Is this going to be the last Wargame DLC?

Firepower
Sergeant Major

Re: Is this going to be the last Wargame DLC?

Postby Firepower » Thu 9 Oct 2014 04:40

Red Dragon with mod tools and Steam Workshop support.... I would cry.

Bullfrog
General

Postby Bullfrog » Thu 9 Oct 2014 08:30

I wouldn't think so... I imagine War games 4 will be in development longer than ALB or RD was due to AoA.. they will most likely release some content to hold over the community.

Or at least some significant patches.

I hope.
Does not affiliate with members who post in #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

yacoub
Warrant Officer

Postby yacoub » Fri 17 Oct 2014 22:18

tenkte wrote:If EUGEN introduced paid DLC, I think many would buy it. They could give us some "exotic" units in paid DLC, generally weaker than those in regular game. Spetsnaz GRU. Totally unnecessary, 10/10 could come in paid DLC.

I would gladly pay for more DLC but not if it had stupid "exotic" units or any other gamebreaking nonsense. DLC with maps and other improvements would be much more valuable. And there are plenty of in-timeframe non-exotic units that could be added.

Dread
Sergeant Major

Postby Dread » Fri 17 Oct 2014 23:30

I'd gladly donate money for another DLC, but Eugen is apparently against crowd funding things.
List of DPRK units I want
Resident KPA nerd.

GookaDuke
Sergeant

Postby GookaDuke » Fri 17 Oct 2014 23:31

Am I missing something? This is the best RTS game in years and its only a couple old! Didn't they have a 5 year plan with this franchise?

Or is this game simply not profitable anymore?

ctbear
Sergeant

Postby ctbear » Sun 19 Oct 2014 02:34

Well, no more DLC, sad, but will Eugen get rid of "Ugbear Policy" after last DLC realease ?

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby orcbuster » Sun 19 Oct 2014 10:53

My two cents? I think Eugen is tired of the wargame series and want to do something else for a few years. Hence the return to different game types like AOA and the other projects we know they have in the pipes.
Viker for ingen!

Bullfrog
General

Postby Bullfrog » Sun 19 Oct 2014 11:26

orcbuster wrote: Hence the return to different game types like AOA and the other projects we know they have in the pipes.

Well they are free to try, but I don't think they'll have the sales.

I don't speak with any certainty of course, but I know I will not be buying AoA, or recommending it (I am responsible for a few people buying Wargames), and I know a few folks who don't even have it on their radar... or do but like me, they aren't interested in it.

I think there will be a WG4 after AoA. I only hope WG4 doesn't need a WG 5 in the way RD needs WG4.
Does not affiliate with members who post in #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

hanspeter_schnitzel
Command Sergeant Major

Postby hanspeter_schnitzel » Sun 19 Oct 2014 11:52

keebs63 wrote:
thenosh wrote:
thenosh wrote:Could there be another wargame though?

That's the spirit. Modern time, post-cold war, multiple nations and maps from all around thew world.

I would not buy that. The timeline is already too far up.

What if the timeline isn't 1975-2014, but moreso 2010-2014? :D I personally would wish for 1975-1980, or a WW2 Wargame.

Dread
Sergeant Major

Postby Dread » Sun 19 Oct 2014 15:15

Bullfrog wrote:
orcbuster wrote: Hence the return to different game types like AOA and the other projects we know they have in the pipes.

Well they are free to try, but I don't think they'll have the sales.

I don't speak with any certainty of course, but I know I will not be buying AoA, or recommending it (I am responsible for a few people buying Wargames), and I know a few folks who don't even have it on their radar... or do but like me, they aren't interested in it.

I think there will be a WG4 after AoA. I only hope WG4 doesn't need a WG 5 in the way RD needs WG4.

This ^

I'm in the same boat as Bullfrog, I've convinced friends to buy Wargame and I've enjoyed it but AoA just doesn't seem interesting to me. Normally if I was impressed with a developer I would give them the benefit of the doubt and try their new games, but given it's pretty obvious Red Dragon is going to be left unfinished I'm not sure I can give Eugen that same doubt.
List of DPRK units I want
Resident KPA nerd.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”