New version (v574)

CandyMan
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: New version (v574)

Postby CandyMan » Tue 2 Sep 2014 16:45

paccojl wrote:new unit, better stats, same price
balanced!!!

I think that picture says it all really.
Your standard pinko Commie swine...
Rabidnid wrote:NK has a veritable cornucopia of mediocrity to choose from when it comes to inexpensive vehicular recon!

hanspeter_schnitzel
Command Sergeant Major

Postby hanspeter_schnitzel » Tue 2 Sep 2014 16:46

The only issue I have so far are the heaver deck restrictions on basically all decks especially when it comes to recon. You can't tell me that Luchs (and whatever other armored, wheeled, recon vehicle there is) isn't used in armored divisions. Nor can it be true that they wouldn't have recon jeeps or something. A few prices of some units are odd, yeah. The issue with the Marder 2 costing only 30 is.. understandable. Perhaps they should put it into the vehicle tab because if they would increase the price nobody would buy it anymore, IF it still transports infantry. Since then you have to pay for both, while you only want the vehicle.

Make it a German Comvat basically?

EDIT: I love how I wrote this while the person above me wrote the Comvat vs Marder 2 comparison.

DanJLloyd
Sergeant Major

Postby DanJLloyd » Tue 2 Sep 2014 16:46

balanced!!!

Transports are always cheaper than their vehicles counterparts. Check for balance against another non-ATGM transport.

Solo
Brigadier

Postby Solo » Tue 2 Sep 2014 16:49

People thought my Scandy Mech CV90 opening rush rape trains were unstoppable....

Wait til they see my Eurocorps Mech :twisted: :twisted:

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Tue 2 Sep 2014 16:51

balanced!!!

Keeping comparing transport and non-transport price is both useless and endless.
And work both ways ...

thenosh
Lieutenant

Postby thenosh » Tue 2 Sep 2014 16:54

SirScorpion wrote:
thenosh wrote:
[EUG]MadMat wrote:
American Nighthawk now carry 2 Paveway III bombs instead of 1.

Now let's unleash the Prophets of Doom ... :twisted:

One question: Why?

I'm not complaining or anything, since I didn't get the chance to try it out yet... just would like to know the reason behind this.

Only US plane to have more than 30% of its possible load out?

1 of those is already 50%.
"Where is my T-80UK CV with top mounted BUK-M1?"

-Wargame global chat, somewhen somewhere-

Mobius
Lieutenant

Postby Mobius » Tue 2 Sep 2014 16:55

Kraxis wrote:Ever since the big change I have wondered at the AMX-30 line. They used to be the only rather good mediums. Then the Leo1 got it's buff/change so it too was good. But the AMX-30 line didn't really change much, and as such it was suddenly not good. As much as I have hailed at the 'super AMX - bad Leo' situation, I feel the pendulum might have swung to the other side.
Of course, it might be that the AMX-30 tanks aren't really supposed to be as good, just like such 'imbalances' exists within various decks/nations.

But nevertheless this was a buff for the AMX. So let's not sell it short just yet.

I actually agree with you that the pendulum swings a bit too much in the favor of the Leo 1 now. The changes to the Leo were long overdue and completely justified, but as a result it seems that for the same price, the Leo 1s are usually the better choice, and the new RoF advantage for the Leo doesn't help that divide. I think a good fix to that would be a slight price reduction to the AMX line. Nothing big, just enough to make them a bit more competitive.

As for the RoF, it's just that I don't get the difference between the two. I mean, I can understand the M60 getting 10 RoF, it makes sense: The turret is bigger, so there's more space to operate the gun. The downsize for this is a bigger profile. So in the end, the M60 has 10 RoF but at the cost of a bigger size. Makes sense.
I don't get why the Leo 1 should get the same RoF though. IMO, both the AMX-30s and the Leo 1s should have 9 RoF, and the M60 sould stay at 10. Would make for bettre balance I think (unless there's a reason for the Leo 1s to have a higher RoF than the AMX-30s).

Sweedish_Gunner
Brigadier

Postby Sweedish_Gunner » Tue 2 Sep 2014 16:56

Sgt._Pepper wrote:
More Units are available to motorized mechanized and armored decks to make them more interesting to use.

Could someone make an example of that for REDFOR?? It's seems like all my specialized REDFOR are missing half their units now, like the T-72S for mech, chinese AA for mech and armoured, etc...

Yeah...no. A lot of decks have lost quite a few units and gained ATGM jeeps and some more recon options...yay. :roll:

Super67
Sergeant

Postby Super67 » Tue 2 Sep 2014 16:57

Czech. T-55 Dyna autonomy increased to 700km to match other T-55

HAHA! That's pretty fast!

Thunder
Corporal

Postby Thunder » Tue 2 Sep 2014 16:59

[EUG]MadMat wrote:
balanced!!!

Keeping comparing transport and non-transport price is both useless and endless.
And work both ways ...

Lol, BMP-3 almost got no armor, and AVRE got 8 HE.
But it's sarcasm, I know it.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”