Eurofighter Typhoon

fdsdh1
Sergeant First-Class

Eurofighter Typhoon

Postby fdsdh1 » Mon 29 Sep 2014 13:15

I think it needs a buff or a point reduction, at the moment there is no real benefit of taking it out over the Tornado

the Typhoon is more expensive and you get less of them

it is also not that much more capable and has no significant advantage against the premier REDFOR aircraft, (the ones it was specifically designed to counter, the Red's would never have been able to get air superiority, but their SAM's were significantly better than anything Europe had to offer at the time. So far Red SAM's rule the roost which is good, but it would be nice to be able to win 6 out of 10 times in aerial combat itself) so the aircraft is basically completely pointless at what it is meant to do

also it as 'low' stealth which is a complete phallacy

although the radar cross signature of the Typhoon is classified it has been rated anywhere from a 1/4 of that of a Rafale to the same

this has been achieved through significant use of coatings, advanced materials and design with RCS in mind
btw Challenger 1 Mk. 1 is pointless, just get the Mk. 2 or Chieftain Mk. 11

Jawehawk
Lieutenant

Re: Eurofighter Typhoon

Postby Jawehawk » Mon 29 Sep 2014 13:22

I think it needs to be removed from the game entirely as it's way out of timeframe.

COMThing
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby COMThing » Mon 29 Sep 2014 13:34

Jawehawk wrote:I think it needs to be removed from the game entirely as it's way out of timeframe.

So basically you want to remove everything from after 1991?

The Eurofighter is within the generally accepted prototype timeline of up to 1996, only a few units exist in-game past that date.

DoktorvonWer
General

Postby DoktorvonWer » Mon 29 Sep 2014 13:43

fdsdh1 wrote:I think it needs a buff or a point reduction, at the moment there is no real benefit of taking it out over the Tornado

You get them at elite.
They have F&F AMRAAMs, which is a huge advantage over the Semi-Active Skyflash
They have AIM-9Ms, which are hugely better than AIM-9Ls, especially with that elite veterancy.
They have more ECM
They have superb handling, which Tornados lack.
They have more missiles.

Tornado doesn't even begin to compare, you can't be serious. Typhoon needs no buffs.

Moderators pls.

keebs63
Brigadier

Postby keebs63 » Mon 29 Sep 2014 13:51

DoktorvonWer wrote:
fdsdh1 wrote:I think it needs a buff or a point reduction, at the moment there is no real benefit of taking it out over the Tornado

You get them at elite.
They have F&F AMRAAMs, which is a huge advantage over the Semi-Active Skyflash
They have AIM-9Ms, which are hugely better than AIM-9Ls, especially with that elite veterancy.
They have more ECM
They have superb handling, which Tornados lack.
They have more missiles.

Tornado doesn't even begin to compare, you can't be serious. Typhoon needs no buffs.

Moderators pls.

/thread.

Seriously, I went 3k kills/0 deaths with Typhoons last night...
"arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarted" -Someone, somewhere in Wargame Chat 2015

Argus
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Argus » Mon 29 Sep 2014 13:56

Heh you think the Typhoon is overpriced. Check out the f15j for japan.
150 points!!! for 7km SA 350 turn radius...

Jesus christ. that thing is 130 points top

Regnar
Lieutenant

Postby Regnar » Mon 29 Sep 2014 14:01

ASFs in general aren't really worth it IMO. They all deserve a price reduction, as their cost in both activation points and actual price is too high to justify using in lieu of ground-based SAMs. When and if I have them in my decks, they are something I buy once I've already won the game.

keebs63
Brigadier

Postby keebs63 » Mon 29 Sep 2014 14:07

Regnar wrote:ASFs in general aren't really worth it IMO. They all deserve a price reduction, as their cost in both activation points and actual price is too high to justify using in lieu of ground-based SAMs. When and if I have them in my decks, they are something I buy once I've already won the game.

A BUK or I HAWK cant sling off 6 AMRAAMS in a matter of seconds... both have their pros and cons, but they are almost always worth it if you use them right.
"arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarted" -Someone, somewhere in Wargame Chat 2015

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Mon 29 Sep 2014 14:09

ASFs are high-risk, high-reward, high-micro units. They're death on wheels when you can spare the time to watch over them, but I usually find myself microing my ground stuff and covering it with IR SAMs.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

chykka
Brigadier

Postby chykka » Mon 29 Sep 2014 14:13

also it as 'low' stealth which is a complete phallacy

although the radar cross signature of the Typhoon is classified it has been rated anywhere from a 1/4 of that of a Rafale to the same

this has been achieved through significant use of coatings, advanced materials and design with RCS in mind

Actually its rated 'poor' stealth. which is a step up from bad :)

I wouldn't mind it getting more stealth, having stealth fighters would be interesting. But I would like to see more medium stealth in planes. But than there is the night hawk :D
Typhoon is elite it's pretty good, all top ASF now are 1 a card and elite.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”