Don't completely fix the ATGMS please

Th3DestroyerCZ
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 352
Joined: Fri 23 Aug 2013 19:47
Contact:

Re: Don't completely fix the ATGMS please

Postby Th3DestroyerCZ » Tue 29 Jul 2014 20:48

First of all - I think that ATGMs needs to be fixed to the status before DLC because of the nations that relay on ATGMs.

Philps wrote:DLC 2 xD I auto kick people playing vikings atm. No offense but you can't play them seriously. Canada sucks by definition their army never was great to begin with. China is a whole different story though. Their stealth tanks are among the most amazing units I ever used in this game. For everythign else you got mlrs.


I can not disagree more. Before I start to tell how much I disagree with you, thank you for autokicking people that want to play as their favourite nation/homeland. That makes you a very nice person. Scandinavian Vikings can be played properly, they have great infantry and great cheap tanks. Look at Swedish and Norwegian SFs, they are just ridiculous. Canada can be also played properly with ATAMS, Highlanders, AA Centurion and Chimera which is basicly a Challenger gun mounted on something.

Philps wrote:Thats why we need mixed deck so much because there you can take all these crappy nations units and forge one good deck but instead mixed just got nuked and all is left are uber strong USA USSR and a few coalitions.


And I disagree again. I never used mixed decks (I only used them in EE because that was the only way to play the decks) and I play since EE. You can absolutely win against anything if you are good with any nation.

User avatar
DoktorvonWer
General
Posts: 5883
Joined: Sun 12 Feb 2012 11:24
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Don't completely fix the ATGMS please

Postby DoktorvonWer » Tue 29 Jul 2014 20:50

Rorschach wrote:ATGMS at the moment are broken, yes, but as a result of this, gameplay has become more mobile, more aggressive, and less campy. In short, it's great.

Although ATGMS do need to be fixed in order to validate about 30% of the games units, I think that the fixed ATGM roll count should be somewhere in between its original value, and the value it is now.


Annnnd no.

Why? It's fairly simple. If you don't have tanks that can out-gun autoloaded T-72 variant spam, and you can't use airstrikes because of uber SPAAG in every forest well beyond the capability of recon to spot, then what are you relying on to have any kind of defence (let alone offensive capability) against REDFOR armoured forces that currently dominate the battlefield?

Yes, that's right. ATGMs.
Image

duro909
Lieutenant
Posts: 1071
Joined: Sat 19 Jan 2013 22:16
Contact:

Re: Don't completely fix the ATGMS please

Postby duro909 » Tue 29 Jul 2014 20:52

Rorschach wrote:ATGMS at the moment are broken, yes, but as a result of this, gameplay has become more mobile, more aggressive, and less campy. In short, it's great.

Although ATGMS do need to be fixed in order to validate about 30% of the games units, I think that the fixed ATGM roll count should be somewhere in between its original value, and the value it is now.


-11111111111111111
Image
... and Malware-free banner too!

User avatar
Phips
Sergeant Major
Posts: 289
Joined: Mon 17 Jun 2013 20:28

Re: Don't completely fix the ATGMS please

Postby Phips » Tue 29 Jul 2014 20:53

I never said they can't be played I say they ain't competitive. yeayeayea Scandinavians got good inf and medium tanks. EVERY OTHER NATION got that too but whatever.

EE was never designed to play a nation. Every deck was mixed. Just because you like to play Nations against which I have nothing against it doesn't mean that you have to run around and destroy the game for everyone who liked mixed. That makes you not a nice person.
Last edited by OpusTheFowl on Tue 29 Jul 2014 20:54, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Inflammatory

captaincarnage
Major
Posts: 1915
Joined: Sat 29 Mar 2014 23:50
Contact:

Re: Don't completely fix the ATGMS please

Postby captaincarnage » Tue 29 Jul 2014 20:54

Don't remember anyone complaining ATGM's were a big game play issue before the patch so why the need to Nerf them now?

Is this suggestion good for gameplay? Only if your favorite deck or faction doesn't rely to some extent on decent ATGM's :| I would suggest
Is this authentic? Definitely not

Basically most people who have noticed the problem has ditched currently pretty useless ground launched ATGM's and are now running around with shorter ranged less specialised weapons eg nade launchers and auto cannon until the problem is fixed, these tend to be used in a more offensive role if vehicle mounted which is possibly why things appear more fluid.

However the following things have also changed since the DLC/Balance patch - artillery is now more widely available and effective for REDFOR - if you don't have ATACMS in your deck (and the ability and patience to use it effectively) the next best solution is probably all out attack as static units for Bluefor in particular are more vulnerable, auto cannons are now more effective, as a very general rule they're mounted on mobile units such as LAV's and helicopters which tend to reward aggressive all be it micro'd over static use, at least until you get b1tch slapped by a Tunguska in the case of helicopters.
I hope your buratino's die screaming.

User avatar
Phips
Sergeant Major
Posts: 289
Joined: Mon 17 Jun 2013 20:28

Re: Don't completely fix the ATGMS please

Postby Phips » Tue 29 Jul 2014 21:00

captaincarnage wrote:Don't remember anyone complaining ATGM's were a big game play issue before the patch so why the need to Nerf them now?.


Game got way more mobile.

User avatar
NATO Potato
Captain
Posts: 1691
Joined: Sun 20 Jan 2013 01:22

Re: Don't completely fix the ATGMS please

Postby NATO Potato » Tue 29 Jul 2014 21:02

except it's now more mobile because people actually use tanks, rather than armored boxes on treads that go 30km/h off road

captaincarnage
Major
Posts: 1915
Joined: Sat 29 Mar 2014 23:50
Contact:

Re: Don't completely fix the ATGMS please

Postby captaincarnage » Tue 29 Jul 2014 21:06

NATO Potato wrote:except it's now more mobile because people actually use tanks, rather than armored boxes on treads that go 30km/h off road


Oh yeah forgot about tanks - the medium ones are actually useful now (and it feels glorious)!
I hope your buratino's die screaming.

User avatar
Darkstar387
Warrant Officer
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed 19 Feb 2014 16:36
Location: Tower on the 38th Parallel
Contact:

Re: Don't completely fix the ATGMS please

Postby Darkstar387 » Tue 29 Jul 2014 21:12

-1 Also.
Without the ATGM, the tank has no natural predators. The ecosystem is unbalanced, tanks will eventually eat everything in sight and leave nothing left for the infantry. Entire species will starve due to an uncontrolled tank population :lol: :lol: :lol: .

I agree that game is more mobile, and players are enjoying it more because they're experiencing more successful assaults. Armor currently dominates the field because ATGM's have been effectively removed from the equation, and air assets are difficult to position with the increased effectiveness of AA artillery. However in the games current sate, an entire category of units has become useless and the countries that rely solely on them to counter armor have been dealt a crippling blow. The Red Dragons lost a few of their teeth.

User avatar
Bullfrog
General
Posts: 5308
Joined: Sat 11 Aug 2012 23:48
Contact:

Re: Don't completely fix the ATGMS please

Postby Bullfrog » Tue 29 Jul 2014 21:18

Darkstar387 wrote:Without the ATGM, the tank has no natural predators.



As far as I'm aware no one is suggesting making the ATGM useless.
Does not affiliate with members who post in #MakeAmericaGreatAgain
Image

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 42 guests