Why is the SuperCobra's unarmored?

HaryPL
Lieutenant

Re: Why is the SuperCobra's unarmored?

Postby HaryPL » Sat 6 Sep 2014 12:51

It would be nice if it's really thin silhouette when attacking would be somehow represented, very small size or that 1 armor on front/sides would be nice.

Also, viewtopic.php?f=155&t=48163, it would be nice and distinctive if latter versions - especially SuperCobra one, costing 120 with 2 AAMs - could get some mid-tier autocannon FCS instead of 60s one. ( though that' in general, including latter Mi24s as well)

shuai-jan
Lieutenant

Postby shuai-jan » Sat 6 Sep 2014 13:17

Bullfrog wrote:
Guggy wrote:Helo's without armor tend to die too fast to small arms in general, but I imagine its just how the game works tbh.

The Cobra doesnt deserve to be armored at least, IMO. It was never the intention for it to be heavily armored.

They do die way fast to small arms, they happen to fly over a inf unit in the tree going 280+, get shot down before out of LoS

bit crazy

Think of it as abstraction of other assets a squad might carry or be supported by, a HMG or something like this (at least that is what I convince myself of).

HarmonicaWizard
Sergeant

Postby HarmonicaWizard » Sat 6 Sep 2014 15:37

Poptart Lover wrote:I think 1 armor just on sides should be on supercobras.

If you think of the apaches and hinds (or any other armored helo) and the armor the have in real life compared to the super-cobra, the SC would have to have .5 armor or something (which would be stupid) as no one could justify it having 1 point of armor when compared to the other copters.
"You might think that your nighthawk is cool and all, but tell me, can it time travel and speak in an Austrian accent? I don't think so."

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”