Chieftan rof

chemist1
Sergeant First-Class

Chieftan rof

Postby chemist1 » Sat 23 Aug 2014 21:00

Since the introduction of the auto loader and increases of accuracy of all tanks, the chieftain losses out.
To be competitive the chieftain needs +1 rof to 7, the Patton, leopard 1 and early amx all have good accuracy and rof 8.

The equivalent soviet armor have auto loaders (constant rof) with slightly lower accuracy, tanks that will hit the chieftain more and kill them.
Furthermore the chieftains are very suitable to being swarmed because of a low rof.

So I ask if anyone is willing to support this change.

DoktorvonWer
General

Re: Chieftan rof

Postby DoktorvonWer » Sat 23 Aug 2014 21:01

It is well known and discussed. Check the British Army thread.

We're waiting on the next patch... Which may one day arrive.

Thonar

Postby Thonar » Sat 23 Aug 2014 21:11

chemist1 wrote:Since the introduction of the auto loader and increases of accuracy of all tanks, the chieftain losses out.
To be competitive the chieftain needs +1 rof to 7, the Patton, leopard 1 and early amx all have good accuracy and rof 8.

Always the nationalist...

... trust, the upcoming changes will really help these "small" tanks.

ilyaoz
Corporal

Postby ilyaoz » Sat 23 Aug 2014 21:34

Soviet tanks have "slightly" lower accuracy? LOL

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mitchverr » Sat 23 Aug 2014 21:40

ilyaoz wrote:Soviet tanks have "slightly" lower accuracy? LOL

If you compare them to the chieftain series they pretty much do price for price (currently those in the same price cat outrange chieftain or have an accuracy difference of around 10% or so with a rof of constant 8, 2 above the max of chieftain or are supposed to, iirc theres a bug in there and they still outperform chieftains from what i have seen).

But yeah, i hope that the patch told of coming "soon" fixes them, i have to be honest, i have not seen a single chieftain in a game since the big patch, has anyone seen them used?

501stJFW
First Sergeant

Postby 501stJFW » Sat 23 Aug 2014 21:47

UK deck is absolutely awful to play as right now, Chieftain being absolutely terribad is part of the reason. A RoF buff to 8 is seriously needed.

That said, British tanks are still fairly good, the Challenger line isn't too bad as the base Mk1 has 19 armour. What UK sorely lacks is infantry support and ground based ATGMs (swingfires lol), and to a lesser extend AA.

Or you can just play commonwealth, which solves all your problems.

smyljr
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby smyljr » Sun 24 Aug 2014 08:10

i find the mk2 cheiftans have pretty good armor for their price, and 20 a card. they fill the line pretty darn well.

but, i definitely wouldn't use a cheiftan to try and kill something that could shoot back, seen too many top level games decided when a cheiftan mk.11 gets popped while reloading.
:mid-match connecting(matchmaking), LoS bubble(Ruse), interchangeable loadouts, moving in formations different ranges for altitudes, 1$ price increments, tank/copter ecm, 5/6 weapon slots, and 10 player deathmatch nukemode

JBravo
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby JBravo » Sun 24 Aug 2014 08:13

Wasnt the Chieftain series the only tanks to actually get a nerf in the DLC patch?

keebs63
Brigadier

Postby keebs63 » Sun 24 Aug 2014 08:22

501stJFW wrote:What UK sorely lacks is infantry support

The UK has the best national infantry section in the game... so what are you complaining about?
and ground based ATGMs (swingfires lol),

Milan 2s and Stormers? Although I do admit it could use a bit of refinement, but the Lynx 3 and Harrier GR.7 fit the bill pretty nicely.
and to a lesser extend AA.[/quote]
Wat. Tracked Rapiers and Tracked Rapier FSAs are like some of the best medium range missile systems in the game, they fire off 8 missiles in 8 seconds. Did you forget about the Marksmans too? Accurate, powerful, and extremely armored with a decent RoF. Stormers have great range and good accuracy combined with good mobility. Javelins aren't too bad either. Not to mention SAS with Stingers...

Play the game before you post.
"arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarted" -Someone, somewhere in Wargame Chat 2015

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Sun 24 Aug 2014 08:43

501stJFW wrote:UK deck is absolutely awful to play as right now, Chieftain being absolutely terribad is part of the reason. A RoF buff to 8 is seriously needed.

That said, British tanks are still fairly good, the Challenger line isn't too bad as the base Mk1 has 19 armour. What UK sorely lacks is infantry support and ground based ATGMs (swingfires lol), and to a lesser extend AA.

Or you can just play commonwealth, which solves all your problems.

What?? Chieftain will be fixed (hopefully)
Infantry support is good, you have avre trailing behind your challengers to panic the enemy tanks
swingfire (well, you have milan 2)

extend AA is a problem, but can be solved with eurofighters/tornado
rapiers (fsa) are great against plane trains
Of Salt

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”