Why is the SuperCobra's unarmored?

Poptart Lover
Lieutenant

Why is the SuperCobra's unarmored?

Postby Poptart Lover » Sat 6 Sep 2014 08:52

I was going looking on youtube Lock'n Load because I love that show, and I found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdwBx_CyXy4 It tells at 14:45 that the AH-1 Cobras had armor on the sides, why is this not represented in the game? Or is this video even true about the AH-1?
Image I don't support 100x PX size!

Forimar
Captain

Re: Why is the SuperCobra's unarmored?

Postby Forimar » Sat 6 Sep 2014 08:58

Poptart Lover wrote:I was going looking on youtube Lock'n Load because I love that show, and I found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdwBx_CyXy4 It tells at 14:45 that the AH-1 Cobras had armor on the sides, why is this not represented in the game? Or is this video even true about the AH-1?

Lol I'm not sure a "bullet resistant kevlar capsule" qualifies as armor in game compared to whats on Mi24s, Apaches, etc.
Even then armor on helos is more or less useless unless you make a habit of flying your gunships within 500m of enemy infantry.

Poptart Lover
Lieutenant

Postby Poptart Lover » Sat 6 Sep 2014 09:51

Forimar wrote:
Poptart Lover wrote:I was going looking on youtube Lock'n Load because I love that show, and I found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdwBx_CyXy4 It tells at 14:45 that the AH-1 Cobras had armor on the sides, why is this not represented in the game? Or is this video even true about the AH-1?

Lol I'm not sure a "bullet resistant kevlar capsule" qualifies as armor in game compared to whats on Mi24s, Apaches, etc.
Even then armor on helos is more or less useless unless you make a habit of flying your gunships within 500m of enemy infantry.

Any helicopter with armor can usually survive unscaved by small arms fire unless it's a lot of .50s. I have an adiction of flying my Apache's over the enemy infantry and massacring them, with taking 1 damage. And Bullet resistant kevalr would qualify as armor, it would stop all 7.62mm rounds.

I think 1 armor just on sides should be on supercobras.

Norim0101
Warrant Officer

Postby Norim0101 » Sat 6 Sep 2014 09:53

I'm not sure about it, but since it has armour in real life, it might have that ee style ivisible armour(aka 0 armour but some protection against small arms)

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Sat 6 Sep 2014 10:26

Helo's without armor tend to die too fast to small arms in general, but I imagine its just how the game works tbh.

The Cobra doesnt deserve to be armored at least, IMO. It was never the intention for it to be heavily armored.

Poptart Lover
Lieutenant

Postby Poptart Lover » Sat 6 Sep 2014 10:30

Guggy wrote:Helo's without armor tend to die too fast to small arms in general, but I imagine its just how the game works tbh.

The Cobra doesnt deserve to be armored at least, IMO. It was never the intention for it to be heavily armored.

True, but would 1 side armor really be that heavily armored? It would still be very vulnerable because of the front side., and remember we're not talking about all Cobras here, just the Super Cobras.

Scanny
Sergeant Major

Postby Scanny » Sat 6 Sep 2014 10:56

Poptart Lover wrote:
Forimar wrote:
Poptart Lover wrote:Any helicopter with armor can usually survive unscaved by small arms fire unless it's a lot of .50s.

kek, you have no idea what you are talking about. Helicopters are incredibly fragile few are able to stand up to heavy fire like that of the Apache and Hind. Cobra sure as hell is not one of those.
"Balance Uber Alles"

Poptart Lover
Lieutenant

Postby Poptart Lover » Sat 6 Sep 2014 10:57

Scanny wrote:
kek, you have no idea what you are talking about. Helicopters are incredibly fragile few are able to stand up to heavy fire like that of the Apache and Hind. Cobra sure as hell is not one of those.

Isn't that what I said? You have no idea what you're talking about. L2 read before you speak, troll.

Bullfrog
General

Postby Bullfrog » Sat 6 Sep 2014 10:59

Guggy wrote:Helo's without armor tend to die too fast to small arms in general, but I imagine its just how the game works tbh.

They do die way fast to small arms, they happen to fly over a inf unit in the tree going 280+, get shot down before out of LoS

bit crazy
Does not affiliate with members who post in #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

CandyMan
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby CandyMan » Sat 6 Sep 2014 11:50

I will admit to enjoying having armor in my hind D's. Flying over a forest when all of a sudden a ball of enemy infantry lights you up, then the hind shrugs it off and takes them out with it's Yak B. If it was a mi-8 it would have gone down in 3 seconds. Helps when you are providing close support in a city fight with no AA.
Your standard pinko Commie swine...
Rabidnid wrote:NK has a veritable cornucopia of mediocrity to choose from when it comes to inexpensive vehicular recon!

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”