Patriot AA

Mazz
Second-Lieutenant

Re: Patriot AA

Postby Mazz » Fri 29 Aug 2014 21:20

praslovan wrote:
Mazz wrote:father

Eh? Father son and holy spirit? Fatter? Faster? Further?

Confusing

The joys of phone posting, fixed that.

But the point is you guys need To relax and wait for the DLC to drop, because you might not know the whole story.
Last edited by Mazz on Fri 29 Aug 2014 21:21, edited 1 time in total.

Regnar
Lieutenant

Postby Regnar » Fri 29 Aug 2014 21:21

What if we're all being trolled and the Patriot is a naval unit meant to intercept AShMs?

I WUB PUGS
Lieutenant

Postby I WUB PUGS » Fri 29 Aug 2014 21:23

Just make Patriot really hard to counter. Let it have some absurd range that can't even be countered by SEAD (isn't this the rumor?). Make it expensive. Make the missiles supply intensive and make it low availability.

Unless it is HE 10 with super high accuracy then you're going to have to put probably 2 or more (if possible) out there to take down a plane in one salvo.

Don't buff anyone's SEAD to counter the Patriot. Just deal with it being a one sided unit that has special abilities.

There will be some serious tears if it is even remotely OP. Hell, even if it shoots down one plane I expect there to be tears, but if this going to be a say 5700m, 120 point, HE 10, high accuracy SAM then well, its expensive and its unique and it can still be beaten by SEAD............... just have to feed it something cheaper to eat that first missile.

Personally I hope its got an insane range, highest possible HE, high accuracy and like 1 per card at medium vet and only 2 cards possible. Its just going to be a buffer version of the HAWK, that's all. I really didn't see a need for this. Had hoped for non-STAT mobile AA to help the Abrams Train.

Honestly now that I'm thinking about it you can probably counter this really hard with some creative Air Spam. Target some tanks or whatever with Su-27 and that draws the fire of the Pats but you've got a BM coming up behind taking free shots at these things with a decent chance for the Su-27 to get away unless it eats the first missile. Still decent trade if you lose the Sukhoi if you can kill both Pats. Win the points and the tactical battle.

I think US Air Defense is still largely reliant on F-15C and F-16 Block 52+. Patriot addition probably won't change much other than the forum erupting in tears and demands for S300.

Regnar wrote:What if we're all being trolled and the Patriot is a naval unit meant to intercept AShMs?

LOL. Wouldn't be surprised..............except for that screenshot, but Blue Navy needs help with the Red ASM spam for sure. Batteries of Pats on all the islands!

praslovan
Major-General

Postby praslovan » Fri 29 Aug 2014 21:26

Mazz wrote:But the point is you guys need To relax and wait for the DLC to drop, because you might not know the whole story.
Well, once it hits, what is the chance it gets a patch if it turns out to throw balance off a bit too much?

And I don't see someone panicking around here.

Except Regnar is definitely on something. Still not panicking though. :lol:

praslovan
Major-General

Postby praslovan » Fri 29 Aug 2014 21:34

I WUB PUGS wrote:Unless it is HE 10 with super high accuracy then you're going to have to put probably 2 or more (if possible) out there to take down a plane in one salvo.
It doesn't need to take down a plane. It is enough to heavily damage it morally and physically. Don't forget that US still has strong air force that should be better than anything Reds can muster right? I mean that is how situation was described to us initially.

I WUB PUGS wrote:Don't buff anyone's SEAD to counter the Patriot. Just deal with it being a one sided unit that has special abilities.
It just opens a Pandora box if you start using special abilities term. Because suddenly every one will want special abilities for their units.

I WUB PUGS wrote:just have to feed it something cheaper to eat that first missile.
Yes that will be something that will be a must. However should you really be forced to sacrifice a deck slot solely to counter Patriot? I mean sure cluster MLRSs are the way to counter it. BUT. It is wheeled.

Random
Captain

Postby Random » Fri 29 Aug 2014 21:46

Iris wrote:Well 5000 meters seems fine, the Patriot out-ranged a lot of SEAD missiles ingame, and those that outrange it would be fine at 5250m.

5000m anti-plane
No Anti-helo
65% accuracy
HE 9

Something like 90-100 points max.

It won't break the game like a lot of you think it will,

I don`t even...

I have nothing to say.

thenosh
Lieutenant

Postby thenosh » Fri 29 Aug 2014 22:09

:evil:
Last edited by [EUG]MadMat on Fri 29 Aug 2014 22:11, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Useless
"Where is my T-80UK CV with top mounted BUK-M1?"

-Wargame global chat, somewhen somewhere-

Iris
Brigadier

Postby Iris » Fri 29 Aug 2014 22:14

Compare it to the 85 point Buk-M1 and tell me how it'll be so imbalanced at 90-100?

Present an argument. We already have 4550m SAMs, would a 5000m SAM really break the game as we know it ruining the existence of all mankind?

Rorschach
Lieutenant General

Postby Rorschach » Fri 29 Aug 2014 22:15

Iris wrote:Compare it to the 85 point Buk-M1 and tell me how it'll be so imbalanced at 90-100?

Present an argument. We already have 4550m SAMs, would a 5000m SAM really break the game as we know it ruining the existence of all mankind?

Regardless of gameplay impact, it shouldn't be in. If Eugen added an alien spaceship, but it was reasonably priced and only moderately powerful, would you be ok with that?
A brilliant plan from the dirtiest euro-hippie: get US players to pay me for a game that I then show them how much their military sucks so I can feel better about being a communist.

TwojaStara
First Sergeant

Postby TwojaStara » Fri 29 Aug 2014 22:17

Eugen, WTF? It hurts my eyes! How many weapons with max 80km range do you plan to put on 10km^2 maps?
a) Migs 31 with R33, F14 with AIM54 - both of those are useless
b) ships/planes with Harpoon missiles limited to 8-9km?
c) ATACMS as a Lance successor (but no SCUDs!)
d) now.. Patriot , having no S300V... worse, again just the launcher not radars/infrastructure, etc

What do we miss to be even more inauthentic?
1) B1B or B2A?
2) SS18 Satan ICBMs?
3) Typhoon class subs launching nukes at Hueys?