrs.

You can't simply delete 5 nation of the balance because you think they are useless...
We can't leave ATGM in that state, especially because of those nations (like it or not scandies are very capable, even without the DLC, but not without ATGM's)...

RangerPL
Major

Postby RangerPL » Tue 29 Jul 2014 20:00

ATGMs are very potent in real life so it makes no sense to artificially gimp them.

A better solution IMO would be to increase their "noise" of firing, thus making them reveal their position at a greater distance.

shuai-jan
Lieutenant

Postby shuai-jan » Tue 29 Jul 2014 20:00

Missing a whole 8*salvo of high end ATGMs? No thanks, I'd rather have it fixed.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”