cptncrunch
Private

Plain & simple: More campaigns

Postby cptncrunch » Fri 3 Oct 2014 21:11

I will make this short :

Wargame RD is in my opinion nearly a perfect game, but please:

- add More campaigns
- modify the already existing campaigns, so one can choose the faction
(It would be amazing to play Japan in Climb Mount Narodnaya etc...)
- bring back the coop-campaign ( P vs P / P vs AI / etc )
- implement the old EE and AB campaigns in RD.

I dont expect the EUGEN Staff to do all of this list, but please guys, do something more.

I would actually pay a decent amount of money for a DLC which would have all these contents!!!

Best regards

CptnCrunch

Mr0Buggy
Brigadier

Re: Plain & simple: More campaigns

Postby Mr0Buggy » Fri 3 Oct 2014 21:58

Hi, and welcome to the forums.

Adding more campaigns seems highly unlikely at this point. The upcoming DLC #3 (which will upgrade the Scandinavians into 90+ standard), by all signs on the sky and on the ground seems will be the last one (that is not 100% certain however, but even if it will be more units/maps DLC rather than a campaign).

As for COOP/Versus/Playing from different POV additions - those suggestions has been shot down in the past, I do not recall specific argumentation, but it's also pretty much not happening.

As for EE/ALB campaigns ported over to the RD, the problem would lie with that the maps (due to engine changes) would be need to be pretty much remade from scratch, not to mention that the art assets, also would required to be ported over/remade.

As a final note: Eugen prides itself in making free DLC's for their games, so even if we beg them for it and throw money at the screens, it's also unlikely that they will start now.

keebs63
Brigadier

Postby keebs63 » Fri 3 Oct 2014 22:09

Tbh I think multiplayer maps are needed way more, considering most of the playerbase plays MP and is stuck with trashy imbalanced maps. They also just gave us another camapaign
"arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarted" -Someone, somewhere in Wargame Chat 2015

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby orcbuster » Sat 4 Oct 2014 00:30

keebs63 wrote:Tbh I think multiplayer maps are needed way more, considering most of the playerbase plays MP and is stuck with trashy imbalanced maps. They also just gave us another camapaign

According to eugen 1/3 of the playerbase has never touched MP
Viker for ingen!

Jawehawk
Lieutenant

Postby Jawehawk » Sat 4 Oct 2014 01:04

orcbuster wrote:
According to eugen 1/3 of the playerbase has never touched MP

Is playerbase meassured in people who have bought the game, or only people who are frequently playing the game?
In any case, Eugen shouldn't waste time on single player unless they put proper effort into it.

cptncrunch
Private

Postby cptncrunch » Sat 4 Oct 2014 01:31

When looking at the mass of information which are shown in everybodys stats, i am pretty sure EUGEN knows exactly how many people play MP/SP.

Lets face it:
There are several types of gamers, and although playing a Skirmish-PvP/Ranking-match is fun, the MP does not give me the same thrill and entertainment as a good, long -lasting campaign does.

Jawehawk
Lieutenant

Postby Jawehawk » Sat 4 Oct 2014 10:57

cptncrunch wrote:When looking at the mass of information which are shown in everybodys stats, i am pretty sure EUGEN knows exactly how many people play MP/SP.

Lets face it:
There are several types of gamers, and although playing a Skirmish-PvP/Ranking-match is fun, the MP does not give me the same thrill and entertainment as a good, long -lasting campaign does.

I love single player. But the "things" in ALB and RD aren't campaigns. They're skirmishes with no variation.

fatfluffycat
Major

Postby fatfluffycat » Sat 4 Oct 2014 18:31

Jawehawk wrote:I love single player. But the "things" in ALB and RD aren't campaigns. They're skirmishes with no variation.

This
How is possible? / Thread of the Year 2015

broskiier
Private First-Class

Postby broskiier » Fri 24 Oct 2014 08:30

The way campaigns are set up is great. The problem is the AI. Make them PvP and its problem solved.

I long for the RD campaigns to be PvP.

Lord General
Sergeant

Postby Lord General » Tue 28 Oct 2014 21:53

Yes please, more campaigns and definitely more mulitplayer maps! Dear Eugen, I would gladly pay for more campaigns and maps!

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”