On Patriot again ...

QUAD
Colonel

Re: On Patriot again ...

Postby QUAD » Mon 3 Nov 2014 05:39

I just want more MRAAM multiroles, and Riflemen with M249s.
Mobile Units Operational :!:

hanspeter_schnitzel
Command Sergeant Major

Postby hanspeter_schnitzel » Wed 5 Nov 2014 15:47

Patriot is just no. Done. Just, it should not have been there. Just what the heck man. You have a plane flying at advancing enemy forces, so enemy troops that are IN YOUR OWN AREA.. And instead of having, as one would expect, missiles flying from somewhat near the enemy troops, so from AA that you could actually spot and kind of easily get rid off... suddenly missiles fly at you from the enemy sectors. What the hell.

wy456
Sergeant Major

Postby wy456 » Wed 5 Nov 2014 18:20

another505 wrote:Honestly, I want to know how many marshals agree/disagree that patriot is op

Most of the devs. dont play the game already
and if most marshals agree it is op

eugen is really delusional to keep its range/accuracy stats

Most people, including me don't have problems with the Patriot. Every Faction has some unique units and I want a more versatile gameplay instead of having (by stats) the same units everywhere.

Well just take care about your planes. That's it. Its not Airlandbattle any more, if there is heavy AA in an area and you got no SEAD than don't fly, as simple as that. Use your pts to buy tanks. Same thing goes for Nato. Flying in the Path of a NEWA is not less Deadly.

And if you feel like the chances are higher to down SEAD with your patriot then with a NEWA, you will most likely also have your radar turned on the whole time.

Give your Radar AA a quickbutton like 0 and then you can easily turn them on and off when you need them. (H)

Razlom
Warrant Officer

Postby Razlom » Wed 5 Nov 2014 21:38

wy456 wrote:Most people, including me don't have problems with the Patriot. Every Faction has some unique units and I want a more versatile gameplay instead of having (by stats) the same units everywhere.

Well just take care about your planes. That's it. Its not Airlandbattle any more, if there is heavy AA in an area and you got no SEAD than don't fly, as simple as that. Use your pts to buy tanks. Same thing goes for Nato. Flying in the Path of a NEWA is not less Deadly.

And if you feel like the chances are higher to down SEAD with your patriot then with a NEWA, you will most likely also have your radar turned on the whole time.

Give your Radar AA a quickbutton like 0 and then you can easily turn them on and off when you need them. (H)

Why the hell shall the one side have the lower need in control than another? While one side, lets call it R, has to move its heavy SAMs after every shot, praying not to be killed by the 10s aiming time arty, as most of the AA is slow and tracked, also controlling the whole, and sometimes part of the AA groups, the other side, call it B can just keep the heavy and damn good SAM far away, also having the speed that leaves little chances to counterbattery it by anything but smerch?
Oh, and SEAD still has worse range than pat's missiles.

wy456
Sergeant Major

Postby wy456 » Wed 5 Nov 2014 22:03

Razlom wrote:Why the hell shall the one side have the lower need in control than another? While one side, lets call it R, has to move its heavy SAMs after every shot, praying not to be killed by the 10s aiming time arty, as most of the AA is slow and tracked, also controlling the whole, and sometimes part of the AA groups, the other side, call it B can just keep the heavy and damn good SAM far away, also having the speed that leaves little chances to counterbattery it by anything but smerch?
Oh, and SEAD still has worse range than pat's missiles.

The problem is. If you know there is Heavy AA and you don't know where it is and you don't have sead and you don't fly combined operations and you have never heard of the term "Saturation Attack" and you don't probe your enemies AA capabilities and don't use baits and you are still flying your planes into the zone, then there is really no help for you. And that is the same for all of the Long-Range AAs in the game, red and blue.

Razlom
Warrant Officer

Postby Razlom » Thu 6 Nov 2014 12:13

Of course, you shall combinde planes, but in case of patriot that means that either cannon fodder to take the first missile is needed, or to risk with some expensive plane with high ECM due to highest ACC of patriot with high chance of instakilling the plane. And it's for killing just 1 patriot. When ADN is deployed - that is equal to just presenting the points for enemy. And to build good ADN is easier when you have a greater killer.

wy456
Sergeant Major

Postby wy456 » Thu 6 Nov 2014 13:06

Razlom wrote:Of course, you shall combinde planes, but in case of patriot that means that either cannon fodder to take the first missile is needed, or to risk with some expensive plane with high ECM due to highest ACC of patriot with high chance of instakilling the plane. And it's for killing just 1 patriot. When ADN is deployed - that is equal to just presenting the points for enemy. And to build good ADN is easier when you have a greater killer.

When there is AA you might loose one of your planes anyways. There is no clean way through. I think I can micro manage my AA pretty well. I have a programmable keayboard and i have programmed one of my extra buttons to disable the RADAR-AA. One push the network is in one push the network is off. So when i see a plane flying i don't activate it until i know for sure its not SEAD. This means the plane is well inside my network before i turn it on. And in case i forgot to turn it off and there is sead and they know about the position its almost a 100% loss of the patriot.

When i play RED, i never really had problems with the Patriot. I usually fly SEAD when there is a bombing run, when i see something and it would be painful if those planes would hit. Its not just any target it needs to be something crucial, something like a strategic location or their cv, something that hurts when hit. In those cases you can be sure radar will be turned on but only after it saw your bombers, so SEAD needs to fly 2 or 3 seconds after your bombers and you need more then one.

Same thing counts for RED or BLUE i did not see a difference in the effectiveness of the AA so far. The only way a Patriot is more effective as a NEWA is if it is always turned on and in this case its almost certain dead.

Drrty-D
Major

Postby Drrty-D » Thu 6 Nov 2014 13:16

wy456 wrote:
Most people, including me don't have problems with the Patriot.

Says a complete HATOfanboy -http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/541883619701018508/FD4351F21F8B5C89B8C2F8C3A4C0992A87BB1E90/

Please stop to defend the presence of Mr.Patriot,specially if people never play against it like the user with 1000+ games as Hato ...

Tonci87
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Tonci87 » Thu 6 Nov 2014 13:41

So, I think we have established that wy456 likes to use the Patriot.

Seriously why don´t people understand that only a balanced RTS is an RTS that will live long? If one side is muchharder to play than the other and less effective then people will stop playing the game. And then you with your uber Blufor army will have to wait for half an hour until the redfor side of the lobby fills up. Is that really what you want just to get some more wins?
ImageImage
German realism oriented Arma Coop Community http://www.brigade2010.de

wy456
Sergeant Major

Postby wy456 » Thu 6 Nov 2014 13:52

Tonci87 wrote:So, I think we have established that wy456 likes to use the Patriot.

Seriously why don´t people understand that only a balanced RTS is an RTS that will live long? If one side is muchharder to play than the other and less effective then people will stop playing the game. And then you with your uber Blufor army will have to wait for half an hour until the redfor side of the lobby fills up. Is that really what you want just to get some more wins?

Balanced doesn't mean that everything has to be the same. What you suggest is having everywhere the same. So why not brake it down to just 3 tanks. One light one medium one Heavy . Red and Blue the same stats. Sounds fair? doesn't it? But pretty boring though.

I think the game is pretty well balanced right now and the state of the game is better as it was before. Just to tell you. I usually don't play US . I Usually don't use the Patriot. I would rather have it removed, but only because i don't want someone saying "oh you have only won because of your op units".

But REDs have unique units as well, and RED AA is not less deadly. If i were you i would rather want the ATACMS out of the game.

If you completely ignore what i have said in the posts before, then i already know why you have problems with the patriot, and if you have this problem than the I-HAWK would be enough for you.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”