Chieftan rof

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Chieftan rof

Postby Mitchverr » Sun 24 Aug 2014 08:51

another505 wrote:swingfire (well, you have milan 2)

What makes me sad is how it could work better and it would be authentic, sigh.

But yeah, beyond the swingfire fail and the chieftain fail, UK is pretty good, the only other issues are what all have issues with, ie their light tanks and armoured cars dont work no more.

Brutoni
Colonel

Postby Brutoni » Sun 24 Aug 2014 12:00

Chieftain line is getting a buff. However the other bluefor tanks like Leo series, Patton etcetera are also getting a buff. This means the Chieftain buff comes as an effective neef compared to every other bluefor tank..

In CW the Leo's from Canada and ANZAC will hands down be the better option.

In mixed there are a ton of better options.

In UK you will have to make do with them.
ImageImage

duro909
Lieutenant

Postby duro909 » Sun 24 Aug 2014 12:03

Chieftain line is going to get a buff?
One of the most cost effective line is going to be buffed?
Well I dont know then...

Which other tank lines are going to recieve a buff?
Will be there only Blufor or also some Redfor tanks?
... and Malware-free banner too!

Brutoni
Colonel

Postby Brutoni » Sun 24 Aug 2014 12:22

duro909 wrote:Chieftain line is going to get a buff?
Well I dont know then...

Do you play the game at all? The most effective line in the recent patch was turned into the 1st or 2nd worst line for BLUEFOR. Coupled with the addition of autloaders for REDFOR it hands down loses in a straight up fight to most tanks (inauthentic)..... which is the only thing it can do due to having poor speed and autonomy stats (authentic)

duro909 wrote:Will be there only Blufor or also some Redfor tanks?

Your precious REDFOR tanks which got huge buffs in the patch are getting buffed again. Don't worry.
ImageImage

Majorpain
Master Sergeant

Postby Majorpain » Sun 24 Aug 2014 12:44

keebs63 wrote:
501stJFW wrote:Milan 2s and Stormers? Although I do admit it could use a bit of refinement, but the Lynx 3 and Harrier GR.7 fit the bill pretty nicely.
and to a lesser extend AA.

Wat. Tracked Rapiers and Tracked Rapier FSAs are like some of the best medium range missile systems in the game, they fire off 8 missiles in 8 seconds. Did you forget about the Marksmans too? Accurate, powerful, and extremely armored with a decent RoF. Stormers have great range and good accuracy combined with good mobility. Javelins aren't too bad either. Not to mention SAS with Stingers...

Play the game before you post.

Rapier was changed to Guided, Stormers are not greatly accurate in game i find and Javelins are awful at killing jets and get a B for killing helis.

If your going to put play the game before you post at least make it accurate!

chemist1
Sergeant First-Class

Postby chemist1 » Sun 24 Aug 2014 12:51

How do you know they are getting a buff ?

The chieftain is so slow it should have the fire power to savage anyone who gets into range.
Two piece ammo isn't that slow to load.

duro909
Lieutenant

Postby duro909 » Sun 24 Aug 2014 13:10

Brutoni wrote:
Well I dont know then...

Do you play the game at all? The most effective line in the recent patch was turned into the 1st or 2nd worst line for BLUEFOR. Coupled with the addition of autloaders for REDFOR it hands down loses in a straight up fight to most tanks (inauthentic)..... which is the only thing it can do due to having poor speed and autonomy stats (authentic)

Your precious REDFOR tanks which got huge buffs in the patch are getting buffed again. Don't worry.

Well, I didnt played british nor comonwealth since patch.
I just looked into armory and I dont think they are one of those worst tank lines in game.
Chieftain M11 is in perfect position, 60%acc and 19AP for 85pts is fine.
However, I agree that other tanks in line needs rebalancing.
Chieftain M10 should use 5-10pts price decrease, M5 and M2 should also use at least 5pts price decrease.

And for your own experience, Redfor tanks are not "my precious" because I am not pure redfor player.
I dont understand why you guys (mostly british :D) must immediatelly insult and attack somebody personally.
You should handle your national bias next time ;)
... and Malware-free banner too!

GBNATO
General

Postby GBNATO » Sun 24 Aug 2014 13:14

God Brutoni, check your privilege :roll:

edthebeast
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby edthebeast » Sun 24 Aug 2014 13:17

duro909 wrote:
Brutoni wrote:
Well I dont know then...

Well, I didnt played british nor comonwealth since patch.
I just looked into armory and I dont think they are one of those worst tank lines in game.
Chieftain M11 is in perfect position, 60%acc and 19AP for 85pts is fine.
However, I agree that other tanks in line needs rebalancing.
Chieftain M10 should use 5-10pts price decrease, M5 and M2 should also use at least 5pts price decrease.

And for your own experience, Redfor tanks are not "my precious" because I am not pure redfor player.
I dont understand why you guys (mostly british :D) must immediatelly insult and attack somebody personally.
You should handle your national bias next time ;)

all the stats are fine, except 6 rof. AFAIK chieftain should have at least 7, maybe 8, for authenticity reasons (ask brutoni not me). Also, 6 rof means it loses to most redfor tanks which aren't the T-62, and it loses to pretty much everything with an autoloader, because its rof soon becomes about 2 when panicked. Obviously my eyes are clouded by "national bias" and because I am a Brit I am being offensive and insulting, so I apologise :roll:
The only (probably) sane player to take a card of Akulas voluntarily..... UNTIL RED DRAGON!

Majorpain
Master Sergeant

Postby Majorpain » Sun 24 Aug 2014 13:18

Chieftain line (even mk11) get chewed up by equally priced Redfor tanks! 6RPM vs Autoloader means your better off with Challengers which can at least take hits.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”