Is this going to be the last Wargame DLC?

Firepower
Sergeant Major

Is this going to be the last Wargame DLC?

Postby Firepower » Tue 7 Oct 2014 12:56

With Eugen announcing their newest game (which looks awesome BTW) I'm getting worried that Wargame will be forgotten to the ages. It will always be an amazing game to me, I haven't found anything quite like it. But if the past is to be any indicator once a new game is announced/released the DLC usually stops coming in. I understand why, Eugen is a business and they have to make money. Obviously you can't sustain yourself by releasing a bunch of free DLC for old games.

However, I don't think the community would fault Eugen for releasing a big "expansion pack" type DLC with new units and maps but also charging a few bucks for it. Don't get me wrong, the free DLCs have been great and I've thoroughly enjoyed them but I don't want to see the end of new content in Wargame after DLC #3 is released.

tl;dr: Will Eugen continue to support Wargame:RD with DLC (free or not) after DLC #3 is released?

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Is this going to be the last Wargame DLC?

Postby orcbuster » Tue 7 Oct 2014 13:11

Paid for DLC seems very unlikely and eugen has a pretty firm stance that it simply splits the community.

As for potential future free DLC, my personal guess is that there won't be any but I might be wrong. The current support seem to be coming from whatever eugen can spare from AoA development and even that may dry out after this DLC.
Viker for ingen!

thenosh
Lieutenant

Postby thenosh » Tue 7 Oct 2014 13:19

Could there be another wargame though?
"Where is my T-80UK CV with top mounted BUK-M1?"

-Wargame global chat, somewhen somewhere-

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby orcbuster » Tue 7 Oct 2014 13:20

thenosh wrote:Could there be another wargame though?

much more likely
Viker for ingen!

thenosh
Lieutenant

Postby thenosh » Tue 7 Oct 2014 13:25

orcbuster wrote:

much more likely

That's the spirit. Modern time, post-cold war, multiple nations and maps from all around thew world.
"Where is my T-80UK CV with top mounted BUK-M1?"

-Wargame global chat, somewhen somewhere-

keebs63
Brigadier

Postby keebs63 » Tue 7 Oct 2014 13:39

thenosh wrote:
orcbuster wrote:

much more likely

That's the spirit. Modern time, post-cold war, multiple nations and maps from all around thew world.

I would not buy that. The timeline is already too far up.
"arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarted" -Someone, somewhere in Wargame Chat 2015

Firepower
Sergeant Major

Postby Firepower » Tue 7 Oct 2014 13:44

orcbuster wrote:Paid for DLC seems very unlikely and eugen has a pretty firm stance that it simply splits the community.

As for potential future free DLC, my personal guess is that there won't be any but I might be wrong. The current support seem to be coming from whatever eugen can spare from AoA development and even that may dry out after this DLC.

I don't know if I really agree with Eugen's position (not that it matters anyway). Some of the best RTS games ever developed have had expansion packs released for them. Games like Starcraft, Starcraft 2, and Company of Heroes all had really fun expansions that were well worth the asking price.

keebs63
Brigadier

Postby keebs63 » Tue 7 Oct 2014 13:49

Heh, did I just hear CoH2 is one of the best RTS? Also, I agree with them, if they do that then like half the community would have the 0ack and the others wouldnt
"arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarted" -Someone, somewhere in Wargame Chat 2015

Firepower
Sergeant Major

Postby Firepower » Tue 7 Oct 2014 14:13

keebs63 wrote:Heh, did I just hear CoH2 is one of the best RTS? Also, I agree with them, if they do that then like half the community would have the 0ack and the others wouldnt

I said the original CoH is one of the best RTS games ever. I haven't really played the second one.

If they make the expansion worth the asking price then I see no reason why it would split the community. It wouldn't have been the first RTS to release an expansion.

keebs63
Brigadier

Postby keebs63 » Tue 7 Oct 2014 14:15

Firepower wrote:
keebs63 wrote:Heh, did I just hear CoH2 is one of the best RTS? Also, I agree with them, if they do that then like half the community would have the 0ack and the others wouldnt

I said the original CoH is one of the best RTS games ever. I haven't really played the second one.

If they make the expansion worth the asking price then I see no reason why it would split the community. It wouldn't have been the first RTS to release an expansion.

Good, its terrible. Also, CoH never had any expansion packs, they were just 3 seperate games.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”