Will we get Cluster Arty modification?

Bullfrog
General

Re: Will we get Cluster Arty modification?

Postby Bullfrog » Mon 15 Sep 2014 15:41

:roll:

DoktorvonWer wrote:I wish it had never been added to the game, for any faction.
Does not affiliate with members who post in #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Deltario
Sergeant

Postby Deltario » Mon 15 Sep 2014 15:54

icehawk308 wrote:Snip

Clearly not looking at this thread as a complaint against all cluster arty I don't like the forms of cluster arty available to either red or blue as they are so easy to use and do so much damage for no real counter other than using your own factions cluster arty.

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Mon 15 Sep 2014 15:58

REDFOR has light cluster,

Light cluster...? With 8 AP? And do not come with ATCAMS because it has literally 0 area coverage... I can gain more kills with two Smreches than two ATCAMS.

NATO has superior ammount of modern tube arty.

Which is good for what? Against moving force they are just as "useful" as C cat tube arty... The problem is with cluster spam that with totally blind shots in coordination with other players you can break the morale and kill units... Blind shots with ATCAMS is pointless regardless of 20 AP because of small area coverage.

Might as well start a thread about RED strike forces being annihilated by CEASAR/ATACMS hits after 10secs of targeting while the RED cluster arty is taking its half minute time to get ready.

Ööööööm how you annihillate with tube arty with good and top tier heavy tanks with 55-70 km/h speed...? While a half lucky 4-6 coordinated Smerch salvo can cover half of a zone. Even you do not playe your units on obvious placed and after a succesful attack you retreat from the totally opposite side of zone cluster arty is problem. What can do 4-6 top tier arty? Is not able to kill anything armored which is move and only clear 1-2 city block is hard to them...

I have to say I stopped to use top tier arty because mortars with 5HE are much superior... Even with AS90 or Dana is impossible to kill well moved rocket cluster arty even if you give the attack order just after the 1-2 launched rocket... I do not camp at FOB they are just 2-3 behind the frontline but the aim time + time to impact is too long...

icehawk308
Major

Postby icehawk308 » Mon 15 Sep 2014 16:16

molnibalage wrote:
REDFOR has light cluster,

Light cluster...? With 8 AP? And do not come with ATCAMS because it has literally 0 area coverage... I can gain more kills with two Smreches than two ATCAMS.

Ahem MARS cluster, 4 to a Euro support deck : :roll:

molnibalage wrote:
NATO has superior ammount of modern tube arty.

Which is good for what? Against moving force they are just as "useful" as C cat tube arty... The problem is with cluster spam that with totally blind shots in coordination with other players you can break the morale and kill units... Blind shots with ATCAMS is pointless regardless of 20 AP because of small area coverage.

10sec arty tube spam is pointless... rrright.... :roll:

molnibalage wrote:
Might as well start a thread about RED strike forces being annihilated by CEASAR/ATACMS hits after 10secs of targeting while the RED cluster arty is taking its half minute time to get ready.

Ööööööm how you annihillate with tube arty with good and top tier heavy tanks with 55-70 km/h speed...? While a half lucky 4-6 coordinated Smerch salvo can cover half of a zone. Even you do not playe your units on obvious placed and after a succesful attack you retreat from the totally opposite side of zone cluster arty is problem. What can do 4-6 top tier arty? Is not able to kill anything armored which is move and only clear 1-2 city block is hard to them...

Ahem MARS cluster, 4 to a Euro support deck :roll:

molnibalage wrote:I have to say I stopped to use top tier arty because mortars with 5HE are much superior... Even with AS90 or Dana is impossible to kill well moved rocket cluster arty even if you give the attack order just after the 1-2 launched rocket... I do not camp at FOB they are just 2-3 behind the frontline but the aim time + time to impact is too long...

Yep new meta has pushed Mortars to the forefront.

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Mon 15 Sep 2014 16:21

Ahem MARS cluster, 4 to a Euro support deck

I do not play with support deck because you need good armors. What good armored units are in support deck? Didn't you read my comment....? The problem with coordinated cluster arty spam that non specialzed decks are doing this is teamworks THEN comes the attack. Yo cannot stop with your units even good med tanks not mentiong top tier tanks... Support decks are crap. I very rarely see than any mostly dumb noobs use them.

DoktorvonWer
General

Postby DoktorvonWer » Mon 15 Sep 2014 16:42

Bullfrog wrote::roll:

DoktorvonWer wrote:I wish it had never been added to the game, for any faction.

Thankyou.

The usual half-wits trying to make it a 'NATO WHINE' shit-tier thread.

Navinor
Staff Sergeant

Postby Navinor » Mon 15 Sep 2014 16:50

Nah, not the noobs are playing with the cluster arty. The noobs are playing only NATO USA right now (And normally 90% NATO only!)

The support deck players are normally the guys who EXACTLY know what they are doing.

You rarely see any of them, but when they are playing, most of other players are raging, And because of this, this thread was opened!

The cluster arty is not op! You have the high end 130 points arty, the 80 points arty and the mortars.

When i am playing my support deck i am playing only with MST-A, mortars, SMERCH and AA!

NO 80 points arty! Why? Because aim time is to long, for the damage they can do!. You can better take even a Gvozdinka instead of a Dana!

Intelligent support playing is the most difficult role in game! You have to PRETEND where the enemy could be and where enemies could move to kill them there!

And when i see a new player with only BM 21 in their deck, i know the rocket spam looks great, but it will do NOTHING! We have a strong tank meta in the game now, and against tanks the BM 21 is not very good!

And i will repeat another post here: The NATO has, the MARS 4x in a support deck. And the NATO has even the better 80 points tube artilleries!

The soviet Pivonkas are USELESS because of to much aim time!

And of course the soviet union has more Rocket launchers because their doctrine was MASS ARTILLERY in cold war!

BTW, before whining you should try to play with a support deck or better with a support deck on PACT side! You will see how difficult it, to play in a proper way!

icehawk308
Major

Postby icehawk308 » Mon 15 Sep 2014 16:58

molnibalage wrote:
Ahem MARS cluster, 4 to a Euro support deck

I do not play with support deck because you need good armors. What good armored units are in support deck? Didn't you read my comment....? The problem with coordinated cluster arty spam that non specialzed decks are doing this is teamworks THEN comes the attack. Yo cannot stop with your units even good med tanks not mentiong top tier tanks... Support decks are crap. I very rarely see than any mostly dumb noobs use them.

Oh excuse me, misread:

4 Cluster MARS for Eurocorps/German Nonspecialized deck than :roll:

Better?

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Mon 15 Sep 2014 17:19

And i will repeat another post here: The NATO has, the MARS 4x in a support deck. And the NATO has even the better 80 points tube artilleries!

The soviet Pivonkas are USELESS because of to much aim time

Which blue 80 CP gun has short aim time? Even the 80 pts M109A2 has almost the same aiming time as M110 precision arty... 105 mm blue guns are as crap as rest of for anybody. I tried the FRA 105 mm gun and Abbot either.

Ritterlich
Warrant Officer

Postby Ritterlich » Mon 15 Sep 2014 17:54

[DAY]Topspin2005 wrote:
Ritterlich wrote:That endavour will be unsuccessful if you do not distinguish gamemodes and playernumbers, because Eugen has balanced the game (and cluster artillery) for 3v3 / 4v4 coalitions / major nations.

WRONG! As far as i know Eugen systems balanced the game for 2v2 and major nations ;)

OMG! You too though, they also said coalitions ay? :mrgreen:

This looks like a fun party

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”