Change for LRAAM

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Change for LRAAM

Postby another505 » Sun 5 Oct 2014 09:39

How about a change for them??
Since they aren't firing intended bomber targets, we can nerf their range to around MRAAM range 7000-7700m, change accuracy to 50-60 percent
It will basically High HE MRAAM with slower ROF, maybe 3 second? Great against armored planes or B-5, still deadly against other plane
then maybe we could add R-40/R-60/Aim-9/R-77 to have secondary weapon too so they can actually kill targets

I think people will like them like that
except those who just hate them for being out of scope, i understand that
Of Salt

Rorschach
Lieutenant General

Re: Change for LRAAM

Postby Rorschach » Sun 5 Oct 2014 09:46

I'm happy with the 3 interceptor planes in the game being practically useless. They ruined ALB air combat in the later days, IMO. All you needed was a couple of. Tomcats circling above your base, and any enemy planes were useless; stunned before they left their base; killed before they dropped their bombs.

Although what you're saying wouldn't necessarily, bring back those days, I'm uneasy about buffing them.
A brilliant plan from the dirtiest euro-hippie: get US players to pay me for a game that I then show them how much their military sucks so I can feel better about being a communist.

another505

Postby another505 » Sun 5 Oct 2014 10:04

Rorschach wrote:I'm happy with the 3 interceptor planes in the game being practically useless. They ruined ALB air combat in the later days, IMO. All you needed was a couple of. Tomcats circling above your base, and any enemy planes were useless; stunned before they left their base; killed before they dropped their bombs.

Although what you're saying wouldn't necessarily, bring back those days, I'm uneasy about buffing them.

Well, let us forget the hatred of ALB days , but of course, without going back to there

Is not really a buff, they get their range nerfed to MRAAM range, and they still basically cant turn, they go in there to intercept bombers and evac
they will lose to dogfights against other ASF

It wont go back to those days
Of Salt

Yakhont
Colonel

Postby Yakhont » Sun 5 Oct 2014 10:19

It sounds good.

If Eugen really wants to expand the scope of Wargame interceptors would be a good place to start.

Largeish bombers could be another unit type that interceptors have long range against

Majorpain
Master Sergeant

Postby Majorpain » Sun 5 Oct 2014 11:54

The current interceptors have a place without being omg overpowered.

I think they are perfectly fine.

Fascist Pink
Sergeant Major

Postby Fascist Pink » Sun 5 Oct 2014 12:03

What the hell is wrong with interceptors now?

(Though the base Mig-31 needs a buff and the Tomcat has to be shifted to Air tab)

another505

Postby another505 » Sun 5 Oct 2014 18:18

Fascist Pink wrote:What the hell is wrong with interceptors now?

(Though the base Mig-31 needs a buff and the Tomcat has to be shifted to Air tab)

By changing.lraam into this . The mig31 base.and f14 will be useful and.able to be in airtab respectively
Of Salt

Centurion
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Centurion » Sun 5 Oct 2014 18:35

Rorschach wrote:All you needed was a couple of. Tomcats circling above your base, and any enemy planes were useless; stunned before they left their base; killed before they dropped their bombs.

Then 20 Starmen or MiG-21s would come flying straight towards the circle of death and win the day.
"...In their Centurions, the 8th Hussars have evolved a new type of tank warfare. They taught us that anywhere a tank can go, is tank country: even the tops of mountains."

towedarray
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby towedarray » Sun 5 Oct 2014 18:39

Yeah and that was equally stupid and min-max'ing nonsense.

Rorschach wrote:I'm happy with the 3 interceptor planes in the game being practically useless. They ruined ALB air combat in the later days, IMO. All you needed was a couple of. Tomcats circling above your base, and any enemy planes were useless; stunned before they left their base; killed before they dropped their bombs.

Likewise, I'm happy with the LRAAM range as it is currently, even though they are only mildly effective. They serve a unique purpose, which is to harass and discourage enemy bombers and ATGM jets from making their attack runs over enemy territory. They can sometimes get a stun on them, which allows ground-based AD units to then take out the bomber, etc. They are also helpful as a CAP over the vast waters of certain mixed maps where the extra range is helpful in discouraging anti-ship jets from attacking your team's ships.

All said, they're fine as-is.

Awesome Cup
Master Sergeant

Postby Awesome Cup » Sun 5 Oct 2014 18:41

Did someone say Starman?
Spoiler : :

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”