Will we get Cluster Arty modification?

[DAY]Topspin2005
General

Re: Will we get Cluster Arty modification?

Postby [DAY]Topspin2005 » Mon 15 Sep 2014 13:14

Ritterlich wrote:That endavour will be unsuccessful if you do not distinguish gamemodes and playernumbers, because Eugen has balanced the game (and cluster artillery) for 3v3 / 4v4 coalitions / major nations.

WRONG! As far as i know Eugen systems balanced the game for 2v2 and major nations ;)

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Mon 15 Sep 2014 13:27

CandyMan wrote:
Bullfrog wrote:Cluster Artillery should be significantly worst than Cluster Planes... since there is 0 risk to it.

Maybe, just MAYBE, cluster planes need major buffs across the board. :roll:

I agree.

BTW has anybody comparedthe area coverage and AP power of RL weapons? Because it seem to me not accurate that how big is the area coverage of a single rocket and how big AP has coparing to cluster bombs. A single small rocket can have 8 AP and same cover as a 500 kg bomb...? Are you kidding...?

Cluster rocket arty dose not have any risk just big firepower. I have to say maybe even HE rocket is unnecessary because cluster arty can reduce the morale of inf. and has much bigger area effect than Uragan or MLRS. Other rocket arty which has at least same area effect with 7HE can cause literally nothing for inf in city blocks....

DoktorvonWer
General

Postby DoktorvonWer » Mon 15 Sep 2014 14:52

I am getting so fed up of cluster artillery.

Enemy can't break your lines? Ok, they'll use their auto-win clusters which you can't defend against and puts them at 0 risk.
You're pushing through enemy lines? Ok, cut my losses I'll cluster the area and destroy their entire force.
[Insert any scenario here]? Ok, I'll cluster artillery, it's not like I stand to actually lose or risk anything by doing so.

I wish it had never been added to the game, for any faction.
Last edited by DoktorvonWer on Mon 15 Sep 2014 14:59, edited 1 time in total.

Bullfrog
General

Postby Bullfrog » Mon 15 Sep 2014 14:58

DoktorvonWer wrote:I wish it had never been added to the game, for any faction.

I think I agree.

And as long as they have 0 risk to them, I think I believe this for the majority of artillery with the exception of mortars, as they provide cheap smoke.
Last edited by Bullfrog on Mon 15 Sep 2014 15:01, edited 1 time in total.
Does not affiliate with members who post in #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

icehawk308
Major

Postby icehawk308 » Mon 15 Sep 2014 15:00

DoktorvonWer wrote:I am getting so fed up of cluster artillery.

Enemy can't break your lines? Ok, they'll use their auto-win clusters which you can defend against and puts them at 0 risk.
You're pushing through enemy lines? Ok, cut my losses I'll cluster the area and destroy their entire force.
[Insert any scenario here]? Ok, I'll cluster artillery, it's not like I stand to actually lose or risk anything by doing so.

Oh no actual fighting unit from real life is effective, LIKE IN REAL LIFE. :o

Yes go back to the days we could all pretend its WW2 :roll:

You guys sound like Ukranian tankers after finding out Uragan ICMs exist

DoktorvonWer
General

Postby DoktorvonWer » Mon 15 Sep 2014 15:07

icehawk308 wrote:
DoktorvonWer wrote:I am getting so fed up of cluster artillery.

Enemy can't break your lines? Ok, they'll use their auto-win clusters which you can defend against and puts them at 0 risk.

Oh no actual fighting unit from real life is effective, LIKE IN REAL LIFE. :o

Yes go back to the days we could all pretend its WW2 :roll:

You guys sound like Ukranian tankers after finding out Uragan ICMs exist

What a dumb post.

Ok, let's have all units effective 'like in real life'. Suddenly there's no game any more, and this is a well established fact. This is why we can't have Buks plucking fighters out of the air at 30km+, artillery taking an hour to set up and fire, cluster bomb equipped jets wiping out everything in a huge radius... The list is never ending. Because it's a game.
Last edited by DoktorvonWer on Mon 15 Sep 2014 15:12, edited 1 time in total.

Woozle
Captain

Postby Woozle » Mon 15 Sep 2014 15:09

Poptart Lover wrote:I ask the admin if I can TK

Real team player we got here.

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Mon 15 Sep 2014 15:14

The problem with cluster arty not the destruction power but rather the large are coverage and morale damage even against infantry. Literally causes instant panic. Against coordinated team you can't do anything. They cover a whole sector with cluster arty and is only a very small chance to loose any arty in case they are moved. Whan would be the small chance? Similar cluster arty spam... :shock: :roll:

You cannot move your strike force not to be panicked or destroyed by the luck of opponent at least AD or IFVs. Then comes just a med size attack force and you cannot stop it with panicked units... After the attack 4-5 min can come the another cluster rain and another attack...

The cluster arty totally messes in case of experienced players the many vs many games and because of code change as crap aircraft CBU bombs a big portion of units are never used.

It is also funny that top tier tanks has higher AV on top then some IFV in front... Has anybody ever compared the RL armor values...? To make usable cluster AC they should get at least +2AP value. Currently they cannot kill even untis with 1 top armor, This is nonsense...

DoktorvonWer
General

Postby DoktorvonWer » Mon 15 Sep 2014 15:16

molnibalage wrote:The problem with cluster arty not the destruction power but rather the large are coverage and morale damage even against infantry. Literally causes instant panic. Against coordinated team you can't do anything. The cover a whole sector with cluster arty and is about 1% chance to loose any arty in case they are moved.

Anything <3AV is almost guaranteed lost in a cluster artillery strike. Which means that as well as any surviving MBTs being panicked to hell, you've lost practically all AA, IFVs, ATGM vehicles, Helicopters, APCs, Recon that are caught in the blast. The blast which covers are huge area, and is even larger or more concentrated if it's a strike by more than 1 cluster MRLS.

gg, what am I supposed to do? Enemy player had to risk absolutely ZERO to achieve total defeat of a force in a huge area, can just waltz on in.

icehawk308
Major

Postby icehawk308 » Mon 15 Sep 2014 15:37

Cluster has already been banned from all decks save support. That was the cluster/ mlrs modification from HATO complaints.

What else do you want? Your complaining about your precious strike force being panicked? Thats EVERYBODYS problem. REDFOR has light cluster, NATO has superior ammount of modern tube arty. Might as well start a thread about RED strike forces being annihilated by CEASAR/ATACMS hits after 10secs of targeting while the RED cluster arty is taking its half minute time to get ready.

The latest 12 unit patch added the K9 Thunder for more Blue arty power. MLRS in general being shoved into support decks only. Its already been nerfed.

What else do you want? make it smoke only??? :roll: :?

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”