Tracked Rapier FSA price buff?

User avatar
Ripa' Moramee
Master Sergeant
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue 28 Jan 2014 13:34
Contact:

Re: Tracked Rapier FSA price nerf?

Postby Ripa' Moramee » Fri 19 Sep 2014 11:41

Rapier FSA needs an airplane range buff to 3325m since its the only supposed long range AA the Commonwealth or the Brits have
I live for the flame war

User avatar
katt
Lieutenant General
Posts: 4060
Joined: Tue 13 Mar 2012 20:42
Contact:

Re: Tracked Rapier FSA price nerf?

Postby katt » Fri 19 Sep 2014 11:42

BeyondNight wrote:
Fistoblitzkrieg wrote:Would this be out of the question?


yea for 50 points each, the Roland gives you more Armor, speed, Missiles, Accuracy, and More Anti-Heli range.

+1 for a price drop for the rapier.


Roland has two missiles.

Rapier has 8.

How do you get more?
Image
人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人

User avatar
JBravo
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 2419
Joined: Thu 17 May 2012 16:07
Location: Plymouth Rock
Contact:

Re: Tracked Rapier FSA price nerf?

Postby JBravo » Fri 19 Sep 2014 11:50

katt wrote:
BeyondNight wrote:
Fistoblitzkrieg wrote:Would this be out of the question?


yea for 50 points each, the Roland gives you more Armor, speed, Missiles, Accuracy, and More Anti-Heli range.

+1 for a price drop for the rapier.


Roland has two missiles.

Rapier has 8.

How do you get more?

It's pretty obvious.

The Roland has 10 missiles. The Rapier has 8 missiles. That's where you get more. :roll:

You are incorrectly referring to the missiles loaded and ready to fire, which was not a statistic BeyondNight included in the list above.
Image

User avatar
katt
Lieutenant General
Posts: 4060
Joined: Tue 13 Mar 2012 20:42
Contact:

Re: Tracked Rapier FSA price nerf?

Postby katt » Fri 19 Sep 2014 11:59

JBravo wrote:words


Ready to fire is all that matters tbh.

Reload time per missile is half Roland, and you get four times as many volleys, and the same anti-plane capability. Sounds better to me.

The only thing that is a serious concern is the speed disparity, but :britain:.
Image
人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人

Elukka
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 655
Joined: Sun 11 Mar 2012 23:00
Contact:

Re: Tracked Rapier FSA price nerf?

Postby Elukka » Fri 19 Sep 2014 13:13

Reload time or no, there is no situation where I would take the Rapier over the Roland if given the choice. It's just... generally better. I'd just use Rolands as my primary AA in every BLUFOR deck if I could get them, and that's pretty dull.

keebs63
Brigadier
Posts: 3091
Joined: Mon 3 Mar 2014 08:33
Contact:

Re: Tracked Rapier FSA price nerf?

Postby keebs63 » Fri 19 Sep 2014 13:18

Elukka wrote:Reload time or no, there is no situation where I would take the Rapier over the Roland if given the choice. It's just... generally better. I'd just use Rolands as my primary AA in every BLUFOR deck if I could get them, and that's pretty dull.

You'd use Roland 2s lol go gome, you're still hung over.
Image
"arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarted" -Someone, somewhere in Wargame Chat 2015

User avatar
Fistoblitzkrieg
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun 22 Apr 2012 23:08
Contact:

Re: Tracked Rapier FSA price nerf?

Postby Fistoblitzkrieg » Fri 19 Sep 2014 15:06

keebs63 wrote:Although it would be nice, you also have to look at the stats that arent shown. Tracked rapiers can fling 8 missiles at your planes without reloading/pausing, while the Roland has to reload after 2. There are some other advantages not shown as well.

Though I do agree with you, either 45 points or a mobility buff to like 45km/h off road. Also, air detection should be very good no matter what, i dont see why it isnt in the first place, as with all radar AA.


I honestly forgot about that I haven't used them in so long :lol: . But, in general you usually only have enough time to get two to three missiles off anyways.
Image

keebs63
Brigadier
Posts: 3091
Joined: Mon 3 Mar 2014 08:33
Contact:

Re: Tracked Rapier FSA price nerf?

Postby keebs63 » Fri 19 Sep 2014 15:07

Fistoblitzkrieg wrote:
keebs63 wrote:Although it would be nice, you also have to look at the stats that arent shown. Tracked rapiers can fling 8 missiles at your planes without reloading/pausing, while the Roland has to reload after 2. There are some other advantages not shown as well.

Though I do agree with you, either 45 points or a mobility buff to like 45km/h off road. Also, air detection should be very good no matter what, i dont see why it isnt in the first place, as with all radar AA.


I honestly forgot about that I haven't used them in so long :lol: . But, in general you usually only have enough time to get two to three missiles off anyways.

An accuracy/range buff would be great though
Image
"arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarted" -Someone, somewhere in Wargame Chat 2015

User avatar
katt
Lieutenant General
Posts: 4060
Joined: Tue 13 Mar 2012 20:42
Contact:

Re: Tracked Rapier FSA price nerf?

Postby katt » Fri 19 Sep 2014 15:08

Elukka wrote:Reload time or no, there is no situation where I would take the Rapier over the Roland if given the choice. It's just... generally better. I'd just use Rolands as my primary AA in every BLUFOR deck if I could get them, and that's pretty dull.


Roland is pretty bad tbh.
Image
人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人

User avatar
Fistoblitzkrieg
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun 22 Apr 2012 23:08
Contact:

Re: Tracked Rapier FSA price nerf?

Postby Fistoblitzkrieg » Fri 19 Sep 2014 15:12

keebs63 wrote:An accuracy/range buff would be great though


Definitely, but I figure that's a lot less likely then reducing it 5-10 points.
Image

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests