[SOLO] 2nd Korean War campaign (feedbacks)

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

[SOLO] 2nd Korean War campaign (feedbacks)

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Fri 5 Sep 2014 16:21

We are looking for your feedbacks on the new DLC campaign : Second Korean War.
Therefore, would be grateful if those of you whom have played it could answer the questions below.

1- Did you complete this campaign ?
2- How do you assess its interest, compare to the other campaigns ?
3- How do you assess its difficulty, compare to the other campaigns ?
4- What are the good points of Second Korean War ?
5- What are the bad points ?
6- How do you assess its length ?

In order for us to be able to gather your feedbacks more easily, we will ask you to only post once per person and not to comment on other player's posts, as we want to keep this as clear as possible.
If you want to debate, compare tactics, seek help or provide advice about it, you can do it in a dedicated thread in the forum.

Thanks for those of you whom could take the time to give us their impressions about it ...

EUGEN TEAM

praslovan
Major-General

Re: [SOLO] 2nd Korean War campaign (feedbacks)

Postby praslovan » Fri 5 Sep 2014 16:22

1- No.
4 - Intro video.
2,5 - It is not played from Glorious Korea point which makes it meh. Also, no co-op or versus. Those static plot screens are also IMO obnoxiously bad. Another bad point about it is also that it was made instead resources being spend on overall MP aspect of the game (not just for new units) which IMO needs more attention than SP.
Last edited by praslovan on Fri 5 Sep 2014 16:34, edited 6 times in total.

Hartmann
Lieutenant

Postby Hartmann » Fri 5 Sep 2014 16:25

Don't know if this is relevant feedback, but I would've played it if it was coop.

There's no reason for me to play it in its current form.

LoneRifle
Major-General

Postby LoneRifle » Fri 5 Sep 2014 16:31

I would have def played it if it was co-op. Now I just went to watch the intro video and get my tail handed to me by Sov spam.

Scottfitzz
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Scottfitzz » Fri 5 Sep 2014 16:32

1- Not fully but i ran through it to see how it was set up and what accessible Brigades & units and to the end of turn 22 :D
2- this campaign personally compared to the rest of the games campaigns... is my favorite. Great Storyline, Great Brigades and Units, Loved the story of the UN ceasefire at turn 22 and the challenger to capture Pyongyang which was a great challenge.
3- I personally found it harder then a lot of the other campaigns, much harder then the Pearl of the Orient for Example, which made it fun but challenging
4- Fantastic Storyline, The Ability Deploy UK Forces (3 Commando Brigade, Mixed Commonwealth Airborne Brigade) even though there flag isn't represented on the National Flags of the Story unlike Canada which barely gets into the campaign...
5- No Mechanized or Armoured Brigade Access from the UK, ANZAC or Canada (Which honestly totally surprised me a lot)
6- i personally thought its length was just right to keep it fun
"Ich Dien"

another505

Postby another505 » Fri 5 Sep 2014 16:38

1- I played a bit

2- The background was interesting, but I was disappointed to see it was blufor side again. We had busan pocket already being blufor. Sure there are more factions for blufor to play. but wont it be more interesting to use norh korea to fight so many factions instead?

Hongkong was definitely my fav. as I was there when it happened although very young, i did remember watching tv on the ceremony of HK returning to china. I am born in Macau, right next to HK, later we rejoined china too

However, again blufor, I was quite raised to hate imperialism, and what is more joy to kick out the darn brits that ruined our great empire with its fifthly opiums. Besides, UN was in active decolonialism, they would not have supported UK hard tactic against china
This campaign felt like the Brits deserved to stay there......actually made me disgusted

also no coop

3- Difficulty?
I like the first navy battle, it was a toughy. But then i dont have much experience on navy since multiplayer is terrible with it personally
Good points? Well extra campaign for one

5- Bad points?
It ruined red dragon coalition. Is like giving the MSTA to eurocorp and not getting either caesar or pzh2000 because of campaign reasons.
It made a totally inauthentic north korean nations thanks to this

6- havent finished it
Last edited by [EUG]MadMat on Fri 5 Sep 2014 16:44, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to add the question #
Of Salt

[EUG]MadMat

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Fri 5 Sep 2014 16:41

So, no co-op, duly noted.

This poll being about people whom have actually played the campaign, I'll remove the next unrealted answers as off-topic ones.

Breo77
Staff Sergeant

Postby Breo77 » Fri 5 Sep 2014 16:47

[EUG]MadMat wrote:We are looking for your feedbacks on the new DLC campaign : Second Korean War.
Therefore, would be grateful if those of you whom have played it could answer the questions below.

In order for us to be able to gather your feedbacks more easily, we will ask you to only post once per person and not to comment on other player's posts, as we want to keep this as clear as possible.
If you want to debate, compare tactics, seek help or provide advice about it, you can do it in a dedicated thread in the forum.

Thanks for those of you whom could take the time to give us their impressions about it ...

EUGEN TEAM

1.In progress
2.more interesting than previus ones
3.the difficult seems to be Right for me.similar to campaigns 3 And 4.maybe a little bit more difficult.
4.the history,lots of units and battlegroups,...
5.maybe the naval battles arent as good as they could be.until now i like the campaign a lot.
6.well i like long campaigns(like total war )100 turns or more Will be great.
Thank You And good Job Eugen.

Mumbles
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Mumbles » Fri 5 Sep 2014 17:02

1. No. I burned through to the Chinese chopper unit. AI screwed me over and Kim Il Sung got away, so I gave up, I'll try it again at a later date.

2. It has a far better design, generally. The units you can call in are varied in both cost and quality, and every single one has a use. This, coupled with actually having enough points per turn to call more than a handful of things in, makes it pretty fun and adds a huge element of replayability.

3. Difficulty is what it is. Not gonna comment on the AI. For the record, any "difficult" situations or scenarios are easily cheesed. Once you learn the patterns you can't lose.

4. It's huge in scale, which is an enormous step forwards. There are plenty of factions in play which means you should either use or come up against most units in the game. Also the flavor text on the unit cards, and the unit names themselves, are neat.

5. Honestly, there are too many to count. No co-op, AI is laughable, those static dialogue screens are nowhere near as polished as other parts of the game UI, no strategic assets (from the ALB campaign), inability to play from the REDFOR point of view, lack of units added in the new DLC, you're forced to play naval maps (and in turn just hide behind an island and spam AShM jets until the timer runs out), etcetera. But those are mostly flaws inherent with the entire campaign system of Red Dragon. Fixing them would require a complete overhaul, which obviously nobody is expecting.

6. The length was a big improvement, but I think it's still far too short. I'd love to see more content, more battlegroups, more random events, more ALB strategic elements, things like that. Anything that makes each day longer and more fun to play is well worth adding.

schurem
Staff Sergeant

Postby schurem » Fri 5 Sep 2014 17:06

Nope, working on it.

Obviously the Big One, the one the game was built for. Its size and scope make it the most interesting but also the most daunting.

I Find it quite a bit harder than the two I played previously, Mount Narodnaja and Busan Perimeter.

I really love the size and scope, as well as the despair that is oozing out of the first couple turns.

There is no RedFor version of it.

Seems to be pretty long, which is awesome.

Overall I'm having a whale of a time with it. Thanks a bunch Eugene!

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”